Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
November Rain

Life flight and rescue vehicles in Powder Springs

Anybody know what's going on in downtown Powder Springs behind the bookstore? There are more fire trucks and other emergency response vehicles than I could count and life flight is in the park.

I am not sure if the bookstore is still open or or if it is now closed, but Rhonda and Brittani no longer are there. I have asked Rhonda on FB about the house fire but as of yet I have received no response.

Thanks for the link. I saw several firetrucks lining every street around the businesses by the bookstore but didn't see any smoke.

The Book Worm is still open. I didn't know it had changed hands again but the Open sign was lit today with cars parked next to the store.

Just back on P.com and seeing this post! All is well at the Book Worm and we ARE open. Susan is back and hopes to see you all soon! Monday through Friday 10 am - 6 pm.

I drove by there on Friday evening. If I hadn't known which house burned, I could not have be able to tell. The door was boarded up but otherwise, it really didn't look bad. Most of the fire must have been on the side toward the railroad tracks.

I drove by there on Friday evening. If I hadn't known which house burned, I could not have be able to tell. The door was boarded up but otherwise, it really didn't look bad. Most of the fire must have been on the side toward the railroad tracks.

Just speculating, I wonder if a "lab" exploded.

I really doubt it. The last time I saw people there, back in the spring, it was an older couple. I think they have been there for years. I don't often go down that street, as I usually turn before that street, but it's a fairly stable neighborhood. Now, had it been up on Butner, you could have been correct in your speculation. :glare:

Just speculating, I wonder if a "lab" exploded.