Paulding.com

RE-ELECT

SAM CLARK

PAULDING COUNTY CORONER

Sam has served as Paulding County’s Coroner since 1992 and is a lifelong resident of Paulding County. With 48 years of experience serving families in the funeral industry and 38 years in the EMS field.

DEPUTY CORONERS

Barbara Bellino Newsome: EMT, Registered Nurse, serving in the medical field for 24 years.

Karen Horner Robinson: Paramedic, serving in the medical and EMS field for 12 years.

Dennis Tibbits: 10 years of service in the medical and funeral industry.

post-45956-0-86550500-1343244803_thumb.jpg

• Like 6
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RE-ELECT   SAM CLARK   PAULDING COUNTY CORONER         Sam has served as Paulding County’s Coroner since 1992 and is a lifelong resident of Paulding County. With 48 years of ex

There is a general perception that there is a conflict of interest between Sam Clark serving as Paulding County Coroner and with Clark's Ambulance Service being the primary provider of emergency ambul

Still tacky in my opinion.

Posted Images

There is a general perception that there is a conflict of interest between Sam Clark serving as Paulding County Coroner and with Clark's Ambulance Service being the primary provider of emergency ambulance service in the county. Did your role as County Coroner have anything to do with your getting the ambulance service contract? How do you keep those roles with the county separate?

• Like 5

There is a general perception that there is a conflict of interest between Sam Clark serving as Paulding County Coroner and with Clark's Ambulance Service being the primary provider of emergency ambulance service in the county. Did your role as County Coroner have anything to do with your getting the ambulance service contract? How do you keep those roles with the county separate?

The position of Paulding County Coroner is elected by the citizens of Paulding County, the Emergency Services contract is awared by the State of Georgia. Clark Ambulance was in business and had Paulding Counties Emergency Services contract several years before Sam Clark was elected coroner. One is totally seperate from the other.

• Like 1

The position of Paulding County Coroner is elected by the citizens of Paulding County, the Emergency Services contract is awared by the State of Georgia. Clark Ambulance was in business and had Paulding Counties Emergency Services contract several years before Sam Clark was elected coroner. One is totally seperate from the other.

But you work all three of them together, when you pick up a body and it goes straight to the funeral home. Conflict of interest, don't you think.

• Like 1

But you work all three of them together, when you pick up a body and it goes straight to the funeral home. Conflict of interest, don't you think.

Absolutely not, the majority of the bodies go straight to the funeral home that the family has pre arranged or the family arranges at the time of death. The coroners office in no way assist or iunfluences the decision as to what funeral home a family decides to use. There are instances that the body goes straight to the GBI for autopsy and a few that have a need to be held until a family can be notified or a funeral home of the families choice can arrive to pick up the deceased.

The family decides which funeral home is used. I dealt with the death of a family member at home that the Coroners Office worked. We were asked who we wanted to use which ended up not being Clarks, there were no suggestions or pressuring of any kind.

You know I have seen a lot of the same ones that are supporting Sam for this race in other threads screaming over Paulette and others that owe back taxes and such! What makes Sam not paying his employees taxes and not able to keep his business out of trouble so different than anyone else? Seems to me double standard if you are going to scream over others not to beable to run for a office over back taxes and stuff why not him? His employees went days and weeks without paychecks because of mishandling of money and business. But that is ok because it is Sam....right!! I think before you start screaming over ones mishandling of business you need to think about who else is running for an office and doing the same thing that you are going to brag about supporting!! I will not support anyone who can not pay their taxes or run their own business' to run any office that is elected and has to deal with my money!!!

I think some on here need to recheck their thinking process!! Either it is wrong for all or none you choose!!

• Like 1

You know I have seen a lot of the same ones that are supporting Sam for this race in other threads screaming over Paulette and others that owe back taxes and such! What makes Sam not paying his employees taxes and not able to keep his business out of trouble so different than anyone else? Seems to me double standard if you are going to scream over others not to beable to run for a office over back taxes and stuff why not him? His employees went days and weeks without paychecks because of mishandling of money and business. But that is ok because it is Sam....right!! I think before you start screaming over ones mishandling of business you need to think about who else is running for an office and doing the same thing that you are going to brag about supporting!! I will not support anyone who can not pay their taxes or run their own business' to run any office that is elected and has to deal with my money!!!

I think some on here need to recheck their thinking process!! Either it is wrong for all or none you choose!!

Thank you for your post, it has helped me to decide to vote for Sam Clark. You may now blame me for allowing Sam to deal with your 7 cents that he gets from you.

You may want to RECHECK where ever you got your information....don't use Snopes.... :wacko:

You may want to RECHECK where ever you got your information....don't use Snopes.... :wacko:

Which part needs to be checked? Are you saying none of what was posted is true ? Do you mean that the workers never were missing paychecks? That he never had problems running his company ?

How many times can one person get paid for one dead body?

This post makes me laugh, it shows a lack of understanding and the need only to try and cause controversy. Why does it matter if the same person or company handles the dead body multiple times? Everything being done is in accordance with the laws and regulations that guide in each situation, more importantly the families of and the deceased are give the highest level of respect and comfort available to them during such a difficult time.

Which part needs to be checked? Are you saying none of what was posted is true ? Do you mean that the workers never were missing paychecks? That he never had problems running his company ?

Old ground covered...you can go and research as to why those things may have happened....I'm not, got pasture to cut.....Adios !! :drinks:

Old ground covered...you can go and research as to why those things may have happened....I'm not, got pasture to cut.....Adios !! :drinks:

Good answer...avoid it.You are the one who implied none of the posters post was true.

• Like 2

This post makes me laugh, it shows a lack of understanding and the need only to try and cause controversy. Why does it matter if the same person or company handles the dead body multiple times? Everything being done is in accordance with the laws and regulations that guide in each situation, more importantly the families of and the deceased are give the highest level of respect and comfort available to them during such a difficult time.

Laugh all you want. I understand completely . Lots of people laugh to cover embarrassment and to try and make light of an embarrassing situation .

Well I guess that is why Sam is upset with David Austin that he did not get his Million Dollars because he won't turn over his tax records and show where he has paid his back taxes!! You folks on here are to funny you scream over one candidate not paying taxes and not running a business correctly but then you defend another to the hills!! I don't get it, what makes him so much different from the others? I can understand Mr. Carruth's situation because of the down turn in the economy in the building industry. But this one I just cant understand it....or maybe I do it's called not knowing how to run a business 101. You can't spend more than you make!! Simple and yes when you decide to run for a office all of your business dealings are open and makes me ask questions. Then I see the same ones in this forum supporting this candidate who is no better than the other candidates who those same people are bashing in another thread and writing the Secretary of States office over!! Don't make sense to me!! Maybe some folks on here need to check their information....

Which I find it funny this is the first election Sam has actually set up a page on Paulding.com for his campaign, he has never before even got on here and asked for your support!! Good Job Hope!!!

• Like 1

Noahsdad.... you are not helping your bid to be the next deputy coroner. We all know what your dog in this fight is. YOU will be a Deputy Coroner if Jeff is elected.

I have used Sam in 2 different situations. Once was a death of a family member at home. The other was an auto accident. NEVER was I pressured into using CFH. I'm actually glad to know that everything was handled via the same man. Made it a lot smoother.

• Like 1

Why was he not paying his employees. Some of his employees were not doing their jobs. Like filing insurance. He finally had to get an outside co, to do his paper work. Nothing wrong with that if it gets the job done. Also you might ask him why he has not given the county an audit of his ambulance business, so he might get more money. Something

is wrong if he is in as bad a shape as he makes out, and he won't do this so he can get the money.

And no I am not going to get a job out of this, just a concerned tax payer that has lived here my entire life.

• Like 1

Thank you for responding! I'm just trying to clear up the misperceptions that I have about the two being a conflict of interest.

Is the emergency services contract ever renewed or put out for re-bidding? It's just always seemed odd to me that an official (even one elected by the voted) would also hold a big services contract in the same county. I'm not accusing you of anything - it just seems like it would be a conflict.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Well I guess that is why Sam is upset with David Austin that he did not get his Million Dollars because he won't turn over his tax records and show where he has paid his back taxes!! You folks on here are to funny you scream over one candidate not paying taxes and not running a business correctly but then you defend another to the hills!! I don't get it, what makes him so much different from the others? I can understand Mr. Carruth's situation because of the down turn in the economy in the building industry. But this one I just cant understand it....or maybe I do it's called not knowing how to run a business 101. You can't spend more than you make!! Simple and yes when you decide to run for a office all of your business dealings are open and makes me ask questions. Then I see the same ones in this forum supporting this candidate who is no better than the other candidates who those same people are bashing in another thread and writing the Secretary of States office over!! Don't make sense to me!! Maybe some folks on here need to check their information....

Which I find it funny this is the first election Sam has actually set up a page on Paulding.com for his campaign, he has never before even got on here and asked for your support!! Good Job Hope!!!

yes, GOOD JOB HOPE !! As always you are looking out for other people! By the way, did any of the other candidates take care of any of their websites, facebook pages themselves.......hhhmmmm!!!!

Why was he not paying his employees. Some of his employees were not doing their jobs. Like filing insurance. He finally had to get an outside co, to do his paper work. Nothing wrong with that if it gets the job done. Also you might ask him why he has not given the county an audit of his ambulance business, so he might get more money. Something

is wrong if he is in as bad a shape as he makes out, and he won't do this so he can get the money.

And no I am not going to get a job out of this, just a concerned tax payer that has lived here my entire life.

If you had the facts straight, there was a time that paychecks were delayed, BUT what does it say about Sam Clark and his management staff that not ONE employee left and all employees still worked even after checks were delayed. How many companies can you say that about?? NOT many !!!

If you had the facts straight, there was a time that paychecks were delayed, BUT what does it say about Sam Clark and his management staff that not ONE employee left and all employees still worked even after checks were delayed. How many companies can you say that about?? NOT many !!!

Now days it does not say much with jobs so hard to find.

First if you think for one minute that anyone is going to get rich being a deputy coroner please think again!! It is not about a job with anyone as deputy coroner, I could careless!!! See here is the deal so you folks who know so much can know why I would not vote for this man. I worked for Sam in 1999 for three weeks and never got a pay check from him, so I quit!! In 2003 Sam and I agreed I would come back to work for him and also serve as one of his Deputy Coroners, I worked for him for about three months I did get paid from the Funeral home but never got paid for transporting the coroner's calls for him. After never getting paid what I was told I would I choose to leave his funeral home again, when I went to get my check from him it was shorted. I confronted him about it and he shrugged me off. The difference in 1999 and 2003 was I now had a family to support, so I simply let him have it. At this time Sam was begging the county for money for the ambulance company and I knew this so I told him either you pay me for all that you owe me for now or I will go straight to the commissioners office and get this settled! I got my check that day and left to never look back again! I gave him a second chance to do what was right and he still tried to mess me over.

Sam is a caring person who will rub your back and cry with you! But business wise he is aweful sorry that is just the truth! I believe that if you are going to get on a public forum and bash one candidate for something you need to evaluate them all!! Is it a fair thing to bash one candidate on here for not paying their taxes and get everyone on here to send letters to the Secretary of States office but another that is just as bad we overlook? I really don't have a dog in this fight if I had wanted it I would have ran myself, I am just pointing out that some folks on here who rant and rave over ones misdeed then turns around and praises another for the same thing!! I don't get it but then again this is Paulding.com.

Second I was praising Hope for finally getting Sam on here, for last several elections cycles people have wanted to hear from him and never did. I think the world of Hope and Sharon they are top notch! I would not say anything againest them!! I am just glad she finally got this on here.

I am simply asking that if you are going to set a standard on here, set it for all candidates!! Don't pick and choose!!

Edited by noahsdad
  • Like 1

Now days it does not say much with jobs so hard to find.

NOT really, there are jobs out there, and it does say alot about Sam that people still worked and worked hard. Most companies that I have worked for would not get the same amount of dedication! To me that says a lot about how his employees feel about him, they trusted him that the situation would be worked out, and they stayed to support him and the county and the people that needed an ambulance.

NOT really, there are jobs out there, and it does say alot about Sam that people still worked and worked hard. Most companies that I have worked for would not get the same amount of dedication! To me that says a lot about how his employees feel about him, they trusted him that the situation would be worked out, and they stayed to support him and the county and the people that needed an ambulance.

Yes some employees left. I know a lot of them stayed, probably because they like working close to home, etc.

Well said Georgia Tornado. Noahsdad is definately not helping the Jeff Eberhart campaign with all the negativity.

I have to agree actually. It completely turns me off when there is so much negativity against one candidate from someone who works with and so openly supports the candidate running against the other.

I have to agree actually. It completely turns me off when there is so much negativity against one candidate from someone who works with and so openly supports the candidate running against the other.

Maybe somebody should come on here and tell us the facts and the truth.