Paulding.com

RE-ELECT

SAM CLARK

PAULDING COUNTY CORONER

Sam has served as Paulding County’s Coroner since 1992 and is a lifelong resident of Paulding County. With 48 years of experience serving families in the funeral industry and 38 years in the EMS field.

DEPUTY CORONERS

Barbara Bellino Newsome: EMT, Registered Nurse, serving in the medical field for 24 years.

Karen Horner Robinson: Paramedic, serving in the medical and EMS field for 12 years.

Dennis Tibbits: 10 years of service in the medical and funeral industry.

Sam you got my vote already. The times I have dealt with you were not easy times but you were always outstanding, patient, and professional. I left feeling that I mattered and my loved one mattered as well. I've also seen you do some amazingly generous things for families in the community during times of unexpected loss. I just wanted to thank you again for being such a kind individual.

I'll never forget the instance when my dear Great Grandmother was to be cremated. She had on some earrings and someone from your staff (or maybe even you?) noticed them, removed them, and placed them in an envelope for us. I think that speaks volumes right there. We had no idea about the earrings. I hope we don't even need to use you for anything but if we did I know we'd be in good hands.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RE-ELECT   SAM CLARK   PAULDING COUNTY CORONER         Sam has served as Paulding County’s Coroner since 1992 and is a lifelong resident of Paulding County. With 48 years of ex

There is a general perception that there is a conflict of interest between Sam Clark serving as Paulding County Coroner and with Clark's Ambulance Service being the primary provider of emergency ambul

Still tacky in my opinion.

Posted Images

Yes some employees left. I know a lot of them stayed, probably because they like working close to home, etc.

WORKING CLOSE TO HOME? Who works for free because they don't have a long commute? do you? would you? MORE LIKE DEDICATION TO YOUR JOB AND THE CITIZENS OF THE COUNTY THEN A COMMUTE ISSUE! BEING A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTY I COULDN'T BE MORE APPRECIATIVE OF THE DEDICATION THAT SHOWS FROM THE AMBULANCE CREW THAT ONE DAY I MAY NEED OR YOU MAY NEED YOURSELF!!!!

• Like 2

Maybe somebody should come on here and tell us the facts and the truth.

My vote has already been cast ^_^

And as far as the Braddock thing goes, I don't even see how you can compare Clark & Braddock. I don't know if anything about what was said about Clark is true of not but Braddock represents this county to the state. Clark doesn't. I don't want someone who doesn't pay their fair share representing me on a state level.

WORKING CLOSE TO HOME? Who works for free because they don't have a long commute? do you? would you? MORE LIKE DEDICATION TO YOUR JOB AND THE CITIZENS OF THE COUNTY THEN A COMMUTE ISSUE! BEING A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTY I COULDN'T BE MORE APPRECIATIVE OF THE DEDICATION THAT SHOWS FROM THE AMBULANCE CREW THAT ONE DAY I MAY NEED OR YOU MAY NEED YOURSELF!!!!

If Sam started this post, where is he? Why don't he answer some questions, or did he start it to see what would be said.

They would not hear the truth!! And just for your information I don't work for Jeff Eberhart!! I do support him though!! :rolleyes:

I didn't say you worked for Jeff. I was just pointing it out that I would not be working for him. I am retired after working for 55 years., not for Jeff. Lets make it clear, but if I did I would count it as a honor to work for him. I

If Sam started this post, where is he? Why don't he answer some questions, or did he start it to see what would be said.

If I had as many questions as some folks on here,I would be looking for Sam Clark so I could ask him the facts not posting on PAULDING.COM and waiting on his response. I've learned a little lesson in life..IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT A PERSON OR FOR A PERSON IT USUALLY WORKS OUT BETTER IF YOU GO TO THAT PERSON NOT USE THIRD PARTY INFORMATION..just saying!

• Like 2

They would not hear the truth!! And just for your information I don't work for Jeff Eberhart!! I do support him though!! :rolleyes:

In my opinion, you have really hurt Jeff's campaign here.

Knowing Jeff all of my life, I cannot say that he would agree to what is going on here--at all. Shaking head. :nea:

I didn't say you worked for Jeff. I was just pointing it out that I would not be working for him. I am retired after working for 55 years., not for Jeff. Lets make it clear, but if I did I would count it as a honor to work for him. I

That was not pointed at you sorry!! It was pointed at Oh No Its Me or who ever that is that posted about me working for and supporting Jeff!! And while I am posting again I didn't lump Sam with Paulette only you can lump him with Carruth or whomever else has tax liens and issues!! I don't care if you are running for dog catcher if you can't run your own business, I sure don't want you running an elected office!! It don't matter if it is National, State or Local level it is all the same with me!!

• Like 1

If I had as many questions as some folks on here,I would be looking for Sam Clark so I could ask him the facts not posting on PAULDING.COM and waiting on his response. I've learned a little lesson in life..IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT A PERSON OR FOR A PERSON IT USUALLY WORKS OUT BETTER IF YOU GO TO THAT PERSON NOT USE THIRD PARTY INFORMATION..just saying!

Why did Sam start this post? Just to see what people would say. I don't take this second hand information, I know what I am talking about. I have had my questions answered a long time ago,

Sam Clark gets my vote. He is who we dealt with during my brother and his girlfriends death. Very professional, compassionate, and never once made us feel like he did this for the pay check. It was all about us and how he could help put us at ease.

Sam Clark gets my vote. He is who we dealt with during my brother and his girlfriends death. Very professional, compassionate, and never once made us feel like he did this for the pay check. It was all about us and how he could help put us at ease.

But aren't all funeral directors that way, I know all of that we have in Paulding are. That is their job.

• Like 1

But aren't all funeral directors that way, I know all of that we have in Paulding are. That is their job.

He is the only one I've dealt with in family matters, but I have heard horror stories from friends and coworkers about less than compassionate treatment from their funeral directors.

Sam rocks, he supported many low cost funerals and accepted what we raised then payments for the rest on some heart breaking cases. He allowed a mother of small kids to die in peace knowing the burden of her own funeral was no longer on her. I also want to add that many Pcommers and Pubby allowing us to raise that money also contributed to allowing this family some relief in a very hard time as they did with so many other worthy causes.

• Like 2

Absolutely not, the majority of the bodies go straight to the funeral home that the family has pre arranged or the family arranges at the time of death. The coroners office in no way assist or iunfluences the decision as to what funeral home a family decides to use. There are instances that the body goes straight to the GBI for autopsy and a few that have a need to be held until a family can be notified or a funeral home of the families choice can arrive to pick up the deceased.

I can attest to that. When my brother passed 5 years ago, Sam was there and in no way, shape or form did he even once try to convince us to use Clark Funeral Home. He never even mentioned the name. He asked where we would like my brother transported to and we decided a funeral home in Austell. Sam nodded in agreement and made the statement that we had made a fine choice. Very professional. End of story.

My questions are in this post because I openly admit that I have questioned the conflict between the coroner's office, the funeral home and the ambulance service. If I get the opportunity to meet Mr. Clark in person, I will ask him these things, but since "he" or someone on his behalf started this thread, I thought this would give him an opportunity to answer my questions in the same forum. I still question the perception of a conflict, but I am hopeful that I will get a response to my other questions.

I have already voted for Sam for several reasons.

Sam has served our family as ambulance service provider, coroner and funeral director. Most recently after an illness when death was expected and once after an 11pm unexpected call where I was notified of death. Both times Sam was caring, loving and compassionate to our family.

I have personally witnessed several funerals where I know families were financial raveged after long term illnesses and Sam's funeral home served those families with the same high degree of care. Those funerals were staffed with full services equal to all services provided by Sam.

Many people don't realize this 4 year recession / depression has effected ambulance services and funeral homes just like all other sectors of the economy have been effected. I honor Sam for hanging on. I sitting here thinking about close friends who have lost everything in the last 4 years. I'm sure each one who has folded wished they would have had tighter controls in place to manage their cash flow. I'm sure each one would say 4 years ago money was flowing fast enough that they really were doing OK and 4 years ago they were in a much better position to write off services in order to help those in need. Just off the top of my head I can think of personal friends who have folded car lots, plumbing company's, electrical company's, home builders, real estate agents, developers and even a port-a-John company. I'm sure there are others.

Personally I am glad Sam's funeral home and ambulance service had not folded before the darkest days our family ever faced.

• Like 3

I was in an accident 2 years ago. Sam Clark and one of his employees were behind me. They got out to help and were very kind. I needed an ambulance but Sam made sure I knew who he was and that I really wanted the ambulance and there was no pressure. I have heard rumors of this and that but my experience has been that he is kind and ethical. So I am going on my experience. And he has my vote.

• Like 2

My questions are in this post because I openly admit that I have questioned the conflict between the coroner's office, the funeral home and the ambulance service. If I get the opportunity to meet Mr. Clark in person, I will ask him these things, but since "he" or someone on his behalf started this thread, I thought this would give him an opportunity to answer my questions in the same forum. I still question the perception of a conflict, but I am hopeful that I will get a response to my other questions.

LisaC,

You are asking a valid question , I will attempt to answer the question for you. If Sam were to use the ambulance service to suggest the use of his funeral home when needed or use the corners office to do the same this would definitely be a conflict of interest. I can guarantee you this does not happen and by the overwhelming responses we have seen in this thread there is further proof that these positions are treated with the respect they deserve by Sam and all his staff. As for being a conflict of interest for one to help get or retain the other this also just not true. As stated earlier the coroner is elected by the citizens so this position is determined solely by how the citizens vote. The ambulance service does have the emergency contract for Paulding County and has had it for 20+ years. This is an awarded contract and the service has to stay within numerous state guidelines to retain the contract. Several sevices have requested the contract or part of it but so long as Clark's provides a standard of care that meets or exceeds state requirements there is no need to add additional ambulance services to the contract. The state looks at nothing but these guidelines and being the county coroner nor owning a funeral home means anything toward keeping this contract. The conflict is truly as your post states it's a "perception" due to the fact Sam Clark does what he does for The citizens of Paulding County yes he does make money "not nearly what most think" but he would also do it for free and has many many times.

Today, yes today around 2:20 PM...it was interesting in downtown Dallas...now with that said let me offer some comments on previous threads. Mr. Clark, owns ambulance service, and funeral home...conflict of interest. I thought I would keep going but my point is in this general area. Some have been right hateful, and I understand, there is just so much money that he is making, that somene else wants it. So, the others get together and want to run against him, which is OK here in the US..

Now, you have been waiting on what happened at 2:20pm...Dallas Police stopped everyone at the red light downtown, to waive and stop traffic for funeral precession. Which I always stop anyway...the hearse from Eberhart comes through the light, and the 2nd vehicle behind is a pick up truck with political signs...Vote for Jeff Eberhart for Coroner.

Ok, with respect to the deceased, my point being, what is the difference. Mr. Clark, owns a funeral home and so does Mr. Eberhart. Mr. Eberhart can do what he wants in his processions but I might have changed this one today, not to include political signs preceeded by my hearse. I am sure that someone will come up with some remark, that hey this is OK...trust me I was shocked. This Tues it will be over, and yep, we will wait another four years.

Today, yes today around 2:20 PM...it was interesting in downtown Dallas...now with that said let me offer some comments on previous threads. Mr. Clark, owns ambulance service, and funeral home...conflict of interest. I thought I would keep going but my point is in this general area. Some have been right hateful, and I understand, there is just so much money that he is making, that somene else wants it. So, the others get together and want to run against him, which is OK here in the US..

Now, you have been waiting on what happened at 2:20pm...Dallas Police stopped everyone at the red light downtown, to waive and stop traffic for funeral precession. Which I always stop anyway...the hearse from Eberhart comes through the light, and the 2nd vehicle behind is a pick up truck with political signs...Vote for Jeff Eberhart for Coroner.

Ok, with respect to the deceased, my point being, what is the difference. Mr. Clark, owns a funeral home and so does Mr. Eberhart. Mr. Eberhart can do what he wants in his processions but I might have changed this one today, not to include political signs preceeded by my hearse. I am sure that someone will come up with some remark, that hey this is OK...trust me I was shocked. This Tues it will be over, and yep, we will wait another four years.

[

Please let me explain this to you. I check, because I could not believe it.

This was the truck of the gentleman that had past away. It was his father. They have supported Jeff all along , so he chose not to take the signs off his truck. It was a funeral

possession to a grave side service. I guess it was his right to keep them on if he wanted to do it. Me I think I would have taken them off, but Jeff did not have anything to do with it. Thank you for posting this, so it could be straightened out.

Are you kidding me?

Ok I guess since Sam is so kind and caring, he wouldn't have asked him to take it off either. Just saying, if the shoe fit wear it.

I can only guess that Sam would have enough class to at least ask.

from what i read in above post this was not Jeff's choice it was the choice of the son whose father was being buried. the son said leave it on.. is that what i read?

Posted by BMR: Please let me explain this to you. I check, because I could not believe it.

This was the truck of the gentleman that had past away. It was his father. They have supported Jeff all along , so he chose not to take the signs off his truck. It was a funeral

possession to a grave side service. I guess it was his right to keep them on if he wanted to do it. Me I think I would have taken them off, but Jeff did not have anything to do with it. Thank you for posting this, so it could be straightened out.

from what i read in above post this was not Jeff's choice it was the choice of the son whose father was being buried. the son said leave it on.. is that what i read?

Posted by BMR: Please let me explain this to you. I check, because I could not believe it.

No Jeff did not have anything to do with this, it was the fathers son that kept the signs on his truck. I see where Jeff did nothing tacky or wrong, do you?

No Jeff did not have anything to do with this, it was the fathers son that kept the signs on his truck. I see where Jeff did nothing tacky or wrong, do you?

Did not say Jeff did anything tacky or wrong.Said the whole sitution was tacky.I also said it was my opinion and it probably did not count for much.But it's my opinion.

You know I have seen a lot of the same ones that are supporting Sam for this race in other threads screaming over Paulette and others that owe back taxes and such! What makes Sam not paying his employees taxes and not able to keep his business out of trouble so different than anyone else? Seems to me double standard if you are going to scream over others not to beable to run for a office over back taxes and stuff why not him? His employees went days and weeks without paychecks because of mishandling of money and business. But that is ok because it is Sam....right!! I think before you start screaming over ones mishandling of business you need to think about who else is running for an office and doing the same thing that you are going to brag about supporting!! I will not support anyone who can not pay their taxes or run their own business' to run any office that is elected and has to deal with my money!!!

I think some on here need to recheck their thinking process!! Either it is wrong for all or none you choose!!

Noahsdad, I am just giving my opinion,Are you one of Sam's employees? The only ones that can truly have a opinion on here about Sam's issue was the employee's that did not get a paycheck. That is between him and the employee's. Now Paulettes debt includes all of us because we are tax payers and she would be representing us ( the district), I hope Sam will get his own household in order and look at this as a blessing and do right by his employees and business. Paulette needs to pay her debt to the goverment. Anytime I have owed taxes I have to pay them, she can too.