Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
extrablue

volunteer help

I would like to offer volunteer help - driving, light cleaning inside or out, prepare meals, or any tasks an elderly person or couple may just need help with. I have the time and the heart - in honor of elderly parents and missed grandparents!

• Like 4

I would like to offer volunteer help - driving, light cleaning inside or out, prepare meals, or any tasks an elderly person or couple may just need help with. I have the time and the heart - in honor of elderly parents and missed grandparents!

You just made my day....how very sweet of you.:wub:

That is very sweet and considerate of you to offer your asistance. You don't find people like you as much now, as in the past. :yahoo:

Another paying it forward, feel good story!!

Twice a month I go up to Shannon Ga to visit the great aunt of a dear friend who has moved from the area.

I take her groceries, change her bedding, now her lawn, and spend about an hour visiting with her.

Although she's no relation to me, I love her like a grandmother and cherish my Sundays with her.

I sincerely hope that the OP can find someone to not only volunteer for, but grow to love as well. :wub:

CAYA Ministries in Dallas, supported by several churches and christian groups, may have names of people in need of that type of help. I don't have a phone number but I can msg you a link if you're interested. They've been making and delivering lunches to needy children and have come across some older people who need some help.

Helping Hands in Dallas and/or the Senior Citizen Center may also know of some folks.