Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Public School - Disaster :(
Home School - Success through 8th grade

Public School - Another Disaster :(

West Georgia Adult Education Program - Success!!!!

Completed the GED Program and took the GED - all five subjects - and PASSED. Aspergers Kid does it!!!!

He now has a GED and is only 17 years old.

PCHS tried to stop us, but it didn't work . . .

Congrats to my grandson!
  • KRM, Thoughts, eym_sirius and 5 others like this

#2 Caped Crusader

Caped Crusader

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,621 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Completed the GED Program and took the GED - all five subjects - and PASSED. Aspergers Kid does it!!!!

Congrats to my grandson!

AWESOME!!! :good: :good: :good: :wub:

To Err is Human, To Forgive is DIVINE
Hey Look...gallery_1715_285_2412.gif

gallery_1715_2_74689.jpg

#3 RhondaW

RhondaW

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Congrats to my grandson!

Congratulations!!!!! :clapping:
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.  ~~~~~  "A room without a book, is like a body without a soul"  ~Cicero ~~~~~~ I dream of  a world...where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.<br />"Life is short. Don't be an asshole"~Jenilyn

#4 All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

Don't make me stamp you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,192 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Congrats!:drinks:

#5 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,577 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Congratulations! What a wonderful thing! :yahoo: :yahoo: :wub:

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#6 mrnn

mrnn

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Congratulations! You should be very proud!

mrnn

"Republicans have been fleeced, exploited, and lied to by the conservative entertainment complex" -- David Frum, Former Bush Speechwriter and directer of Republican Jewish Coalition

#7 tidonald

tidonald

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Congrats to my grandson!

Congrads. My son grad 2007 with special ed diploma it counts for nothing if you want a good job you have to have a GED. our daughter grad 2010 with special ed diploma it counts for nothing she can't get into collage thank GOD she has not given up... she tried taken some GED classes they didn't work out. So we have prayed and prayed and she has took the practice test in study books. she taken 3 of the five test already and has went way above the score she needed to more parts to go. We never liked paulding schools so thankful they are out of them. congradulation again may God Bless you contiunes..

#8 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,451 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

:yahoo:
congratulations!
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#9 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,391 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

Congratulations!! :)

#10 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

Congratulations!

So we have prayed and prayed and she has took the practice test in study books. she taken 3 of the five test already and has went way above the score she needed to more parts to go. We never liked paulding schools so thankful they are out of them. congradulation again may God Bless you contiunes..

That is great! Did you know that they have practice GED tests on the library website? If you click on Gallileo you can find them.

#11 mysterious

mysterious

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Congratulations........:drinks: :yahoo:

Two quick questions:
Why did PCHS try to stop you?

And, did he have trouble getting his license because he was working on the GED?
ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD.

#12 ericschief

ericschief

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Congratulations........:drinks: :yahoo:

Two quick questions:
Why did PCHS try to stop you?

And, did he have trouble getting his license because he was working on the GED?

Not gonna got thru the history of special education in public schools except to say - these kids are blamed for all the failures. In the last 10-12 years (even on Pcom) it has been said that the special ed kids were the reason that the schools failed. Remember Nebo failed CRCT for years and was because of special ed students? Well, if these kids have the right - "individualized" plan they can succeed. They are square pegs and they don't fit into round holes and the public school system only wants round pegs.

He had a learners permit, he went to drivers education to meet Joshua's Law and was on his way to getting driving license last year this time until the admin at the school decided to do their thing,''

Yes, the GED program helped him in getting his license. Progress is measured and completion meets requirements for acquiring your license, if all other requirements have been met.

We used West GA Tech Adult Education program - the 9 week program. Very reasonable cost and they will work with the student - not their egos - and because the fellow students are older and more patient, the classroom was very tolerable. Also, there is an element of independence - the student attends the class and feels "adult", and away from the bullying that exists in other education groups in the public sector.

#13 mysterious

mysterious

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Not gonna got thru the history of special education in public schools except to say - these kids are blamed for all the failures. In the last 10-12 years (even on Pcom) it has been said that the special ed kids were the reason that the schools failed. Remember Nebo failed CRCT for years and was because of special ed students? Well, if these kids have the right - "individualized" plan they can succeed. They are square pegs and they don't fit into round holes and the public school system only wants round pegs.

He had a learners permit, he went to drivers education to meet Joshua's Law and was on his way to getting driving license last year this time until the admin at the school decided to do their thing,''

Yes, the GED program helped him in getting his license. Progress is measured and completion meets requirements for acquiring your license, if all other requirements have been met.

We used West GA Tech Adult Education program - the 9 week program. Very reasonable cost and they will work with the student - not their egos - and because the fellow students are older and more patient, the classroom was very tolerable. Also, there is an element of independence - the student attends the class and feels "adult", and away from the bullying that exists in other education groups in the public sector.

That is awesome.
I am glad that he got the help that he needed and accomplished his goal.:blush:
ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD.

#14 fire911

fire911

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

I wish Paulding was a little more helpful.I have a friend who has ADHD and was getting nowhere.He finally dropped out of high school.He wants to get his GED and was told that adult education should offer him "accomidations".The one in Paulding said they don't offer that.Their attitude is "if he's not learning it's because he is lazy".I think I will tell him about West Georgia.Sounds like they care more about people.

#15 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,769 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

:clapping:
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#16 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,151 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Congrads. My son grad 2007 with special ed diploma it counts for nothing if you want a good job you have to have a GED. our daughter grad 2010 with special ed diploma it counts for nothing she can't get into collage thank GOD she has not given up... she tried taken some GED classes they didn't work out. So we have prayed and prayed and she has took the practice test in study books. she taken 3 of the five test already and has went way above the score she needed to more parts to go. We never liked paulding schools so thankful they are out of them. congradulation again may God Bless you contiunes..

you keep fighting for your kids!!!! i'm looking forward to reading their success stories, just like the one the OP shared.

Congrats to my grandson!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

#17 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,436 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Ericschief:

I got your PM with the good news but didn't see this public topic until now.

I really am so proud of your grandson, the graduate. I think it is super that he will be able to drive as well. That he was able to focus on the variety of subjects needed to get the GED shows real growth.

I also figure that he's going to do well as we go forward.

I'll answer your PM shortly as well.

pubby

#18 dumbestgirlintheworld

dumbestgirlintheworld

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,893 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Great news! Congrats!

#19 GGinGA

GGinGA

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we might be looking in to the GED at West GA as well. My son graduated with a "transitional" (special ed) diploma in May. He passed all regualr ed classes in high school and all of the graduation tests except for MATH. He has failed the damned thing 6 times now. He does not want to get a GED because he earned a regular ed diploma from HHS. Also, he doesn't want to have to essentially re-take the graduation tests he already passed just to pass the math portion. I'm through with him trying for the test and am encouraging the GED. He is about to bust because West GA Tech starts the 13th and he wants to go there for culinary arts but can't because he does not have a diploma. He really needs to look in to this. Thanks for the info. And again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

If stress burned calories, I'd be a supermodel.

The Water Giver: "Motherhood is about raising and celebrating the child you have, not the child you thought you'd have. It's about understanding he's exactly the person he's supposed to be. And if you're lucky, he might be the teacher who turns you into the person you're supposed to be."

#20 ericschief

ericschief

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

I wish Paulding was a little more helpful.I have a friend who has ADHD and was getting nowhere.He finally dropped out of high school.He wants to get his GED and was told that adult education should offer him "accomidations".The one in Paulding said they don't offer that.Their attitude is "if he's not learning it's because he is lazy".I think I will tell him about West Georgia.Sounds like they care more about people.

If you have an IEP, W. GA Tech will use it for testing accommodations only. The child will still need to go to the classes - 9 wks of classes - 4 half days a week. We found the staff working with us and helped with the waivers & accommodations as needed. It was wonderful to work with educators that actually get high goals & standards for the pupil but still recognized the need for assistance. It isn't expensive about $160 only when you take the actual GED. They won't let you take the test until you have met specific grades on the pre-tests - so it's not a paper mill, grab the money operation. There is an registration fee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics