Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
LPPT

Update on Johnny J

I spent the day with JohnnyJ and his family yesterday.

Johnny is in his last days, he is medicated and comfortable as possible.

Everyone has faced this reality and arrangements are being made.

We know that many people will come to show their respects when the time comes.

They family has already ask that instead of flowers donations be made to help with the expense of arrangements.

Arrangement are being made at Benson funeral home. You can drop your gift by or mail it.

If credit cards are easier you can do that by phone.

Long illnesses are a financial strain on a family and Johnny's family is no different in this case.

The gifts they are getting for travel expenses and food are greatly appreciated. They are taking off from their jobs to be there with him.

I was afraid this was going to be "THE" thread announcing his crossing over.

Prayers for his family and a fast crossing.

There are good times and bad times sitting a watch for a crossing. We joked a few times that Johnny was enjoying being the center of attention too much to leave. You just have to know him to understand that.

Now that he had us all together and our full attention he was not going anywhere. :rofl:

• Like 1

Maybe he is waiting on someone in particular to visit.

My father in law hung on for a day and a half and passed just minutes after his sister arrived. We swear the man was waiting for her to get there.

There are good times and bad times sitting a watch for a crossing. We joked a few times that Johnny was enjoying being the center of attention too much to leave. You just have to know him to understand that.

Now that he had us all together and our full attention he was not going anywhere. :rofl:

Maybe he is waiting on someone in particular to visit.

My father in law hung on for a day and a half and passed just minutes after his sister arrived. We swear the man was waiting for her to get there.

Maybe he is waiting on everyone to leave. My ex's grandfather was that way. He didn't want anyone see him die and he made that clear his whole life. He held on for 2 weeks. Someone always in the room. One day his wife and son walked into hallway for just a few minutes. When they returned, he was gone.

Maybe he is waiting on everyone to leave. My ex's grandfather was that way. He didn't want anyone see him die and he made that clear his whole life. He held on for 2 weeks. Someone always in the room. One day his wife and son walked into hallway for just a few minutes. When they returned, he was gone.

The hospice folks told us that this is very common, and it happened with my father. During the last years of his life, either Mother or I (and most times both) were at his side. The hospice folks suggested we make arrangements with the funeral home in advance; my sister is creeped out by such and asked to stay with Daddy while Mother and I went. The hospice folks had give him two to three more months; first time Mother and I had both been away from him literally in at least three years. He walked on ahead while we were gone. The hospice folks said it seems like the person wants to spare the loved ones the heartbreak of seeing them die. I have since heard of this happening with several other people of my acquaintance. Johnny J and his family have my prayers.

Edited on account of I can't spell.

Edited by mei lan
  • Like 1

Oh no :( So many love you JJ!

I have had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with you multiple times. You are so fun to be around. xoxo Praying for all

My father died on the 5th floor of Redmond hospital in Rome, GA at 6:00 PM on a Friday night.

4 months later, my mother died on the 5th floor of Redmond just down the hall from the room where my father passed away. She passed on a Friday night at 6:00 PM.

I spoke the nurse who was there at both my father's and mother's passing and mentioned the coincidence.

She said, "Doesn't surprise me much. The angels seem to make their rounds every evening around 6 o'clock."

Daddy is still hanging on. He is growing weaker though. It is very peaceful in here today. We all went home last night, only Debra stayed. He is just doing this, like everything else he did, HIS WAY!!

With as many scares as he has given us over the years I just keep expecting him to sit up and ask for a BC powder, a Sprite, and a cigarette at any moment... although I know that won't happen this time.

He's very peaceful today though.

• Like 1

I am fortunate that my family believes in pre-planning.

Shortly after my mother died and we had of course taken care of her most intimate things such as clothes, books toiletry items,I made my sisters do an inventory of furniture and treasures. They were not happy at first, it seemed morbid with dad still there. Fortunately he backed me up. I said we will not do this while grieving and under pressure to dissolve the estate. I have seen to many lifelong grudges because of things being divided when people are hurting.

No parent wants to pass on and have their kids at odds with each other, it amazes me when people with children of their own continue this practice. Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person and let go for the sake of peace.

Many hang on in hopes that their passing will bring peace and closeness to the people they love.

The human things all fall away on the other side, strife is left behind with the mortal body. Love on the other side is pure, understanding and forgiveness is complete. I think sometimes our loved ones stay with us hoping we will love better. It is all you can truly do for them is to love and take care of each other until you are together again. Strife is the waste of the gift of life, love is eternal.

• Like 4

Shortly after my mother died and we had of course taken care of her most intimate things such as clothes, books toiletry items,I made my sisters do an inventory of furniture and treasures. They were not happy at first, it seemed morbid with dad still there. Fortunately he backed me up. I said we will not do this while grieving and under pressure to dissolve the estate. I have seen to many lifelong grudges because of things being divided when people are hurting.

No parent wants to pass on and have their kids at odds with each other, it amazes me when people with children of their own continue this practice. Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person and let go for the sake of peace.

Many hang on in hopes that their passing will bring peace and closeness to the people they love.

The human things all fall away on the other side, strife is left behind with the mortal body. Love on the other side is pure, understanding and forgiveness is complete. I think sometimes our loved ones stay with us hoping we will love better. It is all you can truly do for them is to love and take care of each other until you are together again. Strife is the waste of the gift of life, love is eternal.

Amen.

• Like 1

I see Reesy peeking in from NY. I don't know If I ever told you, Johnny thought you were one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen. I think he had a little crush on you. :wub:

I see Reesy peeking in from NY. I don't know If I ever told you, Johnny thought you were one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen. I think he had a little crush on you. :wub:

I can always count on you to "OUT" me!! LOL You know I love Johnny and it's breaking my heart that I can't be there to visit!! You go give him a hug and kiss for me and tell him I Love him, since I'm not there to do it myself!! :wub:

Prayers for JJ, Chickadee and the family.

Glad he is peaceful. I have had met him many times over the past 7 years at various events.

Wise words, my friend.

You got a little poet in ya don't you.

Well said.

Wanted to let you all know the sad news that JohnnyJ has passed on just a few moments ago. My mom just called to let me know.(my brother is PastorMatt fyi) Please continue to pray for Heather and the entire family, even though it was expected, it has to be hard. I'm sure Heather will be on here later when she is able.

• Like 1

Wanted to let you all know the sad news that JohnnyJ has passed on just a few moments ago. My mom just called to let me know.(my brother is PastorMatt fyi) Please continue to pray for Heather and the entire family, even though it was expected, it has to be hard. I'm sure Heather will be on here later when she is able.

Thank you for letting us know.

My heart breaks for you and your entire family and my deepest condolences on your loss (and ours too).

I'll keep you in my thoughts tonight and in the days to come ..... :(

My deepest condolences for your loss. :(

RIP Johnny.

You have been and continue to be much loved.

Edited by Blondiega1

Thanks, Leslie -- Thoughts and Prayers for Heather, Matt, and the family <<<HUGS>>>

RIP sweet Johnny. Please give my Mama a hug.

Here is a pic from the Christmas Parade back in '09. It was so cold but Johnny warmed us all with his happy self. Johnny, you will be missed. :wub:

post-2888-0-58190500-1350420461_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much for letting us know. I am so

very, very sorry. Johnny was such a wonderful person

and a Great friend. Our thoughts and prayers

are with Heather, Pastor Matt and all of you

you at this very sad and difficult time

RIP Johnny we will miss you :(

My deepest and sincerest condolences go out to JohnnyJ's family and friends as well as his PCom friends. He was a bright spot on this board and will be missed by many. I never met him personally, but I have no doubt he was a good man, everyone has had something good to say about him.

RIP JohnnyJ.