Jump to content
Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Melissa Morrison District 19

Melissa Morrison for State House District 19

Recommended Posts

So in your world being willing to work makes illegal immigration okay? :nea:

 

 

 

I was responding to your comment "If we can control this 78%, I (feelip) wouldn't be all concerned with the other 22%."

 

To answer your question, those wanting a better life, willing to work and willing to do so without welfare, food stamps, and every other govt handout, are upon what this country was founded. I would encourage as many as we can welcome to enter legally and then I would demand our federal government either do it's JOB and enforce the guarding of our borders or get out of the way and allow the border states to do so. Instead the feds act like hypocrites turning a blind eye to the wide open border and then blaming everyone but themselves for the problem. If the powers that be were serious about getting rid of illegal Hispanics, they would fine the people who hire them. They would also do a much better job at closing the borders.

 

As to illegals taking all the jobs.....how many of your friends have jumped to work in the agriculture business? How about the manual labor jobs in construction? Oh, right....not enough pay. I had a friend paying $15/hr for construction work....no skills required. He hired five AMERICANS. They quit after the first FIVE HOURS. Said it was "too hard". Too many CITIZENS would rather sit at home and collect unemployment. Our demise will be our lazy, entitled selves and our enemies destroying us from within. We have far greater enemies than the Mexicans my friend. Feelip, I'm not addressing this for political reasons. I'm conservative, but I'm not going to follow the ultra party line.

 

I'm really sick of the party litmus test--for all parties. I'm looking for a statesman (or woman).

Share this post


Link to post

I was responding to your comment "If we can control this 78%, I (feelip) wouldn't be all concerned with the other 22%."

 

To answer your question, those wanting a better life, willing to work and willing to do so without welfare, food stamps, and every other govt handout, are upon what this country was founded. I would encourage as many as we can welcome to enter legally and then I would demand our federal government either do it's JOB and enforce the guarding of our borders or get out of the way and allow the border states to do so. Instead the feds act like hypocrites turning a blind eye to the wide open border and then blaming everyone but themselves for the problem. If the powers that be were serious about getting rid of illegal Hispanics, they would fine the people who hire them. They would also do a much better job at closing the borders.

 

As to illegals taking all the jobs.....how many of your friends have jumped to work in the agriculture business? How about the manual labor jobs in construction? Oh, right....not enough pay. I had a friend paying $15/hr for construction work....no skills required. He hired five AMERICANS. They quit after the first FIVE HOURS. Said it was "too hard". Too many CITIZENS would rather sit at home and collect unemployment. Our demise will be our lazy, entitled selves and our enemies destroying us from within. We have far greater enemies than the Mexicans my friend. Feelip, I'm not addressing this for political reasons. I'm conservative, but I'm not going to follow the ultra party line.

 

I'm really sick of the party litmus test--for all parties. I'm looking for a statesman (or woman).

The folks you are describing are legal immigrants not illegal. You really do need to get some figures on just how much illegals cost the tax payers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The folks you are describing are legal immigrants not illegal. You really do need to get some figures on just how much illegals cost the tax payers.

Would you support a law that would fine/jail employers that hire illegal immigrants.

Lets face facts if they were not hired by employers then they would go back home

Share this post


Link to post

Would you support a law that would fine/jail employers that hire illegal immigrants.

Lets face facts if they were not hired by employers then they would go back home

That is true. Under Obama the laws are not going to be enforced when it comes to illegals. He wants open borders and I think that is clear so it is a moot point.

Share this post


Link to post

That is true. Under Obama the laws are not going to be enforced when it comes to illegals. He wants open borders and I think that is clear so it is a moot point.

Nice dodge :yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post

The folks you are describing are legal immigrants not illegal. You really do need to get some figures on just how much illegals cost the tax payers.

 

 

You really need to read the rest of the sentence.................the one that you bolded and enlarged the first part while ignoring the rest. I know the difference in legal/illegal. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Melissa is here. People have questions for her.

They ask. Instead of answers they get remarks from everyone *but* Melissa. Remarks accusing people of trolling for Paulette. Remarks about Paulette's voting record, her tax issues, etc. etc. this whole thread.

 

This thread is titled for Melissa Morrison. Not Paulette. And I don't live in district 19 so I have no say in this race. I just think this is silly. And, no, I'm not rooting for Paulette. No, I am not okay with her tax issues. I'm just making an observation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

You really need to read the rest of the sentence.................the one that you bolded and enlarged the first part while ignoring the rest. I know the difference in legal/illegal. ;)

 

I read it. I know the difference too. Illegals cost the tax payers a fortune and legal immigrants usually don't. No defense for them and no excuse for them is good enough. Obama is not going to enforce the laws concerning them so trying to make the employers pay is not going to happen. Not even sure at this point how many of the state laws can really be enforced.

Share this post


Link to post

I was responding to your comment "If we can control this 78%, I (feelip) wouldn't be all concerned with the other 22%."

 

To answer your question, those wanting a better life, willing to work and willing to do so without welfare, food stamps, and every other govt handout, are upon what this country was founded. I would encourage as many as we can welcome to enter legally and then I would demand our federal government either do it's JOB and enforce the guarding of our borders or get out of the way and allow the border states to do so. Instead the feds act like hypocrites turning a blind eye to the wide open border and then blaming everyone but themselves for the problem. If the powers that be were serious about getting rid of illegal Hispanics, they would fine the people who hire them. They would also do a much better job at closing the borders.

 

As to illegals taking all the jobs.....how many of your friends have jumped to work in the agriculture business? How about the manual labor jobs in construction? Oh, right....not enough pay. I had a friend paying $15/hr for construction work....no skills required. He hired five AMERICANS. They quit after the first FIVE HOURS. Said it was "too hard". Too many CITIZENS would rather sit at home and collect unemployment. Our demise will be our lazy, entitled selves and our enemies destroying us from within. We have far greater enemies than the Mexicans my friend. Feelip, I'm not addressing this for political reasons. I'm conservative, but I'm not going to follow the ultra party line.

 

I'm really sick of the party litmus test--for all parties. I'm looking for a statesman (or woman).

 

 

My point was that 78% of the illegal immigration problem could be controlled in two days. All it would take is our politicians passing laws that would put heavy fines on the employers that hire these people. Once we take care of the overwhelming 78%, the remaining 22% would be a piece of cake to deal with.

 

And while you seem to think "the Mexicans" are harmless, I beg to differ. Anyone that is taking 10 billion dollars out of our economy every year is far from harmless.

 

We do agree on the BS that the political parties are feeding us. I am as fed up with Paulette and Heath doing nothing as I am with Obama. We need to keep changing until we find one that can do the job. I think David Austin did what we paid him to do and that was keep the county operating within its means. He will get my vote again this time.

Share this post


Link to post

I read it. I know the difference too. Illegals cost the tax payers a fortune and legal immigrants usually don't. No defense for them and no excuse for them is good enough. Obama is not going to enforce the laws concerning them so trying to make the employers pay is not going to happen. Not even sure at this point how many of the state laws can really be enforced.

 

 

Do some research on the 1099 employee market. This is the Hispanic Slave Market. And I know at least one of the sub-contractors at the big project in Paulding uses these people. Can't say 100% for sure that they are on this job now, but I would be willing to bet they have been.

 

A good friend wrote an article about this. If I can find it I'll post it under a new thread and stop the hijacking of this one.

Share this post


Link to post

My point was that 78% of the illegal immigration problem could be controlled in two days. All it would take is our politicians passing laws that would put heavy fines on the employers that hire these people. Once we take care of the overwhelming 78%, the remaining 22% would be a piece of cake to deal with.

 

And while you seem to think "the Mexicans" are harmless, I beg to differ. Anyone that is taking 10 billion dollars out of our economy every year is far from harmless.

 

We do agree on the BS that the political parties are feeding us. I am as fed up with Paulette and Heath doing nothing as I am with Obama. We need to keep changing until we find one that can do the job. I think David Austin did what we paid him to do and that was keep the county operating within its means. He will get my vote again this time.

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

*****WOW whatever happened to staying on topic? This thread has turned into a joke. If you people want to keep the incumbent, great we will be keeping folks in power who have no common sense. I for one can't name one piece of legislation the incumbent has passed or sponsored that helped Paulding County...anybody can name one? at least one of significance??? anyone??? I am waiting??????

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

That is true. Under Obama the laws are not going to be enforced when it comes to illegals. He wants open borders and I think that is clear so it is a moot point.

 

 

And they weren't enforced under previous administrations, either, and I recall more than one incidence of The Shrub coming to the defense of illegal immigrants as well as his own push for amnesty...of course that died down somewhat when it became apparent it would be politically harmful to Republicans come election time, because IT'S ALL POLITICAL.

 

Why do people still try to believe otherwise?

 

I'm with feelip - the first and best place to start enforcement efforts is with those who employ those who are in the country illegally...until that happens, it's safe to say that nobody is serious about enforcing the law.

It's simply another case of government and ultimately the taxpayers bowing to what corporate America wants and which laws with which it wants to comply and which it doesn't.

Edited by rednekkhikkchikk

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please Accept To "ENTER" Have a "BLESSED Day!