Paulding.com

Accident on Merchants Drive

There was an accident this evening on Merchants Drive in front of the Wendys.

An Isuzu wagon hit 2 people on a motor cycle. The vehicle came to a stop on top of the motorcycle victims. The passengers of the vehicle stepped out to examine the scene. The female driver got back in the vehicle and backed it off of the motorcycle victims. The female driver of the vehicle fled when Georgia State Patrol arrived on the scene and is still at large. The male passenger was given a breathalyzer and taken into custody. Passenger of the motorcycle left the scene by ambulance and the driver was life flighted.

We have video and eyewitness testimony from the scene. We are editing and will have it up later this evening. Our prayers are with the victims and their families.

gallery_15671_463_49250.jpg

That explains what the hell I saw on my way home a while ago. Two sheriff's cars had their sirens on, bolted up 61N but then turned off their lights then were turning them on randomly stopping vehicles...not like pulling them over, just stopping them like they were telling them something when pulled up beside them. Really erratic behavior on their part but I can only assume they were probably looking for this driver (it was 2 SUVs I saw them stop for sure).

mrnn

OMG!! That is horrible that she would leave the scene of the accident like that. The guy who was taken into custody should be able to tell the police where to find her. I just can't get over the fact that she backed off the victims (which is probably a good thing) and then left. People are crazy!!

I'm R-E-A-L-L-Y sorry, but I have NO SYMPATHY for the BIOTCH who hit these people and fled. They need to find her and choot her. Prayers to the victims.

My son-in-law saw this accident and was very concerned when he came home.

you need to listen very carefully to the eyewitness account. You will be appalled when you pick up on what happened before they backed the car up.http://paulding.com/forum/index.php/topic/293962-motorcycle-accident-victim-life-flighted-in-possible-hit-and-run/page__view__findpost__p__3708624

I'm R-E-A-L-L-Y sorry, but I have NO SYMPATHY for the BIOTCH who hit these people and fled. They need to find her and choot her. Prayers to the victims.

My son-in-law saw this accident and was very concerned when he came home.

Same here! Why do people drink and drive???? I dont get it. Plan ahead a little or call a cab or a friend. So sad.

Maybe they can take their cell phones to court with them to "plead their innocent!" Thats evidence right on the phones! Maybe Wendys has outside cameras that can show what way she went...may live nearby.:unsure:

She ran because she was drunk. My friend was right behind them (you maybe can see her car stopped in the lane in your footage) The motorcycle drivers were from New York and so were their friends who were in the red truck behind the drunk drivers in most footage. They were not local people. The males injuries were called 'critical' and the females 'serious' according to emergency crews. Yes, I was standing there. Yes, I spoke to the friends they were traveling with. Yes, the male in the drunk drivers vehicle was taken into custody. As of 7pm when they pulled the motorcycle off the roadway, the woman had not been found.

Edited by LibertyLady

She ran because she was drunk. My friend was right behind them (you maybe can see her car stopped in the lane in your footage) The motorcycle drivers were from New York and so were their friends who were in the red truck behind the drunk drivers in most footage. They were not local people. The males injuries were called 'critical' and the females 'serious' according to emergency crews. Yes, I was standing there. Yes, I spoke to the friends they were traveling with. Yes, the male in the drunk drivers vehicle was taken into custody. As of 7pm when they pulled the motorcycle off the roadway, the woman had not been found.

Thank you for pointing out the witnesses to me.

I want people to see firsthand what drunk driving causes. Call a cab, make arrangement with friends, or stay where you are. This women will have to live with what she did for the rest of her life. It was not worth it.

• Like 1

Thank you for pointing out the witnesses to me.

I want people to see firsthand what drunk driving causes. Call a cab, make arrangement with friends, or stay where you are. This women will have to live with what she did for the rest of her life. It was not worth it.

What's worse, is that the innocent people on the bike will have to live with this for the rest of their lives... and they didn't do anything wrong. I have no sympathy for the drunk who hit them and left the scene. I hope this haunts her for the rest of her life and that she passes this hard lesson on to the ones she loves.

• Like 1

What's worse, is that the innocent people on the bike will have to live with this for the rest of their lives... and they didn't do anything wrong. I have no sympathy for the drunk who hit them and left the scene. I hope this haunts her for the rest of her life and that she passes this hard lesson on to the ones she loves.

My sympathy does not lie with her either, it was meant for people to think about what can happen with even one lapse in judgement. It's not worth anyone's life.

• Like 1

Prayers for the people involved on the motorcycle and I hope they find the woman who did this to them! Have any of the news stations covered this story? It might help to find her if more people are made aware of it.

I hope they find her and soon. Prayers to the people that were riding the motorcycles and their families.

However, I do have a question, I just want to understand this. How does a passanger get arrested for what a driver has done? I know they are husband and wife from reading the posts and the wife was driving. So, why did they arrest the husband for being drunk and he was on the passenger side? Even tho, I don't have a problem in the world with the officers doing so!

This is the reason I WILL NOT ride a motorcycle. Had they been in a pickup, this would have just been a fender bender.

Bikes are great fun but not worth putting yourself at the mercy of some irresponsible sot that doesn't care about themselves or you.

• Like 1

I hope they find her and soon. Prayers to the people that were riding the motorcycles and their families.

However, I do have a question, I just want to understand this. How does a passanger get arrested for what a driver has done? I know they are husband and wife from reading the posts and the wife was driving. So, why did they arrest the husband for being drunk and he was on the passenger side? Even tho, I don't have a problem in the world with the officers doing so!

I was wondering that too. Maybe he had warrants.

I am also curious as to why he was administered a breathalyzer test if he had been ID'd as the passenger. Sounds like an overeach by police to me unless of course he was on parole.

Edited by winston1972
  • Like 1

This is the reason I WILL NOT ride a motorcycle. Had they been in a pickup, this would have just been a fender bender.

Bikes are great fun but not worth putting yourself at the mercy of some irresponsible sot that doesn't care about themselves or you.

Agreed! My dad was killed on one, so there is no love lost between me and bikes.

At the time of his arrest, they were unclear about who was driving. From what I understood, he was driving when it happened, then they got out and snapped pictures, then she jumped in to back the car off the poor man. BOTH were drunk. Then she fled the scene and he was immediately taken into custody.

Edited by LibertyLady
1350524847[/url]' post='3708635']

you need to listen very carefully to the eyewitness account. You will be appalled when you pick up on what happened before they backed the car up.http://paulding.com/forum/index.php/topic/293962-motorcycle-accident-victim-life-flighted-in-possible-hit-and-run/page__view__findpost__p__3708624

Is there a link to the eyewitness account? Sorry new at PCM.

I was wondering that too. Maybe he had warrants.

I am also curious as to why he was administered a breathalyzer test if he had been ID'd as the passenger. Sounds like an overeach by police to me unless of course he was on parole.

The Paulding County Sheriff's web site said he was charged with: serious injury by vehicle, failure to carry or show license, no proof of insurance, and failure to yield left turn.

Officials from the Georgia State Patrol told Dallas-Hiram Patch that the crash in front of Ingles on Atlanta Highway in Dallas happened about 6:05 p.m. Wednesday. Injured in the two-vehicle crash was 55-year-old William J. Manzo of Wallkill, N.Y. , who operated a motorcycle. The extent of Manzo’s injuries was not immediately known.

Manzo’s motorcycle had been struck by a 1995 Isuzu Rodeo driven by James Allen Skinner, 67, of Dallas. A trooper charged Skinner with failing to yield while turning left, serious injury by vehicle, driving without license on person and having no proof of insurance.

My link

This is a tragic accident. My prayers go out to all involved. Here are some facts of the story. The male was driving the vehicle. The woman did move the vehicle off the victim but was not driving. She did leave the scene because she was scared and panicked. Absolutely the stupidest thing to do. The police went to where she was and she was not drunk. The police were not chasing her nor did she drive away. There was a couple driving behind the motorcycle that was with the victims. We believe they were the ones taking pictures of the accident. The couple in the Isuzu were not taking pictures. The male driver in the vehicle is alive but in serious condition and I have not heard about the female passenger. The driver of the car has been charged with Dui and other violations.

This is a tragic accident. My prayers go out to all involved. Here are some facts of the story. The male was driving the vehicle. The woman did move the vehicle off the victim but was not driving. She did leave the scene because she was scared and panicked. Absolutely the stupidest thing to do. The police went to where she was and she was not drunk. The police were not chasing her nor did she drive away. There was a couple driving behind the motorcycle that was with the victims. We believe they were the ones taking pictures of the accident. The couple in the Isuzu were not taking pictures. The male driver in the vehicle is alive but in serious condition and I have not heard about the female passenger. The driver of the car has been charged with Dui and other violations.

So she was riding with a drunk? She should be locked up for being dumb as hell.

• Like 2