Paulding.com

Melissa Morrison for State House District 19

Hiram Girl:

40,000+ absolute unique visitors a month (source: google analytics) and the highest visitor index of any quantified site in quantcast tells me you're wrong.

Smart politicians go where the audience is. Nathan Dean was smart.

pubby

PS: You do know that there is more than one reason we use anonymous handles.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took my kids to the Christmas parade in Dallas last year. A pickup truck full of white trash looking people were in the parade. I asked myself, "why is there a pickup truck full of trashy people a

And you know what, a lot of my colleagues will probably talk trash about me but I do a damned good job and my boss agrees... Jealousy can create some interesting responses. Just sayin....   Better

Hmmm. I grew up in West Texas with LOTS of Hispanic friends --probably a few of them illegally in the U.S. Most are hard working people. You know what? How about we trade? One amnesty for every w

Just because he had you on the Senate floor doesn't mean anything to me. Speaker Murphy, Speaker Coleman and Speaker Richardson had me on the floor. I know Nathan Dean. My family knows Nathan Dean. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that he would not be on a public message board. He never saw a photo op he didn't like but the man would never be on here.

Wow. That's just too easy. I won't. :huh:

Edited by feelip
  • Like 4

Just an FYI

Melissa came home for lunch, replied to p.com posts and other emails, and left again.

She is not at a computer all day right now and will try her best to come on once, twice, maybe three times a day to answer and respond. Please don't get your panties in a wad if you do not get an immediate response.

She is accessible by phone, if necessary.....give her a call.

I was a science major/minor in college, but history, especially American history was my pleasure reading which I devoured. And I was/am a student of Thomas Jefferson, Madison, Adams, and many of ourfounding fathers who worked their collective butts off to make certain this country, a new idea in government at that time around the world, was grounded in some documents which provided a foundation unmatched since.

I grew up, as, many my age did as a Dixiecrat. Along with Sam Nunn, Zell Miller, Richard Russell, Strom Thurmond, John Connally, [shot because he was in the same car with Kennedy], Baker from Tennessee,etc. The Dixiecrats were the founding members of what has become the Constitutional Conservatism movement, later adopted by diehard Republicans around the country.

Yes, you may not have like LBJ or Huey Long personally, but they were consummate politicians. And come on now, where would we be today if LBJ had not pushed the Civil Rights Bill ? Like it or not, it was time. Yes, I am very much a son-of-the south, but intelligent enough to know we cannot defend a Constitution which fell short of giving ALL the rights to ALL the people.

And my favorite document is indeed the Constitution and accompanying Bill of Rights. Have you ever studied the wording, and stopped to think about how much for-thought went into that wording which has stood the test of time.

And just from my time spent with him, lay off Nathan Dean. He, was a unique politican, and OLD school Dixiecrat/Democrat who devoted his entire adult career to local politics, and did more for Paulding County than Heath, Richardson, Maxwell and Braddock put together. This includes making 278 a major roadway, our Senior Center, the Silver Comet Trail, and more state money for Paulding projects than all who have been there while and since he was.

But for anyone who knows her, she is very much her own person and I will not make appearances on p.com to speak for her politics. Melissa is extremely conservative in her beliefs, much more so than I.

I will let her answer the questions directly as I don't want any slams to her because I answered for her. Or her slamming me later tonight up the side of the head because she definitely does NOT want me answering for her.

I can say we are both well aware of, and live by much if not all which is found in the USA Constitution and Bill of Rights, and have incorporated that into our daily lives for many, many years, even before the "new" neo-conservative movement kicked off by the Reagan Constitutionalists after Obama was elected. Hence, we were both Constitutional Conservatives before it was any kind of a new trend. We were ardent believers in the Constitution 25 years ago, long before any of old school democrats/dixiecrats like Reagan, Connelly, et al jumped ship and switched to the Republican Party after careers as Democrats.

Hell I voted for Hal Suit against Bo Calloway in the Republican primary for Georgia's governor in what....1970?

Ask our children. They have been getting preached to about what exactly the Constitution is, what it stands for, what it means for them, as well as their children since they were old enough to sit at the dinner table and take part in our dinner conversations.

I am encouraging Melissa to take an active part in p.com. As most of you know, she never has in the past, but then again for the past going on to 6 years, she got up at 5:00 in the morning, rode her GRTA bus downtown from Movies 278 [Yes, NewsJunky, Paulding DOES indeed have a Public Transportation "Station", complete with parking and a kind of protective roof for those waiting for the bus when it rains, and has had it since Jan 2, 2007, or before.] and did not get back home until between 6:00 and 7:00 at night.

And her job at the Ag Department really was not conducive to chatting on p.com so she just never has gotten bitten by the p.com bug.

Melissa is approachable in person, by phone, by email or by p.com. Feel free to contact her with your questions.

And as I have stated before, publicly and privately, she only has 1 skeleton,.....ME, and I am not in any closet.drinks.gif

No, it is almost like a park and ride and the bus comes from Cobb County. That is not mass transit. It is also limited to the border of Cobb and Paulding as per the agreement worked out years ago. IT IS NOT MASS TRANSIT. PAULDING DOES NOT HAVE MASS TRANSIT.

NJ,

I don't want to fight with you on semantics, but I believe 23 bus trips a day from downtown to the Movies 278 Lot would constitute "Mass Transit! Check out the GRTA website for yourself if necessary. I think 500+ people per day would be considered "Mass Transit".

Note, I use it often to go to the airport on the 4:45 reverse commute, which takes me to 5 points where I get on Marta to go to the airport for half of what it costs to park in an off location lot for 1 day. When I come back, I schedule my flight to arrive early to mid afternoon, and ride back to Movies 278 for chump change. It is indeed a good deal.

I just wish they had 1 or 2 buses during the middle of the day, and 1 or 2 later in the evenings so I could use it even more. The last bus coming back here is at like 6:30 so you are limited to not get stranded downtown.

NJ,

I don't want to fight with you on semantics, but I believe 23 bus trips a day from downtown to the Movies 278 Lot would constitute "Mass Transit! Check out the GRTA website for yourself if necessary. I think 500+ people per day would be considered "Mass Transit".

Note, I use it often to go to the airport on the 4:45 reverse commute, which takes me to 5 points where I get on Marta to go to the airport for half of what it costs to park in an off location lot for 1 day. When I come back, I schedule my flight to arrive early to mid afternoon, and ride back to Movies 278 for chump change. It is indeed a good deal.

I just wish they had 1 or 2 buses during the middle of the day, and 1 or 2 later in the evenings so I could use it even more. The last bus coming back here is at like 6:30 so you are limited to not get stranded downtown.

The bus belongs to Cobb County and is not in Paulding County except at the border. That was the deal because Paulding Citizens do not want mass transit. How many of Cobb's buses run to downtown I could not tell you. It is not a matter of semantics. Why are you answering instead of the Candidate?

Just because he had you on the Senate floor doesn't mean anything to me. Speaker Murphy, Speaker Coleman and Speaker Richardson had me on the floor. I know Nathan Dean. My family knows Nathan Dean. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that he would not be on a public message board. He never saw a photo op he didn't like but the man would never be on here.

And that is BS!

Nathan Dean was a consummate politician and could squeeze money out of the rocks under the Gold Dome for his constituents, which he did for his Paulding voters basis on a regular basis.

Add up what ALL our state senators and legislators have gotten for Paulding SINCE the GOP chose to toss Nathan to the gutter, and you will not have even 10% of what Nathan got us.

Had a media format like P.com been around as a commonly used tool in his hay-day, he would have been on p.com EVERY morning. Without fail!!!!

The bus belongs to Cobb County and is not in Paulding County except at the border. That was the deal because Paulding Citizens do not want mass transit. How many of Cobb's buses run to downtown I could not tell you. It is not a matter of semantics. Why are you answering instead of the Candidate?

I am answering because I am very, very familiar with the GRTA buses running from Movie 278. GRTA contracts with CCT out of Cobb to provide the DRIVERS, and if necessary the BUSES. BUT, it is a 100% GRTA route which comes to Movies 278, well inside Paulding County because the Trail Foundation kicked GRTA out of the Florence Road SCT lot, and then built their own.

The following year they bought part of the parking lot from Movies 278 and built the station there. It is operated by GRTA just as they do with other 40 routes GRTA services throught the Metro Atlanta area.

Like it or not, it is mass transit. All connected to the MARTA system, and tell me if you want the link to the website.

And that is BS!

Nathan Dean was a consummate politician and could squeeze money out of the rocks under the Gold Dome for his constituents, which he did for his Paulding voters basis on a regular basis.

Add up what ALL our state senators and legislators have gotten for Paulding SINCE the GOP chose to toss Nathan to the gutter, and you will not have even 10% of what Nathan got us.

Had a media format like P.com been around as a commonly used tool in his hay-day, he would have been on p.com EVERY morning. Without fail!!!!

I stand by my comments. Nathan Dean would not be on this site. Not in a million years. Nathan had a huge help with Speaker Murphy having most of the same parts.

And before Melissa spouts about her Ag credentials, maybe she should speak to her former employer because I did. She couldn't even keep his schedule straight. If she can't do the easiest of tasks, what makes anyone think she is up for this responsibility.....

Just an FYI

Melissa came home for lunch, replied to p.com posts and other emails, and left again.

She is not at a computer all day right now and will try her best to come on once, twice, maybe three times a day to answer and respond. Please don't get your panties in a wad if you do not get an immediate response.

She is accessible by phone, if necessary.....give her a call.

I was a science major/minor in college, but history, especially American history was my pleasure reading which I devoured. And I was/am a student of Thomas Jefferson, Madison, Adams, and many of ourfounding fathers who worked their collective butts off to make certain this country, a new idea in government at that time around the world, was grounded in some documents which provided a foundation unmatched since.

I grew up, as, many my age did as a Dixiecrat. Along with Sam Nunn, Zell Miller, Richard Russell, Strom Thurmond, John Connally, [shot because he was in the same car with Kennedy], Baker from Tennessee,etc. The Dixiecrats were the founding members of what has become the Constitutional Conservatism movement, later adopted by diehard Republicans around the country.

Yes, you may not have like LBJ or Huey Long personally, but they were consummate politicians. And come on now, where would we be today if LBJ had not pushed the Civil Rights Bill ? Like it or not, it was time. Yes, I am very much a son-of-the south, but intelligent enough to know we cannot defend a Constitution which fell short of giving ALL the rights to ALL the people.

And my favorite document is indeed the Constitution and accompanying Bill of Rights. Have you ever studied the wording, and stopped to think about how much for-thought went into that wording which has stood the test of time.

And just from my time spent with him, lay off Nathan Dean. He, was a unique politican, and OLD school Dixiecrat/Democrat who devoted his entire adult career to local politics, and did more for Paulding County than Heath, Richardson, Maxwell and Braddock put together. This includes making 278 a major roadway, our Senior Center, the Silver Comet Trail, and more state money for Paulding projects than all who have been there while and since he was.

But for anyone who knows her, she is very much her own person and I will not make appearances on p.com to speak for her politics. Melissa is extremely conservative in her beliefs, much more so than I.

I will let her answer the questions directly as I don't want any slams to her because I answered for her. Or her slamming me later tonight up the side of the head because she definitely does NOT want me answering for her.

I can say we are both well aware of, and live by much if not all which is found in the USA Constitution and Bill of Rights, and have incorporated that into our daily lives for many, many years, even before the "new" neo-conservative movement kicked off by the Reagan Constitutionalists after Obama was elected. Hence, we were both Constitutional Conservatives before it was any kind of a new trend. We were ardent believers in the Constitution 25 years ago, long before any of old school democrats/dixiecrats like Reagan, Connelly, et al jumped ship and switched to the Republican Party after careers as Democrats.

Hell I voted for Hal Suit against Bo Calloway in the Republican primary for Georgia's governor in what....1970?

Ask our children. They have been getting preached to about what exactly the Constitution is, what it stands for, what it means for them, as well as their children since they were old enough to sit at the dinner table and take part in our dinner conversations.

I am encouraging Melissa to take an active part in p.com. As most of you know, she never has in the past, but then again for the past going on to 6 years, she got up at 5:00 in the morning, rode her GRTA bus downtown from Movies 278 [Yes, NewsJunky, Paulding DOES indeed have a Public Transportation "Station", complete with parking and a kind of protective roof for those waiting for the bus when it rains, and has had it since Jan 2, 2007, or before.] and did not get back home until between 6:00 and 7:00 at night.

And her job at the Ag Department really was not conducive to chatting on p.com so she just never has gotten bitten by the p.com bug.

Melissa is approachable in person, by phone, by email or by p.com. Feel free to contact her with your questions.

And as I have stated before, publicly and privately, she only has 1 skeleton,.....ME, and I am not in any closet.drinks.gif

• Like 1

I am answering because I am very, very familiar with the GRTA buses running from Movie 278. GRTA contracts with CCT out of Cobb to provide the DRIVERS, and if necessary the BUSES. BUT, it is a 100% GRTA route which comes to Movies 278, well inside Paulding County because the Trail Foundation kicked GRTA out of the Florence Road SCT lot, and then built their own.

The following year they bought part of the parking lot from Movies 278 and built the station there. It is operated by GRTA just as they do with other 40 routes GRTA services throught the Metro Atlanta area.

Like it or not, it is mass transit. All connected to the MARTA system, and tell me if you want the link to the website.

I will still disagree. Those buses run to the border, do not belong to Paulding County, and do not travel on paulding roads. It is a park and ride because the citizens of Paulding reject mass transit and if your wife is for mass transit I am not for her winning this seat.:) Maybe I should ask who agreed to them coming into Paulding County at all. Which Commissioner or Commissioners should I ask?:unsure:

• Like 2

WoW!

I'm serious. Geez.

RE: mass transit/public transportation - It seems to me to be largely a question of semantics. But no doubt Paulding gets the best of both worlds with the GRTA (which I did not agree with them forming and still don't like the idea of) buses coming to the county line and people being able to ride in. And yet we don't have it anywhere internally in the county. Me likey. Or would if I needed it.

RE: Melissa M's former employer - I don't find that to be a salient point to her qualifications for the job. She may have had a personality conflict with said employer, or she may not have done things exactly the way he liked, or he oculd be lying, or...any one of several other possibilities. I don't see where calendaring has anything to do with being a good rep.

• Like 4

I'm serious. Geez.

RE: mass transit/public transportation - It seems to me to be largely a question of semantics. But no doubt Paulding gets the best of both worlds with the GRTA (which I did not agree with them forming and still don't like the idea of) buses coming to the county line and people being able to ride in. And yet we don't have it anywhere internally in the county. Me likey. Or would if I needed it.

RE: Melissa M's former employer - I don't find that to be a salient point to her qualifications for the job. She may have had a personality conflict with said employer, or she may not have done things exactly the way he liked, or he oculd be lying, or...any one of several other possibilities. I don't see where calendaring has anything to do with being a good rep.

I like it too as long as it stays in another County.:drinks:

• Like 1

I will still disagree. Those buses run to the border, do not belong to Paulding County, and do not travel on paulding roads. It is a park and ride because the citizens of Paulding reject mass transit and if your wife is for mass transit I am not for her winning this seat.:) Maybe I should ask who agreed to them coming into Paulding County at all. Which Commissioner or Commissioners should I ask?:unsure:

Since she has used the bus for 5 to 6 years, I would assume this comes from Sherin's term.

I will still disagree. Those buses run to the border, do not belong to Paulding County, and do not travel on paulding roads. It is a park and ride because the citizens of Paulding reject mass transit and if your wife is for mass transit I am not for her winning this seat.:)

NJ,

I love you dear, but Highway 278 from the Cobb County line to Movies 278 is indeed Paulding County. The buses belong to GRTA, except for the ones CCT supplies if a GRTA bus is not available. It turns in on Metromount [Paulding County] and then a left into the road, unnamed, which runs between Movies 278 and Aldi's.

Link attached

My link

This is well inside Paulding.

No one said anything about endorsing mass transit for Paulding, but I do not understand your denial of what is, and has been a mass transit system which my wife rode to downtown Atlanta every day for 5+ years, and will ride downtown again when she is elected to the legislature.

But I shall quit kicking the dead horse as it is stinking.drinks.gif

• Like 1

I find it right to the heart of her qualifications. She made comments about Shearin's assistant being "just a secretary" and that is exactly what she was albeit not a very good one if what I am being told is true and I verified with three other ex-employees of the Ag Department.

And, this is exactly why Dean would NEVER be on a public message board. Facebook, yes. But, I can say this and stay behind by screen name. Dean would have never set himself up like this.

Edited by HiramGirl

Just an (hopefully helpful) observation here.

When I read this thread I get the feeling that pubby and Surepip are going out of their way to answer for Melissa, and frankly that isn't doing her any good.

Melissa seems like (and I'm told she is indeed) a fine lady. You gentlemen would serve her candidacy better staying clear and letting her represent herself.

JMO....

• Like 6

NJ,

I love you dear, but Highway 278 from the Cobb County line to Movies 278 is indeed Paulding County. The buses belong to GRTA, except for the ones CCT supplies if a GRTA bus is not available. It turns in on Metromount [Paulding County] and then a left into the road, unnamed, which runs between Movies 278 and Aldi's.

Link attached

My link

This is well inside Paulding.

No one said anything about endorsing mass transit for Paulding, but I do not understand your denial of what is, and has been a mass transit system which my wife rode to downtown Atlanta every day for 5+ years, and will ride downtown again when she is elected to the legislature.

But I shall quit kicking the dead horse as it is stinking.drinks.gif

Thanks for answering for your wife once again. I really thought she could speak for herself. Last I heard of the deal it was to come to the border and no further. Sounds like I have an issue with the commissioners who changed that. It is still close enough to the Cobb border to be a park and ride. I still have not gotten an answer from her on my two illegal immigration questions and now I have one on whether or not she favors mass transportation in Paulding County. I am not speaking of the Park and ride that exists now.

When I read this thread I get the feeling that pubby and Surepip are going out of their way to answer for Melissa, and frankly that isn't doing her any good.

Melissa seems like (and I'm told she is indeed) a fine lady. You gentlemen would serve her candidacy better staying clear and letting her represent herself.

JMO....

Agree.

• Like 1

JMO....

I agree. No one should be speaking for her.

I also have a problem with someone posting something they "heard".

• Like 3

Now I am confused...just who is running? Her....her husband ? And whose political views will be followed if elected? Will she just end up being a mouth piece for her husband.?

I was thinking the same thing. A shill for Surepip.

I just have an uneasy feeling about having a representative at the Gold Dome who has a legal action toward Paulding County government. My "conflict of interest" detector is going off.

Quid pro quo... you settle my lawsuit and pay me off and I'll support this piece of legislation that will make the County Commission look like heroes.

Can we please get Glenn Richardson back? :pardon:At least he was the devil known. You knew what to expect.

• Like 3

I find it right to the heart of her qualifications. She made comments about Shearin's assistant being "just a secretary" and that is exactly what she was albeit not a very good one if what I am being told is true and I verified with three other ex-employees of the Ag Department.

And, this is exactly why Dean would NEVER be on a public message board. Facebook, yes. But, I can say this and stay behind by screen name. Dean would have never set himself up like this.

I'm not a spelling nazi, but I would have a problem with my admin asst since 2009 (if my math is correct) if they still could not spell "veterinarian." I thought it was a typo, and kept waiting for the edit, but it's still there.

Also, it seems to the average viewer that someone besides her is pushing this campaign. In fact, since the previous comments were made, I saw the name of the candidate below in the "reading this topic" list, but no response from her.

I'm serious. Geez.

If she's a secretary, keeping a calendar is a critical part of her job.

I don't see the clear difference between a park and ride and mass transit as semantics. pardon.gif Do I personally have a problem with a park and ride? No. I'm sure it's a good thing for those that use it. Would I have a problem with proposed mass transit? You betcha!

My name is Melissa Morrison and I am running for the State House Seat for the 19th District in the July 31st Republican Primary.

My website link is Melissa Morrison for Ga House Seat 19th Distrcit

I am a Constituional Conservative....a supporter of our Bill of Rights as well as all the amendments. My husband and I have lived in Paulding County since 1983. We moved our business to Paulding when we bought out the last of our partners in 1989 eventually operating out of 2 buildings in the North Industrial Park near the Sheriff's office with 25 employees.

When we downsized and sold off the manufacturing rights in 2006, I went to work for the Georgia Department of Agriculture. First in the Budget and Procurement office, and the following year I was asked to take the position as the administrative assistant to the Deputy Commissioner, Terry Coleman, Speaker Emeritus of the House. 2 years later when he left to run for state office I was transfered to the office of the State Veternarian, Dr.Carter Black III as his administrative assistant.

I left the Ag Department last February after I turned 62 and have decided to utilize my 30+ years of business experience and 5+ years working next to and under the Gold Dome to run for the House Seat for District 19.

I am asking for your support, campaign donations, sign placements, and any other help any of you can provide to help send me to the Gold Dome as your representative.

Good luck in your pursuits, Melissa. You are going to get this. You already have a following and you have the necessary life experience to do this job. But moreso, I admire your desire to bring strong character! Some people call themselves conservative, but their lives are not a reflection of that at all. Best wishes to you, and do not get distracted nor discouraged by a few flies that will try to distract you on your path.

• Like 1

I'm not a spelling nazi, but I would have a problem with my admin asst since 2009 (if my math is correct) if they still could not spell "veterinarian." I thought it was a typo, and kept waiting for the edit, but it's still there.

I'd have a problem if my admin asst did it in a piece of formal correspondence and didn't correct it. But I wouldn't think ti would have any bearing on whether she could do the job of representing Paulding County. My mother is one of the smartest people I have ever known (retired microbiologist) and she can't spell worth crap.

If she's a secretary, keeping a calendar is a critical part of her job.

Yes, but not necessarily a critical part of the job of being a representative for Paulding County.

I don't see the clear difference between a park and ride and mass transit as semantics. pardon.gif Do I personally have a problem with a park and ride? No. I'm sure it's a good thing for those that use it. Would I have a problem with proposed mass transit? You betcha!

I agree wholeheartedly. There IS a clear difference between the two; all I was saying there is that it seems people keep talking in circles against each other when they're basically saying the same thing. I agree it is a park n ride system, and I would be massively opposed to a mass transit system here in Paulding (sorry, ivylove).

I stand by my comments. Nathan Dean would not be on this site. Not in a million years. Nathan had a huge help with Speaker Murphy having most of the same parts.

And before Melissa spouts about her Ag credentials, maybe she should speak to her former employer because I did. She couldn't even keep his schedule straight. If she can't do the easiest of tasks, what makes anyone think she is up for this responsibility.....

That type of accusation would have more credibility if you signed it with your real name, like Mason Rountree does when he makes statements about Bill Heath.

• Like 4

[/color]

That type of accusation would have more credibility if you signed it with your real name, like Mason Rountree does when he makes statements about Bill Heath.

Isn't this the same person that said we were all wrong about Richardson?

• Like 1

Isn't this the same person that said we were all wrong about Richardson?

I could do the research and see, but I am on vacation and if I get caught on here there will be big trouble from the big boss :ph34r:

It also concerns me someone is publishing that Ms Morrisons x-boss is saying bad things about her, it's not just credibility in question here, but what is being said reflects on someone's character that is probably not aware of it.

Politics as usual, anything to win.

[/color]

Quid pro quo. Does this mean the "ANIMAL" will be going back to edit his posts with HIS REAL NAME when he attempts to libel Tony Crowe and any other candidate?

Don't call out someone like this b/c she's not one of your "favorites" or is not supporting one of your "favorites" (i.e., a paying member or someone who parrots everything you and Pubby say).

I could do the research and see, but I am on vacation and if I get caught on here there will be big trouble from the big boss :ph34r:

It also concerns me someone is publishing that Ms Morrisons x-boss is saying bad things about her, it's not just credibility in question here, but what is being said reflects on someone's character that is probably not aware of it.

Politics as usual, anything to win.

Again, how is this different from anything that Animal has done over the past few weeks? "I heard Tony was taking kick-backs", blah, blah, blah.

Your bias is showing, LPPT!

• Like 2

With the possible exception of George Washington, I don't know of an American politician who has not been called crooked by the opposition party ... beginning with Thomas Jefferson and ending with ... Barak Obama.

And, for the record, I'm no fan of Huey Long's or any of the Long's for that matter. I actually thought of him because I had mentioned Darryl Glasscock, who was reported to be an illegitimate kid with ties to that Louisiana clan ... I once referred to him in a short story as Darryl Short as I parodied the Robinson campaign.

Just as there are admirers and detractors of folks like Ty Cobb, to name a polarizing figure in baseball, one need not fawn over a personality to cite them as an example.

Lyndon Johnson was cited, btw, not because I'm a fan of Lyndon, but rather the record of his literally herculean efforts to make it good as a politician from the high country in Texas as detailed by Robert A. Caro - specifically his first book on Johnson called "the Path to Power". I would recommend that 1000 page tome to anyone of either party as a description of how a driven, ambitious person defines the job of public servant in such a manner that they work it into a plan to literally know everyone in a congressional district or state by their first name, who their kids are and what tragedies they endure.

You may not like what LBJ did after reaching the Senate in the early 1950s but what he did in the 30's especially ought to inspire anyone interested in retail politics. That I read Caro's first book on Johnson in 1990 when it came out simply shows that this is a topic of interest of mine. (That was also about the same time I became acquainted with Nathan Dean so the association there was strong.)

pubby

PS: Do know that my degree was in history and political science and I've read somewhat extensively in the field.

A few thoughts come to mind.

1. LBJ and Long were not only accused by their opponents of being crooks, it is a fact that has been proven over time and to my knowledge no respected historian says otherwise.

2. I always love it when people read the white part between the black words and decide "this is what they really meant instead of what they wrote".

Not sure where I wrote that I did not like LBJ but I guess you too are one of those who have the power to read minds. (if your responce is that you can read minds, I would check with Mr. James to see how that worked for him)

3. My last thought concerns an old saying, "a bit dog barks:.

I sure hear a a lot of yapping.

By the way, congrats on your degree, I understand that was the only one of it's type ever given and that no one else reads. Oh wait, maybe not.

Edited by stradial

Quid pro quo. Does this mean the "ANIMAL" will be going back to edit his posts with HIS REAL NAME when he attempts to libel Tony Crowe and any other candidate?

Don't call out someone like this b/c she's not one of your "favorites" or is not supporting one of your "favorites" (i.e., a paying member or someone who parrots everything you and Pubby say).

Again, how is this different from anything that Animal has done over the past few weeks? "I heard Tony was taking kick-backs", blah, blah, blah.

Your bias is showing, LPPT!

My issue is that Ms. Morrison's boss holds public office I don't think it is fair to him to claim he is saying these things.

My bias always lays with leadership that will be good for the county, what is good for the majority of the county is always good for me.

You are welcome to ask any elected official in this county if I have ever ask a favor or used this site as leverage against them.

I expect anyone running for office to be at least 1/2 as informed as I am about county business.

My issue is that Ms. Morrison's boss holds public office I don't think it is fair to him to claim he is saying these things.

My bias always lays with leadership that will be good for the county, what is good for the majority of the county is always good for me.

You are welcome to ask any elected official in this county if I have ever ask a favor or used this site as leverage against them.

I expect anyone running for office to be at least 1/2 as informed as I am about county business.

*YAWN* Pubby said he's been on the floor with Nathan Dean and been with him under the "Gold Dome", yada, yada, yada, but Nathan Dean, public official, isn't here to support anythying Pubby says... I don't think it's fair that Pubby gets to claim his conversations then! Quid Pro Quo!

*YAWN* Pubby said he's been on the floor with Nathan Dean and been with him under the "Gold Dome", yada, yada, yada, but Nathan Dean, public official, isn't here to support anythying Pubby says... I don't think it's fair that Pubby gets to claim his conversations then! Quid Pro Quo!

I have no dog in this fight but I agree with you.

FYI: The man that she worked for is no longer in that position and he no longer holds public office.

Movies 278 is at the Cobb border?

WOW!

I'm serious. Geez.

I used to be the CO Secretary..A Navy Captain for those who don't know what that means. I did his schedule, he would tell me his likes and dislikes, he could also go in there and change his own schedule...For instance if his flight (he is a pilot) was changed or one added....My point...Unless you are staring at it 24/7 things can change.

I think it was very bad taste in the poster even brining something like this up. :blink: