Paulding.com

Melissa Morrison for State House District 19

And that is not the way it is being applied. It is why it is before the Supreme Court now.

PC links, please? :)

GA links?

ANY links?

You're such a trooper to supply those supporting links. Thanks!

Edited by TabbyCat
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took my kids to the Christmas parade in Dallas last year. A pickup truck full of white trash looking people were in the parade. I asked myself, "why is there a pickup truck full of trashy people a

And you know what, a lot of my colleagues will probably talk trash about me but I do a damned good job and my boss agrees... Jealousy can create some interesting responses. Just sayin....   Better

Hmmm. I grew up in West Texas with LOTS of Hispanic friends --probably a few of them illegally in the U.S. Most are hard working people. You know what? How about we trade? One amnesty for every w

PC links, please? :)

GA links?

ANY links?

You're such a trooper to supply those supporting links. Thanks!

Not that hard to locate. Let me help you.

My link

Here are the links about it before the Supreme Court now.

My link

Pertinent to GA.

My link

Finally, about the AL law.

My link

Edited by zoocrew

Wait a minute, here are her words:

So explain to me, under HB87, just what happens when a vehicle you are riding in is profiled, stopped, and everyone asked for their papers? Your driver’s license is NOT proof of citizenship or that you are here legally. Wrong. Under HB87 your driver's license is proof of legality

What do you do?

As written, LEOs can stop ANYONE and demand to see their papers.Wrong, must have probable cause If they do not have any proof of legally being in this country they can be taken to jail and detained until such time they can obtain proof of their citizenship. You would sit in jail until you were able to get someone to bring your passport to get you released. No passport or available birth certificate…then sit in jail. Wrong. Driver's license is proof under HB87

You really think that is constitutionally correct?

Take it a step further, and say your neighbor’s cousin is in the car with you, and it turns out the cousin is an illegal. Everyone in the car goes to jail, and can be charged and convicted of a felony with a 5 year sentence for harboring an illegal.Wrong! Must have 8 or more illegals in the car to be charged with this felony!

And government never exceeds their authority.

wait...

... seems most supreme court cases - at least those involving the government as a party - are based on the assertion that government or a government agent has exceeded its or his authority.

Indeed, the law of unintended consequences is almost always one of the outcomes.

pubby

This is the biggest bunch of bull hockey I have read in a long time.

I couldn't get halfway through the bill after I read the level bureaucracy it was going to add to the system, you know those people we adopt for life when we hire them.

There is nothing unconstitutional about requiring that the parents of any child provide proof of citizenship before getting social services, enrolling in school or getting a drivers license. Talk about closing the barn door after the fact. The majority of illegals are gone along with the rest of the jobs.

All I see is a bunch of venders to jails, and software rubbing their greedy little hands over this bill.

I smell lobbyist farts all over this bill, how can people be so damn naive?

This is not a smaller government bill for those that have issue with it.

I have not seen a car load of Hispanics in the last 6 months.

As far as I can tell their draining of social services was the issue, hello they are gone!

On top of that it becomes vengeful when you want to hurt children for what our own government allowed.

Lets jail the politicians that didn't enforce the law not the millions that our government turned a blind eye to.

There is no choice but to grant amnesty and to toughen the law from here on out.

• Like 2

I couldn't get halfway through the bill after I read the level bureaucracy it was going to add to the system, you know those people we adopt for life when we hire them.

There is nothing unconstitutional about requiring that the parents of any child provide proof of citizenship before getting social services, enrolling in school or getting a drivers license. Talk about closing the barn door after the fact. The majority of illegals are gone along with the rest of the jobs.

All I see is a bunch of venders to jails, and software rubbing their greedy little hands over this bill.

As far as I can tell their draining of social services was the issue, hello they are gone!

On top of that it becomes vengeful when you want to hurt children for what our own government allowed.

Lets jail the politicians that didn't enforce the law not the millions that our government turned a blind eye to.

There is no choice but to grant amnesty and to toughen the law from here on out.

And while we are at it, instead of being so punitive to the responders.........understand that until our federal government allows states to protect their borders and until EMPLOYERS (yes, all you builders who USED illegals so you could build your product for less), there will be illegals willing to come here. The worst of circumstances here is often better than the best in their own country. Start punishing the people paying the illegals and the problem will be solved.

• Like 1

I disagree LPPT. Last count there were over 450,000 illegals in Georgia. I have seen a number of carloads of Hispanics in the last month. Are they illegal? I have no way of knowing that. If they are illegal they should already have been sent home. HB-87 was patterned after Arizona's Law. The Supreme Court will be ruling on that one soon. Some of the GA Law has been put on hold but I expect it to move forward after the court ruling. I disagree strongly with Melissa on this issue as well as some others. They happen to be important issues for me when voting for a Representative.

I disagree LPPT. Last count there were over 450,000 illegals in Georgia. I have seen a number of carloads of Hispanics in the last month. Are they illegal? I have no way of knowing that. If they are illegal they should already have been sent home. HB-87 was patterned after Arizona's Law. The Supreme Court will be ruling on that one soon. Some of the GA Law has been put on hold but I expect it to move forward after the court ruling. I disagree strongly with Melissa on this issue as well as some others. They happen to be important issues for me when voting for a Representative.

I'm confused as to what part you would disagree with Ms Morrison since she plainly stated that illegals should be sent home. Her disagreement is in how the bill invites abuse of American citizens' Constitutional protections. Other than that, she is in agreement with the bill and what you've said.

My issue with it is responsibility if them being on the street or working in the kitchens of restaurants puts them under suspicion of illegal activity, being here illegally, why aren't people calling the cops?

If you see someone breaking in your neighbors house you are going to call, why not call when surrounded by hundreds of Mexican when you are surrounded by them in Walmart on Saturday?

We are adding layers of bureaucracy to solve this, I don't believe we need it. If we want them gone then we call the cops on them, no papers, back to Mexico you go.

Being illegal here no big deal nobody really cares, if they did they would be gone, run out by the thousands calling the cops to come arrest them.

My issue with it is responsibility if them being on the street or working in the kitchens of restaurants puts them under suspicion of illegal activity, being here illegally, why aren't people calling the cops?

If you see someone breaking in your neighbors house you are going to call, why not call when surrounded by hundreds of Mexican when you are surrounded by them in Walmart on Saturday?

We are adding layers of bureaucracy to solve this, I don't believe we need it. If we want them gone then we call the cops on them, no papers, back to Mexico you go.

Being illegal here no big deal nobody really cares, if they did they would be gone, run out by the thousands calling the cops to come arrest them.

HB-87 goes a long way in dealing with your position. That's why I support it and I am happy that Paulette supported it. I believe that allowing so many illegals to remain in Georgia with no check on it will change this state. Please have a look at this article.

http://www.washingto...f3BpV_blog.html

It is not just a matter of sinking the GOP it is a matter of changing our form of government. They come here for the very thing they are killing.

I'm confused as to what part you would disagree with Ms Morrison since she plainly stated that illegals should be sent home. Her disagreement is in how the bill invites abuse of American citizens' Constitutional protections. Other than that, she is in agreement with the bill and what you've said.

Supreme Court will be deciding if it is abuse or not. I think they will side with Georgia and Arizona. I don't think it is abuse as written. You may have a problem with the law and you clearly agree with Melissa. I don't!

HB-87 goes a long way in dealing with your position. That's why I support it and I am happy that Paulette supported it. If you do not bellieve that allowing so many illegals to remain in Georgia with no check on it then please have a look at this article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/the-eight-states-where-latinos-could-sink-the-gop/2012/06/19/gJQAZf3BpV_blog.html

It is not just a matter of sinking the GOP it is a matter of changing our form of government. They come here for the very thing they are killing.

My issue was not about candidates supporting it, as much as I saw bureaucracy and spending all over it, when the power to stop it has been in our hands from day one. It is not illegal for the public to profile them and ask that LE come check their credentials, it is a feel good look we are doing something.

If the American people really wanted them gone they would have already been gone.

I might be inclined to vote with someone that called a spade a spade, but that is not how it's done.

There is no choice but to vote for this bill, your constituents will claim that you don't want to do anything about immigration. Just tell your constituents to the police on every Hispanic you see. We already have the laws in place to take it from there.

My issue was not about candidates supporting it, as much as I saw bureaucracy and spending all over it, when the power to stop it has been in our hands from day one. It is not illegal for the public to profile them and ask that LE come check their credentials, it is a feel good look we are doing something.

If the American people really wanted them gone they would have already been gone.

I might be inclined to vote with someone that called a spade a spade, but that is not how it's done.

There is no choice but to vote for this bill, your constituents will claim that you don't want to do anything about immigration. Just tell your constituents to the police on every Hispanic you see. We already have the laws in place to take it from there.

The American People have wanted them gone for a long time. It is the Government that keeps them here. Why do you think that is? Try proping up Social Security and not wanting to deal with the collapse of it. Does it really matter what the people want or is it more about getting and losing votes at election time.JMO

Exactly.

The bill was designed to play on the emotions of the naive. It was a political game to tell the constituents that GA is doing something about those illegals, when really it is just a means to get votes to stay in power. It is a game and judging by the responses here, a lot of people are willingly letting the politicians manipulate them.

Yep. Right over your head. You missed the inconsistency. A drivers license can be granted to an illegal, but it is accepted as proof of citizenship? Yet, if Juan with an accent is suspected of being illegal, he can be asked to produce papers. If Bubba from Buchanan is accosted for any reason, will the police ask him to produce proof of citizenship? That was the point Ms Morrison made and you didn't even get it.

A Georgia driver's license cannot be issued to an illegal immigrant. Sense we are discussing HB87, why don't you just stick with the language and facts contained in it?

Requirements for non-US citizens to obtain a Georgia drivers license.

• Like 1

A Georgia driver's license cannot be issued to an illegal immigrant. Sense we are discussing HB87, why don't you just stick with the language and facts contained in it?

Requirements for non-US citizens to obtain a Georgia drivers license.

Just for the hell of it let's say a license was issued to a LEGAL immigrant that becomes illegal once his visa expires. Wouldn't we have an illegal immigrant with what appears to be a valid GA DL?

• Like 1

Just for the hell of it let's say a license was issued to a LEGAL immigrant that becomes illegal once his visa expires. Wouldn't we have an illegal immigrant with what appears to be a valid GA DL?

Lets throw another wrench in the argument. It isn't that hard to create a fake license. I know it is harder than it used to be, but it is by no means impossible.

No, I don't think YOU have gotten the point. Fox it is a lost cause.:ninja:

You are correct; it is a lost cause.

This is why their visa expiration date should be on the license; or the license expires on the date their visa does. Even if none of these things are done, they still can't renew their license once their visa expires.

Edited by El Zorro

Melissa, thank you for having addressed some of my questions. I missed the answer concerning whether or not you supported Obamacare. Did you? Before someone says it does not relate to this office I know that it does. The legislature has had to vote on whether or not to implement parts of it in Georgia.

The fact that former member supports her tells me everything I need to know about Ms. Morrison's "conservative values."

What is her other choice really. It is about a 50 50 for anyone to pick Mrs. Morrison or Mr. James. There is not a democrat running, so everyone has to pick one of these two or else go with the incumbent. I think there are so many on this site on a witch hunt for Non Conservatives. Have you ever come to think maybe they are both very conservative and former member maybe just likes Mrs. Morrison better?

• Like 1

What is her other choice really. It is about a 50 50 for anyone to pick Mrs. Morrison or Mr. James. There is not a democrat running, so everyone has to pick one of these two or else go with the incumbent. I think there are so many on this site on a witch hunt for Non Conservatives. Have you ever come to think maybe they are both very conservative and former member maybe just likes Mrs. Morrison better?

Have you wondered why she likes her better? Maybe because they share the same liberal values (or lack of values?) It is NOT 50/50 when one candidate (Morrison) does not even know the basics of HB87, much less be able to debate it. Who knows? Maybe she and former member are friends. That makes sense, someone has to suck it up and call themselves a conservative to win in this district.

There's no witch hunt. I was just shocked that she posted so many blatant inaccuracies about the bill.

• Like 2

Exactly.

The bill was designed to play on the emotions of the naive. It was a political game to tell the constituents that GA is doing something about those illegals, when really it is just a means to get votes to stay in power. It is a game and judging by the responses here, a lot of people are willingly letting the politicians manipulate them.

Aren't they all anymore?

The fact that former member supports her tells me everything I need to know about Ms. Morrison's "conservative values."

Yet another brilliant voting strategy - eliminate a candidate based on the support of an anonymous person on the internet.

• Like 5

Melissa, thank you for having addressed some of my questions. I missed the answer concerning whether or not you supported Obamacare. Did you? Before someone says it does not relate to this office I know that it does. The legislature has had to vote on whether or not to implement parts of it in Georgia.

NJ,

Sorry for the delay, it was a busy weekend campaigning.

I was hoping, when Congress took up the Healthcare Reform,they would actually reform it. We were, and others we know, paying $30,000 ayear for mediocre BCBS coverage.

Unfortunately, what Congress ended up passing isunconstitutional and totally unacceptable as written.

How can anyone be FOR Obamacare!

So to answer your question, No, I am not a supporter of Obamacare.

Melissa

Before you all jump on me, please note Melissa's computer won't get on line, and I can't log into her account. Hope to have this fixed by lunchtime.

• Like 1

Thanks watcher for taking my - away :wacko: Do you know former member in person? You are really going to base your vote on something like that? SMDH at that one. :blink:

Yet another brilliant voting strategy - eliminate a candidate based on the support of an anonymous person on the internet.

Yet watcher gives this a POS....As I...I am so confused :rofl:

Thanks watcher for taking my - away :wacko: Do you know former member in person? You are really going to base your vote on something like that? SMDH at that one. :blink

No, I only know a couple of people on here in person and they do not know I

know who they are :ninja:

I hit the wrong post and can not fix it

Yet watcher gives this a POS....As I...I am so confused :rofl:

I would not vote for anyone based on what is posted here, however I love to

read the different opinions. I will have to be more careful with the pluses

and minuses especially on Monday morning :pardon:

• Like 1

I would not vote for anyone based on what is posted here, however I love to

read the different opinions. I will have to be more careful with the pluses

and minuses especially on Monday morning :pardon:

LOL that is what I figured. I was just teasing. Have a great day :)

NJ,

I was hoping, when Congress took up the Healthcare Reform,they would actually reform it. We were, and others we know, paying $30,000 ayear for mediocre BCBS coverage.

Unfortunately, what Congress ended up passing isunconstitutional and totally unacceptable as written.

Melissa

Before you all jump on me, please note Melissa's computer won't get on line, and I can't log into her account. Hope to have this fixed by lunchtime.

I have to ask this question. If your computer can get online, why couldn't she use it to log onto her account here to answer the question under her login?

• Like 1

I have to ask this question. If your computer can get online, why couldn't she use it to log onto her account here to answer the question under her login?

Because I use an old version of AOL for accessing the web on personal stuff on my computer, and her aol log in address [mmorrison4district19ga@aol.com], which is not on my aol account, is too long to fit in the guest log in blank.

NJ,

Melissa

I happen to know that you lobbied hard for it. I had many discussions with you about it. I am still waiting for her answer not yours but thanks anyway.:)

Because I use an old version of AOL for accessing the web on personal stuff on my computer, and her aol log in address [mmorrison4district19ga@aol.com], which is not on my aol account, is too long to fit in the guest log in blank.

What does AOL have to do with logging into pcom? I don't understand.

I happen to know that you lobbied hard for it. I had many discussions with you about it. I am still waiting for her answer not yours but thanks anyway.:)

An academic exercise in futility, ....sorry I could not post on my membername earlier.

I will answer your questions with dignity while being honest.

Hence, my answer again.....

NJ,

Melissa

An academic exercise in futility, ....sorry I could not post on my membername earlier.

I will answer your questions with dignity while being honest.

Hence, my answer again.....

NJ,

Melissa

Nice side step there Mrs. Morrison.

• Like 1