31 replies to this topic

#1 InLA

InLA

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

After the initial disgust of finding out a toddler had ingested cocaine I reread the story to find out the grandmother is 34. I'll be 33 next month. I can't imagine being a grandmother at 33.

My link

#2 SusieQ404

SusieQ404

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

I can't imagine being a grandmother at 33 either. I would hope that she was a step-grandmother.

#3 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

I said the same thing last night. My Mom was 17 when I was born... I waited until I was in my 30's to have kids.

#4 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,306 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

After the initial disgust of finding out a toddler had ingested cocaine I reread the story to find out the grandmother is 34. I'll be 33 next month. I can't imagine being a grandmother at 33.

My link

The daughter, who says she was in the shower when it happened, is 17.

Her mother could have been 16 when she had her.

16 + 16 = 32 for the grandmother.............the grandchild could have a child at 16 which would make her a great grandmother at 48........so on and so on.

#5 All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

Don't make me stamp you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,192 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

The daughter, who says she was in the shower when it happened, is 17.

Her mother could have been 16 when she had her.

16 + 16 = 32 for the grandmother.............the grandchild could have a child at 16 which would make her a great grandmother at 48........so on and so on.

Wow, yer goot at math and figurin' skills... :p

#6 Johnny Jacobs

Johnny Jacobs

A Good Old Boy

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,598 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

I know a family that the Great grandmother had her first at 17. The grandmother had her first at 17. The mother had her first at 17. The daughter had her first at 17. The granddaughter had her first at 21.
The comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
---George Eliot

If I have earned your trust, then I am responsible for keeping that trust intact.
---JohnnyJ

#7 GGinGA

GGinGA

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

I used to work with a girl who was 32 and a grandmother of 2. She had her first baby at 13. She told me "there aren't but two things to do in Alabama - f&*$ing and fighting and I don't fight". :pardon:
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

If stress burned calories, I'd be a supermodel.

The Water Giver: "Motherhood is about raising and celebrating the child you have, not the child you thought you'd have. It's about understanding he's exactly the person he's supposed to be. And if you're lucky, he might be the teacher who turns you into the person you're supposed to be."

#8 RhondaW

RhondaW

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

I had a friend who was married at 15, she had her first grandchild at 33 as I recall.
Very young.
I'll be 46 in October, and my daughter was born 12 days before my 20th birthday~ I thought that was young ;).
I do have an almost 5 year old grandson from my 27 year old stepdaughter...grandbabies are mighty awesome :wub:.
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.  ~~~~~  "A room without a book, is like a body without a soul"  ~Cicero ~~~~~~ I dream of  a world...where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.<br />"Life is short. Don't be an asshole"~Jenilyn

#9 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Technically yes, at 35 I am old enough to be a grandma. My daughter is 14, but she is way too well supervised and smart for such a thing.
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#10 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

I know a family that the Great grandmother had her first at 17. The grandmother had her first at 17. The mother had her first at 17. The daughter had her first at 17. The granddaughter had her first at 21.

A late bloomer huh?
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#11 peachesga

peachesga

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

My link

I can't imagine being a Mother at 33!

#12 InLA

InLA

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

I waited until I was 31, not by choice, but it probably turned out better that way, at least for me and my kids.

#13 All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

Don't make me stamp you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,192 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Did you mean Grandmother? Because LOTS or women are moms by the time they are 33.... :unsure:

#14 TNlamb

TNlamb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Technically yes, at 35 I am old enough to be a grandma. My daughter is 14, but she is way too well supervised and smart for such a thing.

I had a couple of kids (about 15 yo) do it in my pool one time with me and 2 other adults sitting on the patio! And other kids all around! I didn't find out until one of the kid's mom called me a week later, we were so shocked!
Edit I forgot to put this: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Edited by TNlamb, 24 July 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#15 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

My mom was 34 1/2 when my oldest nephew was born. One of my sisters has a stepdaughter who was a grandmother (yes, biological grandmother) at 32 or 33. She got married really young, like 16 and then her daughter had a baby at a similar age.

My link

In loving memory of Mason (December 1, 2001 to December 9, 2001) and Ashley  Jr. (December 1, 2001 to December 2, 2001

n7C4m5.png

Indsm6.png

#16 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Don't be so sure about that. My sister in law probably has a genius level IQ and she got married at 15 even though she was "too smart" to do such a thing. Thank goodness, she didn't have a kid! By that husband.

In loving memory of Mason (December 1, 2001 to December 9, 2001) and Ashley  Jr. (December 1, 2001 to December 2, 2001

n7C4m5.png

Indsm6.png

#17 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

Don't be so sure about that. My sister in law probably has a genius level IQ and she got married at 15 even though she was "too smart" to do such a thing. Thank goodness, she didn't have a kid! By that husband.

I'm 100% positive. Of course that could change, I'm not naive. As of now, she would rather listen to music, draw and read than hang out with any boy. I'm hoping it stays that way for a while.

and when I say smart, I don't mean she's a genius. I mean she has a really good head on her shoulders. You would have to meet my child to understand, she's like a 55 year old in a 14 year olds body. She is oddly mature for her age. It's surprising, considering I am her mother. :pardon:

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#18 RhondaW

RhondaW

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm 100% positive. Of course that could change, I'm not naive. As of now, she would rather listen to music, draw and read than hang out with any boy. I'm hoping it stays that way for a while.

and when I say smart, I don't mean she's a genius. I mean she has a really good head on her shoulders. You would have to meet my child to understand, she's like a 55 year old in a 14 year olds body. She is oddly mature for her age. It's surprising, considering I am her mother. :pardon:

I dig it. Britaini is an old soul too, she is definitely the mature one of the two of us :p. she has always been a little old lady, lol.
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.  ~~~~~  "A room without a book, is like a body without a soul"  ~Cicero ~~~~~~ I dream of  a world...where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.<br />"Life is short. Don't be an asshole"~Jenilyn

#19 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

I dig it. Britaini is an old soul too, she is definitely the mature one of the two of us :p. she has always been a little old lady, lol.

Add it to the list of our things in common! :)
  • RhondaW likes this

#20 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,865 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

YOU are a wonderful mother!

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#21 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

YOU are a wonderful mother!

awww, Thanks Blondie. I do my best.

Your check is in the mail. ;)

#22 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,865 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

awww, Thanks Blondie. I do my best.

Your check is in the mail. ;)

:rofl:

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#23 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

My granddaughter Starr is an "old soul", too. My daughter swears Starr is the reincarnation of her other grandmother, Becky. We all just wish her grandmother Becky had lived to meet her and her little sister.

• RhondaW likes this

n7C4m5.png

Indsm6.png

#24 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,312 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

For a contrast.

It looks like I'll have my first grandchild this October ... when I'm 62.

Long generations are kind of a family tradition. Both of my grandfathers died in the mid 1930's. My great grandfather fought in the Civil War. My great, great grandfather married in 1796 in North Carolina and came to Cherokee County Georgia in the 1820s. His father-in-law, one of my great, great, great, grandfathers was born on Long Island, New York in the 1750s and fought in the Revolutionary War.

pubby

#25 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,306 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Congratulations, Pubby!

#26 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Congrats to Pubby and family, grandkids are a lot of joy and happiness.
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment."
"The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself."

#27 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hey, you didn't tell me about that!!! Congratulations. October is a good month to be born, don't you think?? ;)

Oh, lord, you had great, great grandparents in North Carolina? Me, too.

For a contrast.

It looks like I'll have my first grandchild this October ... when I'm 62.

Long generations are kind of a family tradition. Both of my grandfathers died in the mid 1930's. My great grandfather fought in the Civil War. My great, great grandfather married in 1796 in North Carolina and came to Cherokee County Georgia in the 1820s. His father-in-law, one of my great, great, great, grandfathers was born on Long Island, New York in the 1750s and fought in the Revolutionary War.

pubby

n7C4m5.png

Indsm6.png

#28 2013HOG

2013HOG

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Posted Image
  • InLA likes this
Love defenseless animals,especially in a good gravy.

Ted Kennedys car has killed more people than my gun.
(The above statement does not include any service issued weapons)

#29 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,306 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

Wow, yer goot at math and figurin' skills... :p

YO MISTY, bite me

:rofl:

#30 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,312 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for the congrats. I really didn't do anything :)

pubby

#31 stradial

stradial

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

pubby

Huh...That's exactly what my wife said to me the other night.

Edited by stradial, 24 July 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#32 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

You did help create the mama-to-be. :good:

pubby

n7C4m5.png

Indsm6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics