yo! ×
Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Eddie Bennett

Lynn Gete, A Georgia Woman, Forces Son To Kill Hamster

Do you remember the Patty Hearst kidnapping, Butterflylion, where she helped her captors rob a bank?

Well, it was in the mid 1970 that I realized I was right about my raising. I had been in denial, even though I was doing things totally different from the way I was raised, already. I doubted my on actions. It took almost a lifetime to totally realize I was much like Patty Hearst. I had to do a lot of work to get away from my childhood brain washing. I still have to study, every day, and I don't just read the Bible.

FBI — Patty Hearst Kidnapping

Yes, I can remember Patty Hearst being in the news. She's often mentioned in reference to Stockholm Syndrome.

If it's not too personal to ask, did anything special have to do with you getting away from denial?

Yes, I can remember Patty Hearst being in the news. She's often mentioned in reference to Stockholm Syndrome.

If it's not too personal to ask, did anything special have to do with you getting away from denial?

Self help books, Butterflylion!

I had nobody to turn to for understanding. I took a Del Carnegie course, and also read many, many self help books. Friends, and family, would think I had gone crazy. They were so concerned about my mental health that they would talk to each other about me. Some of it would get back to me.

I was referred too, a few times, as a n***** lover, in the 1960's. It seemed that I was wrong, and they were right, but I kept on trying to break the status quo orientation in my mind.

You would not believe, Butterflylion, how hard it is to clear your head of brainwashing. :drinks:

Edited by The Postman