• South Paulding
    • West Paulding
    • East Paulding
    • In a neighboring county
    • In GA, but not in the areas listed above
    • Outside the state of Georgia.

Guest Inspector Callahan

I live in Savannah.

i've lived in paulding for 11 years. I still have no clue where Roses store is. :pardon:

trust me, it ain't worth the gas to drive out there :pardon: :rofl:

GO Raiders!!:yahoo:

only 42 days! :yahoo:

sho aint! :nea:

Oh, ok... so that's East Paulding. Live in that area too.

Nobody likes a smartass. Well, I do, but nobody else does. :p I was being polite, in case kwood didn't already know.

Grew up in Hiram off Poole Road, which is now Morningside, live in Union about 3 minutes from Roses store now. Do not have family in Paulding, neither does this hubby. Ex hubby is related to the Bagby's of Dallas, so he has much, much family from Paulding. Loved Hiram growing up,a s someone else mentioned I remember one light in Hiram, the pawn shop(my friends parents owned at the time The Leggetts) in hiram. Hubby works for the Thomason's, for over 20 years, so we know all them and their "kin" LOL.

But yep no family for me to speak of here even though i grew up here my whole life. Go to Knoxville, Tn (Pigeon Forge area) a totally different story :)

I needed an option for North-East Paulding. I live on Due-West Road in New Hope which is more the Northeast Corner.

Are you saying your iPhone isn't able to override the poll and create the location?? Holy Crap!

Raised in Smryna. (most old timers there know or knew my family)

Live off N.Davis and off Poole Bridge.

Wife is from Bolder, CO. (yep she's a liberal)

Same here! On both counts. Most people around, even some Pcommers, know the house I grew up in because they passed it every day. Or still pass it.

Raised in Smryna. (most old timers there know or knew my family)

How do you like the Valdosta area? I'm looking at putting a camper at the RV park off I75 and Suwanee DR. Don't know anything about the area.

Really?! I love it here. Valdosta has everything I need(pretty much)but minus the horrible traffic. I love the community feel and involvement here, too. Its a great place to live and beaches are less that 45 mins away.

BTW, I may know the people that run that park. They are friends of mine from Cobb Co who moved here last year.

only 42 days! :yahoo:

Till the big show down August 17,2012

Till the big show down August 17,2012

Nope, that's the Jamboree game. Only 41 days till first season game at North. Somebody is gonna get spanked!! :yahoo:

I lived in Hiram for 12 years 2 years ago I moved to Liverpool England. But still love me some Paulding.com

With ya on the move to England. I lived in Paulding for 10 yrs (Cobb for several yrs before that and Atlanta before that for couple years). Moved to Plymouth England Feb 9, 2010, then moved up close to London England in Sept 2011. I loved living in Paulding, had the best of the best of friends in Paulding, but I also love living in England. Just wish I had all my Paulding friends still near me now.

• Like 1

We live within walking distance from the High Shoals waterfall. Though it's a haul to get anywhere it seems, we do like how quiet and scenic it is up here.

mrnn

Me too. :ninja: I wonder if we are in the same neighborhood? It is quiet and scenic here, and we LOVE it. I have a family of turkeys that live begins me, and every morning the are in my frot yard. There are 14 of them.

Ok, what is roses store and where would I find it?

Roses Store is a store at the southwest corner of the intersection of Hwy 101 and Hwy 120 (Buchanan Hwy).

Lived for 50+ years in the New Georgia and Burnt Hickory areas; moved to Alabama on lake after retirement. Still have lots of family in Paulding area.

Lived in Dallas Off of Scoggins for 8 plus years... now in Yorkville.. Yorkville is temporary while hubby is in School for Nursing.. I miss living close to places! lol.. But it is pretty peaceful.. At lease it was till I heard about the home invasions close by! :(

Edited by jenja1

Me too. :ninja: I wonder if we are in the same neighborhood? It is quiet and scenic here, and we LOVE it. I have a family of turkeys that live begins me, and every morning the are in my frot yard. There are 14 of them.

We're in the nameless subdivision...the one where the builder was too cheap to put some letters up on the brick entrance. I believe it's proper name is "High Shoals", or atleast that's what our paperwork said when we bought. They really went out on a limb with that name. Your turkey family sounds pretty funny....the joys of living in BFE!

mrnn

South Paulding is a great community, especially the New Georgia, area. I would love to move back, but my wife was afraid of the neighbors. I, on the other hand, didn't mind getting threatened. I stood up, and talked back, which is lacking where I live now.

I am glad the Right-Wing Tavern is gone from Woodstock, though! drinks.gif

Nobody likes a smartass. Well, I do, but nobody else does. :p I was being polite, in case kwood didn't already know.

I wasn't being one this time, I really didn't know where I live is considered.

I moved here from New York too, I lived there for 8 years. I could barely understand some people when I moved here. And a while back I had asked someone if they could tell me where and address was. His answer was something like this:

"Well gotta go by where (some store) is, then you turn left by over in front of (someone's name) house. I don't know if ya know 'im but he goes by Little (something), me and him's been good friends since the 5th grade. Then you go past the post office there, and then you'll see where they sell dogs up past the post office. My mama owns that, if you'n go past the one by (something) then ya gone too far and you's gotta turn around and head back where you shoulda turned left. But once you get past my mama's place then you head til you get to the next turn and turn there."

I was blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif "Umm.... ok, thanks..."

I wasn't being one this time, I really didn't know where I live is considered.

I moved here from New York too, I lived there for 8 years. I could barely understand some people when I moved here. And a while back I had asked someone if they could tell me where and address was. His answer was something like this:

"Well gotta go by where (some store) is, then you turn left by over in front of (someone's name) house. I don't know if ya know 'im but he goes by Little (something), me and him's been good friends since the 5th grade. Then you go past the post office there, and then you'll see where they sell dogs up past the post office. My mama owns that, if you'n go past the one by (something) then ya gone too far and you's gotta turn around and head back where you shoulda turned left. But once you get past my mama's place then you head til you get to the next turn and turn there."

I was blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif "Umm.... ok, thanks..."

That's just a trick we pull on you Yankees.

Sorta like when we tell them; "you get on I-285 and go till it dead ends and make a left".

Before some get all upset, the above is just a joke.

My wife is from CO and on a rare occasion we will talk with someone and after she will ask "what did they say?" and I can't figure out why she couldn't understand them, it was very clear to me what they said. I then have to translate. :)

We live in historic Hiram now.

I've been out here in Paulding Co since May of 1992 ...lived in the S. Pauldling area then. Over the last 20 years out here, I've lived just off Hiram Suide and just down from PCHS, and now here. Out of all of them, I like where we are now the best...quiet, convenient to town when I need it, and great police protection just down the road :).

Oh, I'm in the Hornet's Nest....right here at the elementary school and within a few miles (as the crow flies) from Hiram High. smile.gif

Raised in Paulding and still live in Paulding...To add, Love Paulding and the people and would

probably not live anywhere else :wub: :wub:

I really never thought I would either.

We're in the nameless subdivision...the one where the builder was too cheap to put some letters up on the brick entrance. I believe it's proper name is "High Shoals", or atleast that's what our paperwork said when we bought. They really went out on a limb with that name. Your turkey family sounds pretty funny....the joys of living in BFE!

mrnn

I'm just past you, on the right if headed toward The falls. We love it so much up here.

I live on John Walraven Road, just off of Old Cartersville Highway. We are in the Dallas Malitia District. We moved here June of 1956 from Cartersville. My ancestors have owned this property or the adjoining properties since 1832.

i live in new hope too. i have been here since i was 2 years old. which means next month i will have been here 59 years. congrats on the new grandbaby. we went to high school together mr. johnny jacobs.:rolleyes:

i live in new hope too. i have been here since i was 2 years old. which means next month i will have been here 59 years. congrats on the new grandbaby. we went to high school together mr. johnny jacobs.:rolleyes:

Then you are 61 and went to school with my brother, Michael. Glad to see some of the old folks are still around.

Then you are 61 and went to school with my brother, Michael. Glad to see some of the old folks are still around.

you are correct. but we are not really old are we?

I am in Southern MD because my DH is stationed here in MD with the Navy...But I still own a house in Paulding. I was back in ATL last Saturday.

i live in Western Paulding County on US 278 next to Poole Elementry.

I graduated from Dallas High School. My Great Great Grandfather moved

to Yorkville around 1830. my mother was from Germany.