Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
chickadee

JohnnyJ

LGM you can come anytime. If it is after 8pm you just need to call us and we can let you in. there's no set hours for visitation.

Go to Kennestone Hospital. Take Tower Road (next to Kennestone and across from Rite Aid). Once it deadends take a right onto Kennesaw Avenue. Take the first left at Dickson Drive at the Signature Care sign. Follow that street back and it deadends into the parking lot.

If any of you want to come, you are welcome.

Thank you so much for directions. ♥ It meant a lot to me to be able to come kiss his forehead and let him know, one last time, how much Hellraiser and I love him.

Daddy rested comfortably throughout the night. Tough old bird isn't going to give up too easily. :wub:

You all have no idea how much your kind words, phone calls, messages, visits, etc mean to us and to Daddy. He loves so many of you like family. His body just can not take anymore.

Thank you all for loving him and being such a great family to him over the years. LPPT, Lady Raider, or I will keep you all posted.

i just wanted to add my prayers for johnny and his family. we are old new hope. my hubby and were 1 and 2 grades behind johnny at dallas high. i spoke to johnny on here several times. like many others we have a heavy heart since hearing of your pain. i wish that we could help ease your pain, but i know that is impossible. it is a journey we must all make but it is never an easy one. my god give you comfort.

Johnny, I've wanted to come by and see you but I have been fighting off some kind of weird virus for weeks. Even though I am probably not contagious (except maybe to myself) I don't think it would be appreciated.

I first met you in 2005 (early April?) when you were trying to fix up the old place after the fire. I have to tell you that I walked into that place a total stranger to you and your family; but I walked out with a feeling of having met some of the warmest people I've ever met in my life. As the days passed I came to realize what a privilege it was for me to be able to help in some way. I was so impressed and humbled by the outpouring of support and love that this community had for you and yours that it changed me.

Every time I have run into you over the last 8 years (even though it's been fewer and fewer times) I've been uplifted by your warmth and smile. It's like no time has passed at all since I last saw you. That is a rare thing in life. It's even rarer to feel an instant acceptance from someone you've never met before. I knew that Saturday morning in 2005, standing next to you in the gutted out bathroom of that trailer, that you were someone unique and that you would be one of the people in my life that would leave a lasting imprint. I can only hope that I did the same for you in some small way.

I have to stop now...can't really see what I'm typing. Peace to you, Johnny.

And thank you for reminding us all that happiness is not a goal; it's a by-product of a life well lived.

• Like 8

Thinking about Johnny and the Family this morning. Praying for peace and God's comfort.

Someone described Johnny earlier as a true gentleman. He was so many good things but I would definitely describe him as a true gentleman- most of all.

Johnny has been a dear friend to me.... My heart is breaking from five hours away. I so wish I could be there right now.

Johnny has been a dear friend to me.... My heart is breaking from five hours away. I so wish I could be there right now.

Call Chickadee, she will put the phone next to his ear, he still can hear you. :wub:

Call Chickadee, she will put the phone next to his ear, he still can hear you. :wub:

I did. And she did.