5 replies to this topic

#1 ButterflyLion

ButterflyLion

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

I read about this free workshop sponsored in another part of the country. What groups are there in our area that could encourage adults and children to express themselves through art?

This type of project is the kind of thing that wouldn't require natural drawing abilities, etc.:

Last night I spent a wonderful, crafty evening with a group of ladies interested in trying out a variety of printing techniques. In particular, we mainly focused our attention on learning the simple steps of freezer paper stencil printing. The workshop was brought to us by I Heart Art: Baltimore; a collaboration between Etsy, BEST (our local Baltimore Etsy Street Team), and the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA). Best of all, it was completely free!

Our teacher for the evening was the lovely Tricia Lane-Forester, owner of tlane Etsy shop, which stocks one of a kind, hand-printed finds. While we dabbled in a few other printing techniques — mainly relief printmaking — the majority of us worked with freezer paper stencils. Here are step-by-step instructions for those of you interested in trying this inexpensive, super-cool method of printing. We practiced on tea towels, but this technique can used on anything from curtains to duvet covers … the possibilities are endless!

What You Need
fabric (preferably cotton, linen, canvas, or burlap)
pencil
X-Acto knife
freezer paper ...

The I Heart Art: Baltimore program was developed to help promote education and outreach as well as support Baltimore's vibrant community of artists and artisans. Along with Baltimore, you can also find I Heart Art programs in Portland and San Francisco.

http://www.apartment...print-on-151296

Love is patient. Love is kind.

1 Corinthians 13:4, GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

I am not interested in a war of wits where words are used like weapons to wound.

#2 hotwheels

hotwheels

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

sounds like fun. Where was this at?

#3 Johnny Jacobs

Johnny Jacobs

A Good Old Boy

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,598 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

sounds like fun. Where was this at?

Baltimore, Maryland.
The comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
---George Eliot

If I have earned your trust, then I am responsible for keeping that trust intact.
---JohnnyJ

#4 ButterflyLion

ButterflyLion

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

Anyone?

I am not interested in a war of wits where words are used like weapons to wound.

#5 ButterflyLion

ButterflyLion

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

I edited the title to ask about local groups.

So does anyone know of any art groups in the area?

#6 ButterflyLion

ButterflyLion

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

I found this:

Community workshops are based on demand for each class. See one listed below you’d like to take? Come in and sign up and when the class fills, it begins. Below is a sample of what’s on this year’s agenda:

• Ceramics for Beginners • Clay 101 • Illustration & Cartoons • Acting for Adults

•Improv Troop • How to Audition for a Play • Music Theory 101 • Community Chorus

• Community Orchestra • Introduction to Photography • Black & White Photography

• Using My Digital Camera • Spanish for Adults • English for Spanish Speakers

• Calligraphy • Origami • Costuming & Dressmaking • Jewelry Making • And much more…….

http://www.dallascul..._Workshops.html

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics