Paulding.com

'Middle Class' is $200K and above

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Half this country right now pays no income taxes, so where do you draw the lines to determine the middle class? If you take the middle third, that means half of that "middle class" would be paying no

I thought the millionaire/billionaires($250K or more a year) where sucking all the wealth from the country because they did not pay their "fair share". Which one is it?     Damn Nazis.

Good grief. I swear some of you would be jealous of a piss ant. Waaa waaaa waaa, I'm too stupid to know how the rich get rich, and stay rich. How many of you wanting to see Romney's tax returns, do

Yup, sure does!! :rolleyes:

Guess this means I'm in the poor house. Not that I already new that anyway.

I'm okay being classified as poor. I have all that I need, most of what I want, but if someone else wants to pay for my groceries, give me free cell phones and let me keep a bit more cash at the end of the year....I'll take it!!!!

I think what this is Romney, by defining the middle class as only those earning $200,000-250,000/yr, he can then justify giving them the same tax break as he gives the wealthy.

Since if you make below $200,000 a year, that means you're not middle class, you're lower class and since the lower class is sucking all the wealth of the nation through welfare, food stamps, home mortgage deductions, and other similar give-aways and tax loopholes ... he as the defender of the middle and upper class, are justified in raising taxes on ALL those lower class folks earning less than $200,000.

I mean, all we are are welfare queens, freeloaders and pawns.

pubby

PS: You got to know if you make $20 million/yr ... $200,000 is really chump change worthy of dolts and chumps ... so these folks have to be middle class.

I think what this is Romney, by defining the middle class as only those earning $200,000-250,000/yr, he can then justify giving them the same tax break as he gives the wealthy.

Since if you make below $200,000 a year, that means you're not middle class, you're lower class and since the lower class is sucking all the wealth of the nation through welfare, food stamps, home mortgage deductions, and other similar give-aways and tax loopholes ... he as the defender of the middle and upper class, are justified in raising taxes on ALL those lower class folks earning less than $200,000.

pubby

PS: You got to know if you make $20 million/yr ... $200,000 is really chump change worthy of dolts and chumps ... so these folks have to be middle class.

But I'm not getting welfare, foodstamps, etc. And I WANT IT!! We spend $600 a month or more on food...What else can I get, now that I'm lower class? Someone just fill me in and point me in the direction of the hand outs PLEASE!

pubby

I thought the millionaire/billionaires($250K or more a year) where sucking all the wealth from the country because they did not pay their "fair share". Which one is it?

Damn Nazis.

• Like 6

But I'm not getting welfare, foodstamps, etc. And I WANT IT!! We spend $600 a month or more on food...What else can I get, now that I'm lower class? Someone just fill me in and point me in the direction of the hand outs PLEASE!

Haa haa! :lol: I know what you mean. Hubby and I were talking the other day about how expensive things have gotten over the past few years. Neither one of us has jobs right now and have been looking for a long time. Our grocery bills have also increased because we have a new little one. Diapers and baby food can really add up!! Jokingly, he says we should take advantage of all the hand outs Obama is giving before he screws this country up anymore! I think he was half serious!

Haa haa! :lol: I know what you mean. Hubby and I were talking the other day about how expensive things have gotten over the past few years. Neither one of us has jobs right now and have been looking for a long time. Our grocery bills have also increased because we have a new little one. Diapers and baby food can really add up!! Jokingly, he says we should take advantage of all the hand outs Obama is giving before he screws this country up anymore! I think he was half serious!

Oooh! I'm pregnant too, didn't even think about that. Now I KNOW that the lower class get some coushy benefits for children!

Oooh! I'm pregnant too, didn't even think about that. Now I KNOW that the lower class get some coushy benefits for children!

Yep add WIC more food stamps and you get more money towards your housing voucher each month with each additional kid.

Edited by winston1972

I hope you guys are talking with tongue in cheek, and are not serious. If you are, that's the biggest reason our great country is in the shape it's in. Too many people expecting hard working tax payers to pay for all their wants, and some of their needs. It's time the slugs, ticks, leeches, welfare mamas, moochers, lazy arses to start fending for themselves.

• Like 1

http://www.ajc.com/a...nd-below/nSBSz/

So, if middle class is $200K (or $250K according to Obama), then that puts me in the lower class. Does this mean that I can start qualifying for social services, such as food stamps?

:unsure:

NO, your married to your baby daddy. Now your other child can get Medicaid, only because his daddy doesn't live you.

• Like 1

Yep add WIC more food stamps and you get more money towards your housing voucher each month with each additional kid.

Housing vouchers? If you mean section 8, I'm pretty sure that the program has been full for more than 10 years. Even the waiting lists haven't budged in 10 years. Seems once you are approved you are in for life.

I hope you guys are talking with tongue in cheek, and are not serious. If you are, that's the biggest reason our great country is in the shape it's in. Too many people expecting hard working tax payers to pay for all their wants, and some of their needs. It's time the slugs, ticks, leeches, welfare mamas, moochers, lazy arses to start fending for themselves.

I think they are. The point will be missed by most though.

Too many people expecting hard working tax payers to pay for all their wants, and some of their needs. It's time the slugs, ticks, leeches, welfare mamas, moochers, lazy arses to start fending for themselves.

You are describing the lazy arse bostards perfectly, CC!

Taxes are not just measured in cash, but all duty. The most precious resource, for tax, is in the human resource of this country, and the lazy arse bostards know that. If it wasn't for government regulation these bostards would still be strip mining, They are fending for themselves, for damn sure. drinks.gif

But you're not a middle class capitalist and it is the tax loopholes for things like your mortgage that if we close, we can afford more tax cuts for the real job creators... I mean, the lower classes - those who earn less than $200,000 a year, have been such a burden we need to raise their taxes.

pubby

PS: Romney, be defining the middle class as only those earning $200,000 or more, means he isn't lying when he says he'll cut taxes for the middle class. He is not making any such promise for the lower class, you see, meaning you now have big target on your back.

But you're not a middle class capitalist and it is the tax loopholes for things like your mortgage that if we close, we can afford more tax cuts for the real job creators... I mean, the lower classes - those who earn less than $200,000 a year, have been such a burden we need to raise their taxes.

pubby

PS: Romney, be defining the middle class as only those earning $200,000 or more, means he isn't lying when he says he'll cut taxes for the middle class. He is not making any such promise for the lower class, you see, meaning you now have big target on your back.

I mean; you know Pubby? It's as plain as the nose on our faces, and some of us still can't see it. pardon.gif

pubby

Half this country right now pays no income taxes, so where do you draw the lines to determine the middle class? If you take the middle third, that means half of that "middle class" would be paying no income taxes. That means one-sixth of this country would be deemed "middle class" but still would have no income tax burden.

At some point, we're going to have to start asking these people to start paying some kind of taxes, as if we raised taxes on the rich to 100 percent, it still wouldn't fund our country for an entire year (which shows how how deep of a hole, or how big government has become, with the help of Republicans and Democrats).

As tough as it is, this country has to learn that many of the things people consider necessities are really luxuries. Cable TV is a luxury (the library is FREE). Homes can be a luxury. Nice cars are a luxury.

Yes, I believe at some point, people are too poor to be required to pay income taxes. But when half my fellow countrymen aren't paying their fair share for needed government services (roads, schools, police and fire, etc.), that's a problem.

• Like 7

Half this country right now pays no income taxes, so where do you draw the lines to determine the middle class? If you take the middle third, that means half of that "middle class" would be paying no income taxes. That means one-sixth of this country would be deemed "middle class" but still would have no income tax burden.

At some point, we're going to have to start asking these people to start paying some kind of taxes, as if we raised taxes on the rich to 100 percent, it still wouldn't fund our country for an entire year (which shows how how deep of a hole, or how big government has become, with the help of Republicans and Democrats).

As tough as it is, this country has to learn that many of the things people consider necessities are really luxuries. Cable TV is a luxury (the library is FREE). Homes can be a luxury. Nice cars are a luxury.

Yes, I believe at some point, people are too poor to be required to pay income taxes. But when half my fellow countrymen aren't paying their fair share for needed government services (roads, schools, police and fire, etc.), that's a problem.

Werd. But alas it falls on deaf ears. Wealth envy and class warfare is all these feeble minded people know.

• Like 2

Werd. But alas it falls on deaf ears. Wealth envy and class warfare is all these feeble minded people know.

"There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning."Warren Buffett

756.jpg

Poor people are feeble minded, and according to Romney you are poor, if you earn less than $200 thousand a year.

Edited by The Postman

Did Rumney mean that as an insult? NO

He thinks he's doing, and saying the right things. drinks.gif

Well, if that's what he thinks, he's dumber than I thought. W-H-O in their right mind would think, much less say, something sooo incredibly short sighted and stupid, especially if you want to be the next President? It just hits home the fact that he is too far removed from reality and the average person to lead this country.

• Like 1

Well, if that's what he thinks, he's dumber than I thought. W-H-O in their right mind would think, much less say, something sooo incredibly short sighted and stupid, especially if you want to be the next President? It just hits home the fact that he is too far removed from reality and the average person to lead this country.

Romney thinks we believe he can create jobs, too, momof 3!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GGDpnxS4ogk

Get it right or don't say it at all.

Obama...zero to 250k

Romney 200-250k

[q[twitter][/twitter]uote name='dumbestgirlintheworld' timestamp='1347637344' post='3694379']

http://www.ajc.com/a...nd-below/nSBSz/

So, if middle class is $200K (or $250K according to Obama), then that puts me in the lower class. Does this mean that I can start qualifying for social services, such as food stamps?

:unsure:

Get it right or don't say it at all.

Obama...zero to 250k

Romney 200-250k

Did you even read the article you provided the link to? It says that Romney said middle class is an income of $200,000 to $250,000 a year and less. He DID NOT say it is between $200-250K.

It's not ridiculous. $200K for a family living in certain states is certainly considered middle class.

But that is the small percentage of Americans who live in those very few states.

This is out-of-touch talk going on.

Wanna place The Romney Bet on what is considered middle class? $10,000 today? I'll put it in the hands of an attorney of your choosing and you do the same. Then we can get some non-biased arbitrator to give us an answer if $200k is "middle class." I'm sure we can call a professor at, say, University of West GA to give us an answer. Wanna bet? Just a small amount. The Romney. $10,000?

Even $175,00 is middle class?

This will be the easiest $10,000 I've ever made.

And I thought most of you couldn't figure that out.

Thanks for saying what we all should be saying.

I also think 50-150k is middle class IMO. That's both incomes as a family.

But I also think that earned income credit is BS. No one should get more back then you put in the system. It's total BS and if you get 3-5k back because of it...your a slug and feeding on those that pay taxes. I hate that program.

[twitter][/twitter]

1347651511[/url]' post='3694516']

But that is the small percentage of Americans who live in those very few states.

This is out-of-touch talk going on.

Wanna place The Romney Bet on what is considered middle class? $10,000 today? I'll put it in the hands of an attorney of your choosing and you do the same. Then we can get some non-biased arbitrator to give us an answer if $200k is "middle class." I'm sure we can call a professor at, say, University of West GA to give us an answer. Wanna bet? Just a small amount. The Romney. $10,000?

Even $175,00 is middle class?

This will be the easiest $10,000 I've ever made.

Last time I checked the president is president for all states, not just the ones that help with your argument. Whether you believe it or not, $200K would be considered middle class for a family living in some states such as New York.

Regarding the Romney Bet, that's a silly proposition.

Last time I checked the president is president for all states, not just the ones that help with your argument. Whether you believe it or not, $200K would be considered middle class for a family living in some states such as New York.

Regarding the Romney Bet, that's a silly proposition.

And it is considered wealthy in most states.

Edited by zoocrew