11 replies to this topic

#1 eaglerock

eaglerock

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

Last night before the start of the North Paulding vs. Hiram game at North. We were presenting a signed poster, signed helmet, and a $1000 check to the Zach Williamson scholarship fund to the parents of Zach Williamson, who was killed in a car wreck 2 years ago and would be a Senior this year. In an act of class the Hiram Hornets stopped their pre-game warmups and lined up across the field with their helmets off during the presentation. Coach Dorsey also came over and said a few words to the parents. Hiram High School can be proud of the example this staff is teaching it's young men. Hats off to the Hiram Hornets, may you win every game the rest of the season.
  • The Sound Guy, icare, TJB and 6 others like this

#2 Jet_man1969

Jet_man1969

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

I agree! 2 years ago they released all the balloons and walked around their pre game banner that had running with the angles on it and a big # 53 on it. Hiram is ALWAYS a class act when they come to North!
  • TNlamb and Jola like this

#3 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

:)
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#4 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,216 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Last night before the start of the North Paulding vs. Hiram game at North. We were presenting a signed poster, signed helmet, and a $1000 check to the Zach Williamson scholarship fund to the parents of Zach Williamson, who was killed in a car wreck 2 years ago and would be a Senior this year. In an act of class the Hiram Hornets stopped their pre-game warmups and lined up across the field with their helmets off during the presentation. Coach Dorsey also came over and said a few words to the parents. Hiram High School can be proud of the example this staff is teaching it's young men. Hats off to the Hiram Hornets, may you win every game the rest of the season.

What a great thing for this great group of kids to do and what a wonderful example of kindness and compassion for them to set. Kudos to Hiram High School and their football program!

#5 carolg

carolg

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

My daughter was a Senior cheerleader at Hiram two years ago. We knew what those kids were going to do that night before the game. I still remember watching the North stands when the banner was raised. A couple of heads turned and you could see the people start talking and pointing until the whole crowd was watching. Then the Hiram players and cheerleaders released the blue and silver balloons and the players walked around the banner! The banner was not broken and was given to North! The entire crowd was standing and cheering on both sides. Thinking about that night still gives me chill bumps! My daughter was so proud to be a part of that.

I am very proud that they did something again. Makes be proud to be a Hornet parent!

Edited by carolg, 22 September 2012 - 03:36 PM.

GO DAWGS

He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

#6 Just thinkin' hard

Just thinkin' hard

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

It was a good night. I've never been around cheerleading or football. But, I have to admit that I've been impressed with our coaches. Coach Dorsey learned under one of the best (his own dad) and I'm glad to see that he's carrying that on.

:)!
Posted Image

#7 brown*eyed*girl

brown*eyed*girl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

I think about Rene (Zach's Mom) all the time. It just breaks my heart for them still to think about how they lost their only child. She is an amazing woman. I remember the night it happened. It was my anniversary and my husband and I saw all the lights and activity going on as we left to go to dinner. When we found out what had happened my heart just crumbled. I had met Zach while he was at Moses and he attended our church. I drive by the scene of the accident every day and every time I think of him and his family.

Hiram and North are both class act schools.

#8 halo 2

halo 2

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

Ive known coach Dorsey since he was just a 10 Year old Tee boy at MHS. He was a good kid and he is even a better man now. His Mother and Father are great supporters of him and are good people. Hiram may nit win a championship every year but Andy is a great catch for any school. Hats off Coach
He who laughs last is the SLOWEST...

#9 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

There needs to be more news about this,so many times only bad acts by our young gets headlines. Hats off to a great performance by Hiram :good:
Men are like carpets,the better you lay them the longer you can walk on them.

#10 Mom of 2 playas

Mom of 2 playas

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

Proud to be a parent of 2 Hornets!!! We have a great group of men coaching our boys.
  • halo 2 likes this

#11 lawlady

lawlady

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

Ive known coach Dorsey since he was just a 10 Year old Tee boy at MHS. He was a good kid and he is even a better man now. His Mother and Father are great supporters of him and are good people. Hiram may nit win a championship every year but Andy is a great catch for any school. Hats off Coach

There is more to winning than just football games. Sounds like Coach Dorsey has exactly what it takes to produce a championship team whether they win even one football game or not.

#12 Southern Born

Southern Born

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Love to hear stories like this about young people!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics