#1 Mistake Not...

Mistake Not...

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quk68eI8Dkc&feature=relmfu

The Political Machine 2012 features updated political topics from across the United States. Issues such as Afghanistan, the economy, Obamacare, income inequality, gay rights, and the national debt have been integrated into the game’s election database. Regional issues such as “right to work”, state minimum wage, local environmental policies, farm subsidies and more require the candidate to walk a tight rope between appealing to the widest range of voters and appearing to “flip flop”.

http://www.politicalmachine.com/

Just used Steam to get this game, going to see if it's any better than President Forever which is pretty fun in it's own right.

Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.

#2 Mistake Not...

Mistake Not...

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

HAHA some moron moderator gave me a warning for posting this in the CAFE.

Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.

#3 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

HAHA some moron moderator gave me a warning for posting this in the CAFE.

It is political, a forum you are quite familiar with along with the rules, who is the moron that can't seem to remember them :wacko:

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#4 Mistake Not...

Mistake Not...

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

It is political, a forum you are quite familiar with along with the rules, who is the moron that can't seem to remember them :wacko:

It's political in the same way West Wing is political, for entertainment purposes only.
But hey whatever makes you feel empowered.

And oh yeah, this is probably about the 3rd time I've EVER stepped into this forum on p.com so Yeah I SHOULD be quite familiar with the rules.
LOL.

Fairly obvious that this was ONLY moved for the "defeat Obama" thing, can't have that on the cafe, but had I said defeat Romney.. yeah it would have stayed.

But the fact is there's more political discussion in folks signatures than in my entire first post, but whatever. No wonder this site is dying.

Edited by Riptides, 05 August 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#5 Mistake Not...

Mistake Not...

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

Anyways after some playing around with the game tonight, I just give it a MEH, it's not fully developed and missing some features that were in "President Forever", which btw, I had lots of fun with in 2008.

But what does it matter, I'm talking to myself now about a video game.. oh well..

#6 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

It's political in the same way West Wing is political, for entertainment purposes only.
But hey whatever makes you feel empowered.

And oh yeah, this is probably about the 3rd time I've EVER stepped into this forum on p.com so Yeah I SHOULD be quite familiar with the rules.
LOL.

Fairly obvious that this was ONLY moved for the "defeat Obama" thing, can't have that on the cafe, but had I said defeat Romney.. yeah it would have stayed.

But the fact is there's more political discussion in folks signatures than in my entire first post, but whatever. No wonder this site is dying.

Defeat Romney would have not stayed in the Cafe. I apologize if I confused you with someone else that frequently visits the political forum.
We are not on a power trip, we have reasons for our rules, most people understand that. If someone starts a discussion about a political statement in a signature it will be moved here.

We are quite aware of the gibberish about our liberalism, as it pertains to moderation. I often read columns and articles from all over and read the comment sections when they have them.

What is said on here is rather mild compared to what you read on other sites. You don't see them deleting comments of those with differing political views because it makes people uncomfortable. I am sure that they do make certain things invisible when it comes to over the top personal attacks that are off topic.
(your remarks about the moderation were a personal attack on a moderator by the way)

I would not be surprised if they didn't get the same backlash of poor me you removed my comments because I am a democrat, liberal, conservative.

Quite honestly I don't mind being criticized for being inline with more popular mainstream media. I think it is just because people feel they have access to us that they dish up the criticism and try to force us to be what they want us to be.

It's really not much of a discussion after 10 or so people say ditto.

This is not a message board were freedom of speech applies only to those that agree or all act the same way. We only ask that the discussion go on in appropriate forums and quite honestly that is not cause for you or anyone else to get so upset.

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#7 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,080 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

Just sayin... 8)

http://paulding.com/...ke-life-better/
A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#8 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

Just sayin... 8)

http://paulding.com/...ke-life-better/

Did it finally get moved? I reported one 3 times the other day.
It's not always resistance to moving a thread as there is nobody moderating to do it.
Moderators are not on a schedule per say, as they are volunteers and they don't punch a clock.

El Zorro

#9 Mistake Not...

Mistake Not...

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

(your remarks about the moderation were a personal attack on a moderator by the way)

And they way you responded to me could be construed as one as well.
See how that works Ms. Kettle?

But I stand by what I said, no mistake on my part, it's moronic in the sense it's a game, about politics, again in the same fashion a show like West Wing was a TV show, about politics, and I don't have the magic myself to go back and look, but I highly doubt ANY of those ended up in the politics forum. But that seems to be the basis of the consideration of the moderation on this thread, and guess what, it's moronic.

We only ask that the discussion go on in appropriate forums and quite honestly that is not cause for you or anyone else to get so upset.

It could be more about folks getting upset about the duplicity of the moderation that seem to be the only thing of any consistency on these boards as of late.

But when this thread devolves into the political discussion you seem to think exists in this thread then I will concede my stance.
  • really gone from here likes this

#10 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

And they way you responded to me could be construed as one as well.
See how that works Ms. Kettle?

But I stand by what I said, no mistake on my part, it's moronic in the sense it's a game, about politics, again in the same fashion a show like West Wing was a TV show, about politics, and I don't have the magic myself to go back and look, but I highly doubt ANY of those ended up in the politics forum. But that seems to be the basis of the consideration of the moderation on this thread, and guess what, it's moronic.

It could be more about folks getting upset about the duplicity of the moderation that seem to be the only thing of any consistency on these boards as of late.

But when this thread devolves into the political discussion you seem to think exists in this thread then I will concede my stance.

I am pretty sure it will develop into a discussion about moderation. :rofl:
I will take my bullet for calling you a name I think my name calling canceled yours out :p
You could have changed your title, but it is our experience that mentioning Obama in a title or even a thread brings out the I hate Obama's in mass.

I did check your content and I do owe you an apology that I had you confused with someone else. I can see that you are not aware of the typical discussions that the word Obama brings out.
I really don't understand why you took moving the thread so personally anyway, we gave you the reason and ask you not to do it again.

It's simple the game is about politics, it goes in the political forum were folks can discuss the merits of a game based on politics.

Why don't you explain your reasoning for wanting it in the Cafe and we can take it under consideration :D

El Zorro

#11 Mistake Not...

Mistake Not...

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Why don't you explain your reasoning for wanting it in the Cafe and we can take it under consideration :D

Meh, it's a simulation-lite game for under $10 that you can purchase online. It's about what you'd expect in an under $10 PC game, interesting, playable, but has bugs, and not really outstanding. Easy to pick up and play, but when you increase difficulty levels in this game, the computer opponent cheats outside of the game rules for the player which means it's not got a lot under the hood difficulty wise, so it'd be easy to master.

The reason I put it in the cafe is the fact that it's just a game, the game being about politics was just like one of the other previous posts stating Shearin would be running again, as in, here's something to do with politics to get you interested in the topic but if you're into games then it'd work as a sort of stress relief with all the shiz flying over the elections for folks who like to poke around w. games on their computers. But if you're not into games, then you'd just move along. This thread had about fallen off page 1, so I don't think there are many gamers on this forum, but hey, in the end it's just something to break up the monotony of the Dinner threads and such that are always here.

If I really wanted to get political in this thread then the game I referenced twice, President Forever, is a much better simulation game in that you can manipulate the game to match current election trends, and it takes primaries into account and you can run an entire election year. When properly setup to match real world numbers that game is uncanny in it's predictions. I let the cpu play both sides in 2008 it was fairly spot on with Obama winning against McCain in 10 out of 10 games.

#12 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,337 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

It is a game.

It probably needs to go, not to the political forum, but fun and games.

pubby

I actually viewed the video ... something I'm pretty sure that the mods didn't do.

No big deal. Indeed, it looked like Obama was winning in the DEMO ... and the competition - Ms. Bachmann - probably was losing given her investment in places like Mississippi and Arkansas, both states that are solidly Republican.

Anyone with political acumen would know that while you can't ignore your base, most of your effort goes to wealthy states (key for fundraising and AR and MS aren't wealthy) and the swing states. In the demo of the game, Ms. Bachmann was spending way too much time/money in AR and MS.

pubby

#13 Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg

RIP JJ

• Mayberry Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Thank you Sir!

:ninja: Now we know where the 'Fun and Games' Forum is and what to put in it. :ninja:
http://www.paulding.com/ads/mayberryrack.swf

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 Deputy Rafe Hollister

Deputy Rafe Hollister

Paulding Com member

• Mayberry Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

The topic title and subtitle is clearly political and was designed to be political. The abuse we moderators take from people is too much for me any more.

I quit.
Singing away the blues

http://www.paulding.com/ads/mayberryrack.swf

#15 mrnn

mrnn

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

:ninja: Now we know where the 'Fun and Games' Forum is and what to put in it. :ninja:

:rofl:

mrnn

"Republicans have been fleeced, exploited, and lied to by the conservative entertainment complex" -- David Frum, Former Bush Speechwriter and directer of Republican Jewish Coalition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics