Paulding.com

clark med 3, SO, res 7 enroute

3rd party caller

23yom - mother calling - reports at last contact man reported to have cut arms and legs - no contact after that

SO 539 and 758 enroute

10-62 threats against grandmother - caller reports dogs on property that are frendly "but protective"

rescue 7 staged in area

Edited by FreeBird

clark med 3, SO, res 7 enroute

3rd party caller

23yom - mother calling - reports at last contact man reported to have cut arms and legs - no contact after that

SO 539 and 758 enroute

10-62 threats against grandmother - caller reports dogs on property that are frendly "but protective"

rescue 7 staged in area

Again? What is going on around here? And Gee whiz people, there are pills that are much less messy than the guns and knives.

• Like 1

Damnit, I actually meant to give you a -1. What an ass.

Actually you don't understand suicide. We have dealt with it in my extended family. Really one of the most selfish things a person can do to their family. And then to leave a mess for them to have to deal with can destroy a lot of people.

I just see it differently after watching what it did to them.

But you are right about the ass part. I'll get rid of your + for ya. ;)

• Like 6

Actually you don't understand suicide. We have dealt with it in my extended family. Really one of the most selfish things a person can do to their family. And then to leave a mess for them to have to deal with can destroy a lot of people.

I just see it differently after watching what it did to them.

But you are right about the ass part. I'll get rid of your + for ya. ;)

Actually you know absolutely nothing about me or what I do or do not understand.

Yes, I agree it is selfish, BUT to come into this thread and have the nerve to say what you did was wrong. It just goes back to that old saying that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Considering the circumstances, that's exactly what you should have done.

• Like 3

Actually you know absolutely nothing about me or what I do or do not understand.

Yes, I agree it is selfish, BUT to come into this thread and have the nerve to say what you did was wrong. It just goes back to that old saying that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Considering the circumstances, that's exactly what you should have done.

Yeah. Whateva

I know that some people believe suicide is selfish and I somewhat agree.

I just think that it is so very sad when you have no hope and think suicide is the only way out.

I can not imagine what these poor souls go through, how very sad and alone they must feel.

Breaks my heart. :(

• Like 1

It is a selfish act, however it shows they finally took a stand for themselves. It's self serving, not because they don't care but because their pain has reached a point that has become unbearable. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation. Unfortunately, they don't realize it's only temporary.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 1

Finding a loved one after they have shot themselves is not something you want to do. Nor is listening to them do it while you're on the phone with them.

I feel for all the families involved. :(

Again? What is going on around here? And Gee whiz people, there are pills that are much less messy than the guns and knives.

Finding a loved one after they have shot themselves is not something you want to do. Nor is listening to them do it while you're on the phone with them.

I feel for all the families involved. :(

Are these personal experiences that you speak of, if you don't mind me asking?

It was a casual friend who found her husband after he shot himself in the head. It was my sister in law who was on the phone with her younger brother BEGGING him not to when he shot himself. I knew both people who committed suicide and actually knew them pretty well, even going to the funeral of the friend's husband but not the other due to it being in another state. Also, my cousin's husband shot her and then killed himself. :(

Are these personal experiences that you speak of, if you don't mind me asking?

It was a casual friend who found her husband after he shot himself in the head. It was my sister in law who was on the phone with her younger brother BEGGING him not to when he shot himself. I knew both people who committed suicide and actually knew them pretty well, even going to the funeral of the friend's husband but not the other due to it being in another state. Also, my cousin's husband shot her and then killed himself. :(

I am so very sorry! :(

My younger brother had two friends commit suicide while he was in high school. One was a childhood friend and he never once mentioned suicide, totally unexpected, S was very close to our family and there were never any signs that he ever wanted to kill himself.:( he was happy go lucky, class clown and all around great kid.

The other kid was like part of our familyalso. He was the son of a very prominent doctor in Cobb. I will call the child D, the initial of his first name.

D was a straight a student, very well thought of and respected by his peers. D was a perfectionist. He would cry if he made a B on a test, he would get very emotional when he didn't get a perfect score or

liftt the most weight out of everyone else in weight training. He put all of this pressure on himself, we really don't think it was put upon him by his family.

Prom night, his girfriend called at the last minute to announce she changed her mind about going to prom. D found a gun and stood on his deck outside while calling his parents out to the back yard where the deck was located. He told them he was going to kil himself and the parents, of course, begged and pleaded with him for about an hour. Just as they thought they had talked him out of it, he points the gun to his head and shoots himself right there in front of his parents and brother. Even though he had a few problems with being perfect, no one ever dreamed he would ever harm hinself. It was devastating, he was such a sweet, snart kid who seeminglyhad everything going for him.

I didn;t understand it then and I still don't understand to this day.:( What is so scarey is that most of the time, there are no outward indications of people wanting to commit suicide. I do wish more was known about why people do this. :( It mentally changes those of us left behind forever. I just always think about how sad and hopless they must feel and very alone. Very sad.

• Like 1

With my sister in law's brother, he had had a troubled childhood and early adult years. We were both in our mid-30s when he committed suicide. He had not threatened it previously.

I remember when my daughter went through counseling, the counselor told me that the most likely time a person would commit suicide was after they started making improvements in their depression. As a general rule, deeply depressed people don't have the necessary get-up-and-go to follow through.

It's often the ones who have neither hinted at it who do it and often the ones you wouldn't expect.

I agree with you. It changes those left behind. My cousin's children, now all well into their adult years, have never been the same, of course that was a murder-suicide. Neither has my sister in law been the same. She felt so responsible for her brother, not necessarily because he committed suicide but because she felt responsible for him since they were very close. And my casual friend was never the same. I do need to see if I can locate her and see how she's doing.

I am so very sorry! :(

My younger brother had two friends commit suicide while he was in high school. One was a childhood friend and he never once mentioned suicide, totally unexpected, S was very close to our family and there were never any signs that he ever wanted to kill himself.:( he was happy go lucky, class clown and all around great kid.

The other kid was like part of our familyalso. He was the son of a very prominent doctor in Cobb. I will call the child D, the initial of his first name.

D was a straight a student, very well thought of and respected by his peers. D was a perfectionist. He would cry if he made a B on a test, he would get very emotional when he didn't get a perfect score or

liftt the most weight out of everyone else in weight training. He put all of this pressure on himself, we really don't think it was put upon him by his family.

Prom night, his girfriend called at the last minute to announce she changed her mind about going to prom. D found a gun and stood on his deck outside while calling his parents out to the back yard where the deck was located. He told them he was going to kil himself and the parents, of course, begged and pleaded with him for about an hour. Just as they thought they had talked him out of it, he points the gun to his head and shoots himself right there in front of his parents and brother. Even though he had a few problems with being perfect, no one ever dreamed he would ever harm hinself. It was devastating, he was such a sweet, snart kid who seeminglyhad everything going for him.

I didn;t understand it then and I still don't understand to this day.:( What is so scarey is that most of the time, there are no outward indications of people wanting to commit suicide. I do wish more was known about why people do this. :( It mentally changes those of us left behind forever. I just always think about how sad and hopless they must feel and very alone. Very sad.