Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
barrycdog

Crowsville

CROWSVILLE, Paulding County. A former post office which was in the general store established by Willis M. Crowe, and was located in the northeast corner of the county. Georgia Place Names by Kenneth K. Krakow

Are you talking about Crossroads, Grogan's store? The old road behind the store was the Crowsville community. It use to be a spooky place back in the day.

The last time I looked, the store was up for sale for $110,000.

Thanks for posting this. I have the obt. where my great-great grandmother died in 1924. It says she had a son that lived in Crowsville. I did not have clue where that was located. She is buried at Crossroads Church Cemetry.

• Like 1

Was that the "same" Grogan? Not exactly an upstanding citizen?

The Grogan, former sheriff was a scumbag. All the Grogans were related , but Jack Grogan and his wife Glynnis owned the store. Jack died in the cornfield of a heart attack where Starbucks stands. He was a nice gentle man.

Ahhhh Crowsville, home of the Cobb Snobs. :)

Hey, I happen to live in Crowsville, I happen to live in Bentwater, why would you make that remark? This is why I hardly ever read this message board anymore.

Also, I just wanted to say that I have heard the weather guys talk about the weather in Crowsville!

Oh, one more thing-has anyone here seen a person "call crows"? My husband can do just that! He will have every crow in the area circling above his head-so funny!!

Emily

I love Crowsville I spent a good bit of my childhood riding my bike down that road.

Some people can't help being snide it seems.

P.S. I can also call crows, funny huh?

Also, I just wanted to say that I have heard the weather guys talk about the weather in Crowsville!

Yes, however it is only mentioned when we are under threat of a severe storm.

I am curious about the name. I have a good friend named Robert Crowe and his family married into the Duck family. Isn't it neat to have Ducks and Crows in the same gaggle. I assume the name was from someone named Crowe. A lot of little towns popped up because it was easier to deliver mail by carrier. Mail would be delivered to the most prominent hose and the home owner served as the post master. As towns grew the county seat i.e. Dallas soon had their own post office.

Obituary 1 -- No Title

The Atlanta Constitution (1881-1945); May 7, 1911;

ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Atlanta Constitution (1868-1945)

Mrs. G.W. Grogan, Crowsville

Acworth, Ga May 6 (Special) Mrs. G.W. Grogan of Crowsville died Friday Evening at 10 o'clock. The interment took place at Crowsville Saturday evening. She is survived by her daughter and sons. Jack Grogan of Buford, William G. Grogan of Acworth and M.C. Grogan of Crowsville

W.G. Grogan was a Postmaster at Crowsville.

Edited by barrycdog

Are you talking about Crossroads, Grogan's store? The old road behind the store was the Crowsville community. It use to be a spooky place back in the day.

The last time I looked, the store was up for sale for $110,000.

I wish someone would buy & restore that old store. I always thought it was neat & now would make a good "old fashion candy" store.