Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
MamaJess

Anything going on for the 4th of July?

Looking for something to take the kids to. Maybe it's a little too early to look?

I have seen no mention of anything going on in Paulding.

I doubt that we have anything this year and I refuse to fight the crowd in Powder Springs or the Marietta Square.

Here's to hoping that my rich neighbors make a trip to Alabama and give us a show like the one we had for New Years.

And Heavens NO....nobody in this area would ever break the law by setting off fireworks.8)

Has anyone ever been to Panola Mountain State Park on July 4th? They have an annual night hike to the top of the mountain that I can't decide if I am interested in or not. From the top of the mountain, you are supposed to be able to see fireworks from all over the area. However, I don't think Conyers is having any this year so that leaves Stone Mountain as the closest display to Panola. I assume that you can also see some of the displays from Atlanta and maybe Decatur. But, I am on the fence and can't decide if it would be worth the trip down to Stockbridge. If you can't really see much, then I'll be disappointed.

Has anyone ever been to Panola Mountain State Park on July 4th? They have an annual night hike to the top of the mountain that I can't decide if I am interested in or not. From the top of the mountain, you are supposed to be able to see fireworks from all over the area. However, I don't think Conyers is having any this year so that leaves Stone Mountain as the closest display to Panola. I assume that you can also see some of the displays from Atlanta and maybe Decatur. But, I am on the fence and can't decide if it would be worth the trip down to Stockbridge. If you can't really see much, then I'll be disappointed.

Great question.

I know that this is strange but 2 years ago my dad was in Kennestone Hospital on the 4th.

We drove to the top of the parking deck and were able to see about 10 displays going at once, it was nice.

I can stand on my back deck and see the fireworks in Hiram.

I don't know who is doing anything, all the cities and counties are out of money.

We did awesome one in my hood last year with neighbors. We went to AL and spent way too much money. The kids all had a blast though and it was worth it.

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

I just checked with the Chamber and with the City of Hiram.

Paulding County proper has nothing listed and the City of Hiram is still undecided.

Maybe if we call Hiram and express interest something will take place.

Edited by mysterious

Jul 3rd, 2012 (Tue) 6:00 PM (YES, JULY THE 3RD, EVERY YEAR)

7th Annual Fireworks Display (scroll down the page to July 3rd) But, they do have something interesting going on quite a bit through the Summer. We will probably be going to some of the events, ourselves.

6:00pm until Fireworks end!

Villa Rica Civic Center & Sports Complex

Music, inflatables slides, hot air balloon tethered rides, food and more! Oh and the FIREWORKS! Bring your chairs and blankets and enjoy an evening of great family fun!

More information 770-459-7011 or www.villaricaparks.com

Click Here for the Flyer

My link

You can take a picnic & tailgate in the parking lot of Arbor Place mall (Bed, Bath & Beyond end) and watch the fireworks :good:

Hubby is talking about hoping a plane to Toronto for a few days. If I can find a sitter for the boys, we may just go.

You can take a picnic & tailgate in the parking lot of Arbor Place mall (Bed, Bath & Beyond end) and watch the fireworks :good:

We got rained out last year on the 4th but, we were there in Villa Rica on the 3rd with NO RAIN!!!

7th Annual Fireworks Display (scroll down the page to July 3rd) But, they do have something interesting going on quite a bit through the Summer. We will probably be going to some of the events, ourselves.

Music, inflatables slides, hot air balloon tethered rides, food and more! Oh and the FIREWORKS! Bring your chairs and blankets and enjoy an evening of great family fun!

Click Here for the Flyer

My link

Saw a sign at the school across the street that offered fireworks parking for $3.00...that's in my price range!

This sounds like a ton of fun!

Saw a sign at the school across the street that offered fireworks parking for $3.00...that's in my price range!

This sounds like a ton of fun!

Yes, a couple of yrs ago we were there and it was Bay Springs Middle School, (I believe) and they had the doors open so people could use the restrooms. :yahoo: Get there early though, for a good spot.. A bucket of chicken and lce cold cokes would be good for a picnic!!

Click Here for the Flyer

My link

Ahh thank you! I found that a bit ago but wasn't sure if that was all that was going on. We went one year and it was pretty good. No complaints at all.

Marietta will be having a parade at 10:00, all kinds of arts/crafts and childrens' activities going on all day, too, fireworks at night. I hear Santa is going to be in the parade, too! ;)

Marietta will be having a parade at 10:00, all kinds of arts/crafts and childrens' activities going on all day, too, fireworks at night. I hear Santa is going to be in the parade, too! ;)

I hear stories of how crowded it is there but oh how my kids would love to see Santa!

Douglasville has a parade at 10:00 am on the 4th. Goes down Church Street. Then there's a festival at Hunter Park that starts at 11:00 am.

Hmm. I value my life. Think it'll be safe? Any mention of D'ville and I think back to all the mall robberies and that shooting. :wacko:

We have done Marietta Square a few times and its always been awesome. You may have to walk after you park but worth it.

Villa Rica was so paked the one year we went we got there a few hours early and still ended up parking in the tractor rental place and it took HOURS to get out. People parked all over the median and everywhere. The school would be good if you can get a spot.

I know that Douglasville has a parade on the 4 th! My little one Is Toddler miss Douglas County, and I'm Mrs Douglas County, so we can ride if we want :-) Not sure about fireworks after though!

We did The Square a few years ago we didn't go all the way down we parked rigt past Witlock people were tailgating it was fun! I wonder with it being on a Wed this year if anyone will be doing anything next weekend

I hear stories of how crowded it is there but oh how my kids would love to see Santa!

Hmm. I value my life. Think it'll be safe? Any mention of D'ville and I think back to all the mall robberies and that shooting. :wacko:

I wouldn't worry to much about robberies and shootings for several reasons.

1.Those kind of people don't generally show up at patriotic events.

2.Those criminals usually aren't awake at 10am.

3.There will probably be quite a few people there that are law abiding citizens w/ concealed weapons.

4.When you hold a gun sideways it makes it incredibly

hard to accurately aim it. :ninja:

Edited by CrabbyDaddy
  • Like 1

We have went to the Carrollton Parade for the last 4 or 5 yrs and it's always pretty good!!! I bought my grandchildren the little butterfly catchers to catch candy with, they work perfect!!!!! That way they don't have to get off of the sidewalk. If any candy is thrown on the ground in front of them, I'll get out there and pick it up. In the past Parades, they have thrown out Tshirts, hats, ice cold bottles of water, popsicles (sp?) and even certificates to McD's for a sm drink, sm ff, or an ice cream cone. It's really a good time and you don't have everyone trying to get out in the street, just to get ahead of the other people beside you. Like the folks in Paulding Co at the Christmas Parade. That just drives me nuts!!!! There are some very inconsiderate people at the Paulding Christmas Parade and we probably won't be going again. :pardon:

In the past Taylor Farm Park has had a fireworks show, usually the Saturday after July 4th. But since they didn't have one last year due to budget cuts, I would assume they will not be having one this year.

New Season Church in Hiram usually has a fireworks show the Sunday before July 4th, but I have not seen or heard anything about one this year. Anybody know any info on that?

Does anybody know if Ben Hill Strickland does a fireworks show?