Paulding.com

Melissa Morrison for State House District 19

I like it too as long as it stays in another County.:drinks:

Why? Why do I get the feeling it is all about the class of people who will use it. I had to drive 40 miles 2 weeks ago just so I could park and catch the subway to Walter Reed. Would be nice if I didn't have to drive so far.

I find it right to the heart of her qualifications. She made comments about Shearin's assistant being "just a secretary" and that is exactly what she was albeit not a very good one if what I am being told is true and I verified with three other ex-employees of the Ag Department.

And, this is exactly why Dean would NEVER be on a public message board. Facebook, yes. But, I can say this and stay behind by screen name. Dean would have never set himself up like this.

You are the only one on here saying BAD things about her...And what you are saying is just hearsay..."not a very good one if what I am being told is true"

Now that is the key phrase.................

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took my kids to the Christmas parade in Dallas last year. A pickup truck full of white trash looking people were in the parade. I asked myself, "why is there a pickup truck full of trashy people a

And you know what, a lot of my colleagues will probably talk trash about me but I do a damned good job and my boss agrees... Jealousy can create some interesting responses. Just sayin....   Better

Hmmm. I grew up in West Texas with LOTS of Hispanic friends --probably a few of them illegally in the U.S. Most are hard working people. You know what? How about we trade? One amnesty for every w

*YAWN* Pubby said he's been on the floor with Nathan Dean and been with him under the "Gold Dome", yada, yada, yada, but Nathan Dean, public official, isn't here to support anythying Pubby says... I don't think it's fair that Pubby gets to claim his conversations then! Quid Pro Quo!

Thats Pubby not me.

I don't go around publishing my conversations with candidates unless I have their permission. Thats a good thing.

*YAWN* Pubby said he's been on the floor with Nathan Dean and been with him under the "Gold Dome", yada, yada, yada, but Nathan Dean, public official, isn't here to support anythying Pubby says... I don't think it's fair that Pubby gets to claim his conversations then! Quid Pro Quo!

The thing about people who feel the need to name drop is most all the time those poor people did not leave the same impression on the person whose name they like to drop. Hell most of the time that person would not remember their name much less ever meeting them . So just feel sorry for them that they are only important in their on minds and the minds of uneducated or less socialize people.

I find it right to the heart of her qualifications. She made comments about Shearin's assistant being "just a secretary" and that is exactly what she was albeit not a very good one if what I am being told is true and I verified with three other ex-employees of the Ag Department.

And, this is exactly why Dean would NEVER be on a public message board. Facebook, yes. But, I can say this and stay behind by screen name. Dean would have never set himself up like this.

Is this the secretary whose husband had some issues with law enforcement? And your former "hero" and speaker of the house had some moral and ethical issues. And the person you are obviously supporting for District 19 rep has had a few issues with the law and ethics and finances.

So you like these kind huh?

Good GOD! Birds of a feather do flock!

Is this the secretary whose husband had some issues with law enforcement? And your former "hero" and speaker of the house had some moral and ethical issues. And the person you are obviously supporting for District 19 rep has had a few issues with the law and ethics and finances.

So you like these kind huh?

Good GOD! Birds of a feather do flock!

I thought HiramGirl was actually Braddock?

mrnn

• Like 3

I am not against some type of public transportation here.

We don't even have taxi cabs that are legal to drive in the county.

We are paying an ambulance service for non-emergency trips to the ER.

Our lack of any type of public transportation leaves the elderly without transport to many needed services. It also puts people that have lost their jobs at a terrible disadvantage, they must find the funds to maintain a vehicle and insure it.

We have people camping on the Silver comet trail. We need more jobs within the county and that comes down to economic development.

As far as I am concerned, jobs are the number 1 issue here.

Housing is not going to come back, so my question is what now?

Melissa, partisanship bothers me as a voter. In such difficult times, I want a pragmatic candidate who puts the needs of his/her constituents above the desires of his/her party. Given the extremely hard-line resistance to tax increases from your party, would you vote in favor of a state-wide tax increase if you had arranged for a nice chunk of the proceeds to end up back in Paulding? For instance (poor example), say there was a 1% increase proposed to the state income tax but yet you had assurances that some of the proceeds would go to pay for a Paulding reservoir in full....would you vote for or against the tax increase?

mrnn

Why? Why do I get the feeling it is all about the class of people who will use it. I had to drive 40 miles 2 weeks ago just so I could park and catch the subway to Walter Reed. Would be nice if I didn't have to drive so far.

You are the only one on here saying BAD things about her...And what you are saying is just hearsay..."not a very good one if what I am being told is true"

Now that is the key phrase.................

Just b/c other people aren't saying bag things about her; doesn't mean others aren't thinking it! :ninja:

And no, it's not cowardice that prevents some people from saying things. Maybe they are just wise to the ways of p.com!

• Like 2

I am not against some type of public transportation here.

We don't even have taxi cabs that are legal to drive in the county.

We are paying an ambulance service for non-emergency trips to the ER.

Our lack of any type of public transportation leaves the elderly without transport to many needed services. It also puts people that have lost their jobs at a terrible disadvantage, they must find the funds to maintain a vehicle and insure it.

We have people camping on the Silver comet trail. We need more jobs within the county and that comes down to economic development.

As far as I am concerned, jobs are the number 1 issue here.

Housing is not going to come back, so my question is what now?

They don't have a bus that takes the seniors around? I thought I saw one in Paulding.

I will respectfully disagree feelip. I still like you though.:)

There is a record to look at now and how she voted is important. I won't trade a conservative vote for a liberal one. Just trying to decide if that is what we have to choose from.:huh:

NJ

I agree there is a record to look at that Paulette has amassed during her ten years of elected positions here in Paulding County.

Do you recall the eight years that Paulette served on the Paulding County School Board?

Paulette voted for every increase in the budget during her eight years in that elected position.

Paulette voted for and supported the $ 120 million school bond issue in 2007 that resulted in a more that two mill property tax increase that year. This was the largest one year tax increase in the history of Paulding County.

Do know that last year the current school board finally began to pay down the debt that was incurred while Paulette was an elected member of the school board. USING THE SPLOST TAXES which was passed for this purpose.

Do know that the School Tax portion of your property taxes last year was reduced by over two mills and was supported by KIM COBB (who defeated Paulette in 2008 by a landslide) and some other newly elected members of the school board.

Yes Indeed Paulette does have a record to run on and it is not a very conservative record at all.

First I would like to disclose I am a friend of Melissa's, so no accusations of political shillings I am going to give you my opinion. Regardless if you have an 'R' or 'D' or none of the above perspectives.

I met Melissa about 2-3 years ago and she is a fantastic human being. 95% of what has been posted in reference to this subject matter is all 'background noise'. Go ahead and continue to waste you time on nonsense, if you really want to know what she is about "TAKE HER UP ON CALLING HER AND OR MEETING HER"!!

She is the real deal, enough nonsense business as usual. For too long both parties have gotten complacent, we need to restore Constitutional Independent Conservatives to right this mess that we not only as a nation or a district and as a people need to do.

We have far too many 'real' problems to deal with and the first order of business is to send someone like Melissa to the Capitol in Atlanta to point us in the right direction. So if you want to keep going in the current direction (OFF a cliff as far as I am concerned with)then keep the STATUS QUO.

Argue about GRTA, Marta, prior hear say, she said, he said, then continue doing what you are doing.

If you want to restore our nation/district as our forefathers had laid out and intended for us, I urge you to meet Melissa and make your decision then. If you decide she is the one then HELP her get elected.

If you are interested in a real discussion with me gladly PM me.

• Like 1

They don't have a bus that takes the seniors around? I thought I saw one in Paulding.

Yes there is. And, I haven't heard any complaints.

I pretty sure I recently saw a taxi service based in Dallas too, or is that gone now?

Yes there is. I see cabs in Paulding quite frequently.

If you want to restore our nation/district as our forefathers had laid out and intended for us, I urge you to meet Melissa and make your decision then. If you decide she is the one then HELP her get elected.

If this is what she wants to do, she is running for the wrong office - she needs to run for Congress.

And before Melissa spouts about her Ag credentials, maybe she should speak to her former employer because I did. She couldn't even keep his schedule straight. If she can't do the easiest of tasks, what makes anyone think she is up for this responsibility.....

Good Morning. And congratulations on avoiding the topics at hand. I will reply to this once, and then move on to answering specific pertinent questions best I can.

Concerning your remarks about my job performance while I was Deputy Commission Coleman’s administrative assistant:

I spoke with him this morning and he informed me he has not spoken with you or anyone else about me and will be happy to confirm this to anyone else who wants to contact him. I assume you have his cell number. If not give me a call and I’ll give it to you. Dr Carter Black III also spoke with me this morning and suggested you give him a call as well about my job performance and qualifications for this District 19 House seat. He is still with the Ag Department on a part time consulting basis.

FYI: When I interviewed for the job as his assistant he specifically asked me who I voted for in the 2006 election for Ag Department Commissioner.

I honestly replied my husband and I both supported and voted for Gary Black, a rock solid Republican. At the time I assumed the former Democrat Speaker of the House might hold this against me.

Much to my surprise, he hired me for the job none the less.

We had our political differences but I performed my job duties well, with excellent job performance reviews and was with him for over 2 years, right up until the day he left.

Several times I was offered other positions within the Ag Department and he refused to sign off so he could keep me in his office.

I suggest you might want to consider staying with pertinent topics and let the Gold Dome gossip stay at the Gold Dome.

Melissa, would you have voted for HB 87? Would you, if you could, vote for the "Dream Act"? Just rying to find out where you stand on illegal immigration. I know where Paulette stands.

HB87 is Flawed as written, and I would have insisted on some re-writes before endorsing it. We are in need of serious immigration controls and reforms, but this bill is not the fix.

It excludes businesses with fewer than four employees from having to verify the immigration status of their employees.

Why exempt any company, large or small?

Authorizes bigger government

Mandates that all immigrants, legal and otherwise must ALWAYS have their documents on their person. Jim Crowe all over again.

Allows “Show me your papers” or “let’s go to jail” by profiling.

This includes US citizens who unknowingly have an illegal in their car if stopped.

Are we to require proof of residency/citizenship of anyone we allow into our automobile ?

Do you carry proof of residency/citizenship ?

The point is, HB87 is flawed, seriously, and desperately needs to be amended. It would behoove us to take care of this prior to the pending court rulings.

The DREAM act was just signed as an executive order last Friday I believe, and I am not fully up to speed on all of the details. This originally, best I recall was a bill proposed by several Republicans, including Orin Hatch. It has bounced around the Senate for the past 10 years in various versions.

The basic premise is the fact we have a huge financial investment in all of these illegal children, now adults, who we have paid to educate. They are here, working, and flying under the radar paying little to no taxes. The DREAM Act would provide them a legal means to seek legal working status with many restrictions, while they work, paying taxes and being a legitimate part of the community.

I would appreciate input and feedback from the voters of Paulding County on these 2 issues.

• Like 6

Two more questions for Mrs. Morrison:

Will you be voting yes or no on the TSPLOST in July ?

Do you support using taxpayer dollars to build

industrial parks for private sector business ?

Currently, the jury on TSPLOST is still out for me.

We do NOT need another tax.

But with the state of the economy, how do we maintain the highway systems we have without the money to pay for it?

We all know how bad the Hiram Sprawl is every afternoon, not to mention 61 North through Dallas.

What and how do we address such issues?

No I don't believe it is the government's job to be an industrial developer.

However, I am for Public/Private Joint Venture Developments.

If the county or other governmental entity can work out such an enterprise where the governmental entity stands to make a profit from helping businesses to locate locally, as a landlord partner, then yes, it makes good sense to me.

I am not for giving away the farm though, just to bring a business here.

It has to be an economically sound approach.

One such possibility for a joint venture would be to develop the Spray Fields property along the Norfolk-Southern tracks off Bill Carruth when they are fully decommissioned. I believe such a venture is already in the "talking" stage.

I would be willing to endorse the county to pay to grade, cut the roads, and build the infrastructure. They could then sell the lots to a private developer for a minimal down payment, with the balance due when they lease the building.

Win-win for all concerned and a means to bring more economic development to town.

Good Morning. And congratulations on avoiding the topics at hand. I will reply to this once, and then move on to answering specific pertinent questions best I can.

Concerning your remarks about my job performance while I was Deputy Commission Coleman's administrative assistant:

I spoke with him this morning and he informed me he has not spoken with you or anyone else about me and will be happy to confirm this to anyone else who wants to contact him. I assume you have his cell number. If not give me a call and I'll give it to you. Dr Carter Black III also spoke with me this morning and suggested you give him a call as well about my job performance and qualifications for this District 19 House seat. He is still with the Ag Department on a part time consulting basis.

FYI: When I interviewed for the job as his assistant he specifically asked me who I voted for in the 2006 election for Ag Department Commissioner.

I honestly replied my husband and I both supported and voted for Gary Black, a rock solid Republican. At the time I assumed the former Democrat Speaker of the House might hold this against me.

We had our political differences but I performed my job duties well, with excellent job performance reviews and was with him for over 2 years, right up until the day he left.

Several times I was offered other positions within the Ag Department and he refused to sign off so he could keep me in his office.

I suggest you might want to consider staying with pertinent topics and let the Gold Dome gossip stay at the Gold Dome.

HB87 is Flawed as written, and I would have insisted on some re-writes before endorsing it. We are in need of serious immigration controls and reforms, but this bill is not the fix.

It excludes businesses with fewer than four employees from having to verify the immigration status of their employees.

Mandates that all immigrants, legal and otherwise must ALWAYS have their documents on their person. Jim Crowe all over again.

Allows "Show me your papers" or "let's go to jail" by profiling.

This includes US citizens who unknowingly have an illegal in their car if stopped.

Are we to require proof of residency/citizenship of anyone we allow into our automobile ?

The point is, HB87 is flawed, seriously, and desperately needs to be amended. It would behoove us to take care of this prior to the pending court rulings.

The DREAM act was just signed as an executive order last Friday I believe, and I am not fully up to speed on all of the details. This originally, best I recall was a bill proposed by several Republicans, including Orin Hatch. It has bounced around the Senate for the past 10 years in various versions.

The basic premise is the fact we have a huge financial investment in all of these illegal children, now adults, who we have paid to educate. They are here, working, and flying under the radar paying little to no taxes. The DREAM Act would provide them a legal means to seek legal working status with many restrictions, while they work, paying taxes and being a legitimate part of the community.

I would appreciate input and feedback from the voters of Paulding County on these 2 issues.

You support giving illegal immigrants amnesty because we invested in their public education and they have jobs here? Seriously?

• Like 2

Melissa, partisanship bothers me as a voter. In such difficult times, I want a pragmatic candidate who puts the needs of his/her constituents above the desires of his/her party. Given the extremely hard-line resistance to tax increases from your party, would you vote in favor of a state-wide tax increase if you had arranged for a nice chunk of the proceeds to end up back in Paulding? For instance (poor example), say there was a 1% increase proposed to the state income tax but yet you had assurances that some of the proceeds would go to pay for a Paulding reservoir in full....would you vote for or against the tax increase?

mrnn

I assume you are asking if I would support a tax increase that was indeed a PORK project for Paulding.

Yes, I would support it if we were getting a sufficient [100% plus] return on valid projects we need for the county as a whole.

Kind of like when Chairman Shearin agreed to give $1million plus to GRTA in return for getting $13Million plus from GDOT to build the Hiram Bypass. No-brainer on that one.

Absolutely yes, and as the representative for Paulding, I would be remiss in my fiduciary responsibility to the citizens of district 19 to do otherwise, regardless of partisan politics.

It would not be fiscally conservative to bypass such an opportunity, per your example, of getting Richland Creek Reservoir completed.

Since you are running against the incumbent, I would like to know based upon her voting record as our state representative; how would you have voted differently? You already made it clear you would have voted against HB 87 because it didn't allow illegals amnesty.

• Like 2

You support giving illegal immigrants amnesty because we invested in their public education and they have jobs here? Seriously?

Please show me where I endorsed any type, shape, or form of amnesty. I suggest you review the details as outlined in the DREAM ACT. It clearly does NOT endorse amnesty.

I have asked for your suggestions and input, and instead you twist my words to fit your agenda.

What do you suggest we do?

Concerning your remarks about my job performance while I was Deputy Commission Coleman’s administrative assistant:

I spoke with him this morning and he informed me he has not spoken with you or anyone else about me and will be happy to confirm this to anyone else who wants to contact him. I assume you have his cell number. If not give me a call and I’ll give it to you. Dr Carter Black III also spoke with me this morning and suggested you give him a call as well about my job performance and qualifications for this District 19 House seat. He is still with the Ag Department on a part time consulting basis.

Funny because I spoke with him also. Cell number 478-231-XXXX. And, I stand by what your colleagues have said about you.

• Like 1

Since you are running against the incumbent, I would like to know based upon her voting record as our state representative; how would you have voted differently? You already made it clear you would have voted against HB 87 because it didn't allow illegals amnesty.

Again, you twist and turn my response. I made it clear I would not have voted for HB87 as written because it is/was seriously flawed and required, in my opinion, some re-writing. NOWHERE did I mention amnesty of any sort.

What's with you and amnesty?

I do NOT endorse amnesty for illegal aliens period.

Funny because I spoke with him also. Cell number 478-231-XXXX. And, I stand by what your colleagues have said about you.

I see the silly season has started.

OK so whats your point???? Do you really want to find out for yourself or are you going to throw out names and phones number???

We can all do that. So if your point in this posting is to go after character and not get real facts continue to post your accusation and stay with the current incumbent. Sounds like you two are a perfect fit. Hence part of the current problem.

Edited by yankeeboy
  • Like 2

Concerning your remarks about my job performance while I was Deputy Commission Coleman's administrative assistant:

I spoke with him this morning and he informed me he has not spoken with you or anyone else about me and will be happy to confirm this to anyone else who wants to contact him. I assume you have his cell number. If not give me a call and I'll give it to you. Dr Carter Black III also spoke with me this morning and suggested you give him a call as well about my job performance and qualifications for this District 19 House seat. He is still with the Ag Department on a part time consulting basis.

Allows "Show me your papers" or "let's go to jail" by profiling.

I disagree vehemently. You are darn straight that I carry proof of residency/citizenship. It's called a GA drivers' license. And if the fools at the Gold Dome hadn't knuckled under to D.C. and issued drivers licenses/ID cards to ILLEGALS, we wouldn't have to be having this discussion. Apparently all you want to do is perpetuate the situation.

If those who are here legally are "offended" by having to prove it, maybe they will work in their own community to get the ILLEGALS to either comply with the laws of the USA and apply for citizenship, or take their butts back to where they came from. A little peer pressure, if you will.

The argument that we have educated and invested in these people is lame. Those educational costs are a drop in the bucket compared to the other massive wastes. And of course, nobody is thinking about the incredible bureaucracy that will be required to monitor all the wishful-thinking compliance by all these law-breaking "future citizens". They are here illegally now, nobody had done squat about it, and now we want to make nice with them. They have to be laughing up their sleeve at the stupidity of the gringo politicians.

• Like 2

And you know what, a lot of my colleagues will probably talk trash about me but I do a damned good job and my boss agrees... Jealousy can create some interesting responses. Just sayin....

Better yet, give Pubby his number or LPPT or have him contact them so that they can get an "interview"

Pitiful......

• Like 8

I took my kids to the Christmas parade in Dallas last year. A pickup truck full of white trash looking people were in the parade. I asked myself, "why is there a pickup truck full of trashy people and goth kids in the parade?". Then I saw that it was Paulette's truck. You can call 678-848-xxxx to confirm my opinion, if you'd like.

mrnn

• Like 8

I disagree vehemently. You are darn straight that I carry proof of residency/citizenship. It's called a GA drivers' license....

Actually, a Georgia license canNOT be used as proof of citizenship because they are issued to non-citizens who provide proof of legal presence and proof of residency in this state.

• Like 1

Did someone throw some D-Con down over at the highway? I see the rats from there are scampering around pcom.

• Like 1