Paulding.com

What have you done Mr.Austin?

I am being serious...not trying to be a butt.

His banner says that he will Build a Business Park and bring business in.

What type of Park, where, and do you already have prospects?

It seems to me that we have enough empty buildings to go around............we do not need to be building new ones.

I am being serious...not trying to be a butt.

His banner says that he will Build a Business Park and bring business in.

What type of Park, where, and do you already have prospects?

It seems to me that we have enough empty buildings to go around............we do not need to be building new ones.

Our current inventory of buildings are awful. They are old, small, outdated and in horrbile shape. Very few companies want them. Several new business parks are planned to address the demand being generated for companies wanting to come to Paulding and a major announcment is expected in a few weeks for a project that will locate in the county's newest park. You won't believe what Paulding is capable of achieving with good industrial sites, strong leadership and people busting their butts to make Paulding the best it can be.

Our current inventory of buildings are awful. They are old, small, outdated and in horrbile shape. Very few companies want them. Several new business parks are planned to address the demand being generated for companies wanting to come to Paulding and a major announcment is expected in a few weeks for a project that will locate in the county's newest park. You won't believe what Paulding is capable of achieving with good industrial sites, strong leadership and people busting their butts to make Paulding the best it can be.

Can you expand on the above?

A year or more ago I heard about an envelope company coming to town, they even had the building picked out. I have heard nothing more about it.

The envelope company is on Cleburne Parkway and doing well. I think Paulding.com covered that.

Thanks, I missed that.

Does somebody have a link?

I really am glad that something new has brought jobs to the County.

That building instantly had a LOT of unused space. It seems that the smarter move would have been to build the main building with extra space and have enough land to build onto the existing building or a new structure. It's not like Paulding Co was poised for some big explosion needing double the staff.... OR they could easily do like Cobb is doing and refurbish ugly arse shopping centers and re purposing them. Lot's of options were available rather than building it so big....

there's very little that happens in that palace that couldn't be accomplished in a trailer. We could have bought some for pennies on the dollar from FEMA in New Orleans.

A lot of these questions could have been answered by attending tonight's debate. ;)

And, I completely agree with those who state the new Courthouse was definitely needed. Some of you have NO idea the conditions county employees were working in and how unsafe it was for the average citizen with the way they were transporting prisoners for trial.

• Like 1

You are correct, but I never said anything in regards to Mr. Austin, I knew it was Jerry Shearin's creation so I am confused if there was a question.... :unsure: I was stating that the courthouse was WAY overbuilt but apparently Nitro disagrees. That's ok, we all know I'm right and he's not so we can let him think what he wants.... :D

In the past with every school that has been built I have read how dumb it is to build a building that is immediately full or over crowded. We all said.... Build for the future not for right now. The county has combined a lot of its offices their which has actually made IT better for us. No more figuring out where to For this and that.

A lot of these questions could have been answered by attending tonight's debate. ;)

And, I completely agree with those who state the new Courthouse was definitely needed. Some of you have NO idea the conditions county employees were working in and how unsafe it was for the average citizen with the way they were transporting prisoners for trial.

I thought the debate was Melissa Morrison and the other two that were running for 19 rep. Did all three show up?

Did Austin and Crowe debate also?

On top of that when he took office 3 projects were on the books, a fire station and library along with a park were in progress, over a million dollars had been spent on plans before the foundations were poured.

He took these back to the drawing board, had them rebuilt and saved the county tax payers millions while continuing meet the obligations.

He blew the dust off of the reservoir project had the studies completed and is actively trying to fund it.

He has actively researched the infrastructure needs of manufacturing companies, light industrial, and warehouse, to bring companies here that pay good wages to offset the housing failure and put people back to work.

Contrary to popular belief there is a profitable company at the airport helping to pay back that debt, with another company on the way.

We took out a bond for the movie studio because the state was offering incredible incentives to production companies here in the state, we knew that companies were very interested in this area, they were already making movies here, we could immediately take advantage of the opportunity with almost zero infrastructure investment. The studio is currently under contract.

We have covered every one of these things in the news. We already have businesses that are here for the movie studio, we already have businesses that are here for the airport.

Looks like a lot of hard work to make lemonade to me.

On top of everything he could have taken the easy way out of many problems by raising our taxes and blaming the previous administration and the economy. He made some very tough decisions and if you think for one minute he enjoyed letting people go and giving furloughs your just wrong.

I am all for someone else doing it better, but I have yet to meet them.

Mr. Austin faced a lot of problems when he took office, he tackled each one admirably and Paulding County is much better for it. He wasn't in office when a lot of this was brought forward, but he faced them head on and made improvements in all areas. He deserves to stay on as our County Commissioner

:good:

Here are my observations and this is NOTHING to do against Mr. Austin, I do not know him.

In the last few years this is what our county has:

More Crime

Fewer Jobs

A sidewalk to nowhere

A pretty water fountain that is not needed

A New Courthouse that is not even halfway used

Dirtier Streets

NO New Businesses

I am not saying this is Mr.Austins fault, BUT since you state that YOU have made positive change in OUR County...please tell me what the change has been.

a Movie studio Warehouse, is anyone employed there?

That building instantly had a LOT of unused space. It seems that the smarter move would have been to build the main building with extra space and have enough land to build onto the existing building or a new structure. It's not like Paulding Co was poised for some big explosion needing double the staff.... OR they could easily do like Cobb is doing and refurbish ugly arse shopping centers and re purposing them. Lot's of options were available rather than building it so big....

again, if a morgue is needed put it in the courthouse.the space is there.

In the past with every school that has been built I have read how dumb it is to build a building that is immediately full or over crowded. We all said.... Build for the future not for right now. The county has combined a lot of its offices their which has actually made IT better for us. No more figuring out where to For this and that.

Dang you take huge leaps in your responses.... And in response to your statement I NEVER said that building for growth is good, but the courthouse is WAY more than we need and IF they had built it with the level of quality finishings they put into the schools I suspect the cost of building would have dropped like a rock. And who the heck cares if you have to drive two miles or walk across the street to handle another matter, get over it. If your contention is it needed to be bigger, I'll give you that, but grand is an ego thing, not a need thing.... Hopefully you can understand the difference!

I do.. i understand and I thought it was a little overkill.. i know that Jerry saddled David Austin with this payment and had his fingers in the final price of the project somehow as well. I think that David has done pretty good with the Poop Storm he was handed. Things were done crooked as they ever were in the prior admin. I am not a fan of all the board members by any means as i think they are pompous and a little too big for their britches myself but I have found that David Austin has been easy to reach and has made time for us small guys often.

I do.. i understand and I thought it was a little overkill.. i know that Jerry saddled David Austin with this payment and had his fingers in the final price of the project somehow as well. I think that David has done pretty good with the Poop Storm he was handed. Things were done crooked as they ever were in the prior admin. I am not a fan of all the board members by any means as i think they are pompous and a little too big for their britches myself but I have found that David Austin has been easy to reach and has made time for us small guys often.

Again, I have nothing against the man but he has made some claims as to what he has done and what he will do but has not given us any real information.

PLEASE have him come on here and address this topic, thank you.

all the lovely traffic (congestion) look at 278 on friday. the court house is a

joke now they need a red light beside it, i go that way on the way home all the cars

that leave from there will just about run over you plus the ones that go straight across.

(congestion). i remember when paulding co was a nice quite county.( not anymore)

all the lovely traffic (congestion) look at 278 on friday. the court house is a

joke now they need a red light beside it, i go that way on the way home all the cars

that leave from there will just about run over you plus the ones that go straight across.

(congestion). i remember when paulding co was a nice quite county.( not anymore)

Thats a state highway, Georgia DOT. He is a county commissioner. And people leaving from work is Austin's fault....find something else to complain about.

Thats a state highway, Georgia DOT. He is a county commissioner. And people leaving from work is Austin's fault....find something else to complain about.

WTH is it with all you people saying "It Ain't Austin's Fault!" when the post says absolutely nothing about it?!?!? I get defending him but maybe you should wait until someone ACTUALLY blames him for sumpin... Ya think? :wacko:

WTH is it with all you people saying "It Ain't Austin's Fault!" when the post says absolutely nothing about it?!?!? I get defending him but maybe you should wait until someone ACTUALLY blames him for sumpin... Ya think? :wacko:

Thank you.....I am glad that you understood the topic.

MY topic was not blaming him for anything. I am simply asking him to expand on his banner that says what a positive change he has brought to the county.

So far, neither him nor a spokesperson for him has answered the question.

I cannot make it to the debates so I would like to get an answer to the question.

Thanks LR.

I actually followed that topic but sadly it ended up being a fight between Pubby and Members.

Austins Daughter did post and run. You would think that a spokesperson would answer the questions.

I am beginning to think that we will not get the answers that we are looking for and that is going to weigh heavy on my vote....just saying.

On the general topic of what Mr. Austin has done, I just posted this one which is the full skivvy on the MG International expansion which will mean 30 new jobs.

http://paulding.com/...__fromsearch__1

pubby

Thanks, I will check that out now.

Pubby, can you get him to do an interview on here or at least respond to the questions.

I know one thing David Austin and the County Manager has done for Paulding County- They have used the county credit card for lots of charges that has nothing to do with county business. These records are open to the public all you have to do is ask for them. i am be asking everyone to please get these records and look over them closely.

PUBBY....

The new video that you have posted has answered many of my questions.

I do believe that this topic has ran it's course and we can close it now.

Thank you for the video.