• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mom01autison

mom01autison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

Since my 17y/o son with autism is quickly approaching his 18th birthday, i was in search of a regular Neurologist that would be good with a special needs kid. The one we tried, I am NOT happy with. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 nowens98

nowens98

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

Since my 17y/o son with autism is quickly approaching his 18th birthday, i was in search of a regular Neurologist that would be good with a special needs kid. The one we tried, I am NOT happy with. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My daughter sees Child Neurolgy Associates near CHOA in Atlanta. I am happy with them, but I am not sure if they will see him once he turns 18. I see Dr. Kukaswadia at Advanced Neurology on Dallas Highway in Dallas and am very pleased with him. He is very patient, has a great bedside manner, and is extremely thorough.

#3 kelwil

kelwil

if they are gossiping to you .. they are gossiping bout you ...

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,852 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

i go to marietta neurology .. in marietta .. down near kennestone ... pm for the number ...
Posted Image

#4 mom01autison

mom01autison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

My daughter sees Child Neurolgy Associates near CHOA in Atlanta. I am happy with them, but I am not sure if they will see him once he turns 18. I see Dr. Kukaswadia at Advanced Neurology on Dallas Highway in Dallas and am very pleased with him. He is very patient, has a great bedside manner, and is extremely thorough.

Thank you. I will call them... My son went to Child Neurology from the time he was 16mo. When all of the neurologist started leaving to start their own practices, I decided I better start looking.

i go to marietta neurology .. in marietta .. down near kennestone ... pm for the number ...

Will do... Thanks!

#5 orrby

orrby

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

I go to Dr Glass at Harbon Clinic Neurosciences in Rome. They are great. I have learned that it is just as close to go to Redmond Hospital as it for me to go to Marietta. So, we have slowly been moving all our Dr.'s to Rome. Redmond Hospital is so nice.

Anyway, We love Dr. Glass.

For pediatrics my daughter see Dr. Silverbaord. He will see kids until they are 21.

Edited by orrby, 01 August 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#6 mom01autison

mom01autison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

I go to Dr Glass at Harbon Clinic Neurosciences in Rome. They are great. I have learned that it is just as close to go to Redmond Hospital as it for me to go to Marietta. So, we have slowly been moving all our Dr.'s to Rome. Redmond Hospital is so nice.

Anyway, We love Dr. Glass.

For pediatrics my daughter see Dr. Silverbaord. He will see kids until they are 21.

Thank you!

#7 rosewitha

rosewitha

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Dr. Zdonczyk with Douglas neurology and he has a Hiram location on bill carruth parkway. My special needs son sees him and he is great with him I have never had a doctor spend so much time with him and really go out of his way to help. I would recommend him to anyone. Pm me if you want the phone number. Glad to talk to another parent of our wonderful children.

#8 Sellersgirl1012

Sellersgirl1012

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Dr. Zdonczyk with Douglas neurology and he has a Hiram location on bill carruth parkway. My special needs son sees him and he is great with him I have never had a doctor spend so much time with him and really go out of his way to help. I would recommend him to anyone. Pm me if you want the phone number. Glad to talk to another parent of our wonderful children.

I worked for him for 5 years. He is a wonderful doctor!

#9 Zippity Doo Dah

Zippity Doo Dah

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

I would recommend any and all of the doctors at Georgia Kidney Associates except Dr. Himot. He is a great doctor (as they all are) but is lacking the bedside manner department.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics