Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
footballbeerchic

Wanted to share my new, finished project.

Haven't been here in a while, but I thought someone else would like to make these. I made these to block my neighbors because I loathe them. I won't publish the name we call the curtains, but if you would like to know, pm me. Anywho, these are 6x9 drop cloths from the depot, 1/2" electrical conduit pipes held up by #6 hooks, conduit connectors, conduit elbows, spray paint, and Mainstays ring/clips from walmart. Wash & dry the drop cloths, then iron & hang! I tied them back with black, twill tape from Walmart also. :)

P4207194.jpg

P4207195.jpg

P4207199.jpg

P4207184.jpg

P4207190.jpg

Yes, we need to pressure-wash. I know, heard it from my husband.

You did a great job! They look amazing, I wanna know what you call them. :ninja: Pm'ing you now.

That is pretty. You did a wonderful job!!!

Sorry that you have pain in the arse neighbors that you had to make curtains to keep their nose out of your business.

You have such a beautiful yard and now you have to close your curtains inorder to sit on your porch and enjoy the evening.

Absolutely stunning. Looks like something I would admire in a decorating magazine!!! Great job!!!

I love 'em. I love projects like that.

At my other house I had a long porch and I had green and white striped curtains tied back at each post and the same fabric on my cushions. And I had white wicker. I love wicker!

That was way back in 1995 and I had seen it in a magazine, probably Southern Living. It's rare to see curtains on a porch but I love it and the bigger the porch the better!

Beautiful job!

Thank ya! I put another lamp out there and it is just perfect! Before our blackberry winter, when it was hot, I closed the curtains I had up and it kept the heat off the front of the house! It's great :)

we've also just had the porch leveled & took down the bowed lattice and haven't painted the posts. It's a work in progress :)

We are getting ready to do the same thing out by the pool. We built a fireplace and a kind of sort of gazebo and want privacy curtains.

I priced some from Amazon and they were going to be $600 before shipping, so I saw the drop cloth curtains and pinterest and it will only cost around $200.00 and that will include the gas line we are using as curtain rods.

I will post my pictures as soon as we are finished!

By the way, yours looks great!

First, I love your house and how it's situated. Are you going to replace the lattice? My porch is higher than yours,a nd I'm about to tear out the ugly lattice crap, and haven't decided what to do next. Second, the curtains both look great and are a great idea, esp. considering your situation. Excellent job! :good:

:clapping::wub: I LOVE the entire porch! You are very creative. It looks so relaxing. I have thought of one possible problem though. Since the curtains are made of drop cloths I assume they are cotton? If so then you may have to wash them frequently with bleach or mildew might start growing on them. Lysol might help too. Don't you just love our GA humidity? :nea:
  • Like 1

awesome....i would love that but hubby would pitch a fit...it would come in handy when the sun comes thru the front door and blinds him every evening on the porch though...I had one blind on that side but it was cheap and fell apart. Very pretty and well done. Did you sew them yourself??? I'd love to see where ya got the instructions for them just in case he would allow me to do it at least on each end.

idaho-udaho-lg_thumb_400x300.gif

:ninja:

I'd like instructions fbbc- I need to become a member of the blockaho tribe :ph34r: :rofl:

count me in! lol

They would not have helped with my neighbor. They aren't bullet proof, but they are pretty.

I saw that Lowes in Acworth has their sun shades on clearance. They are AWESOME, if anyone just needs to block an area that gets way too much sun at times. They come in differant widths too, so measure before you go.

These are SO awesome :drinks:.

I think I told you that on FB already ;) . But, still awesome!

I did something similiar for our deck gazebo, but with shower curtains! I don't sew at all, so just raided Wal-mart for fabric shower curtains. There was already a track in the framework of the gazebo, so the shower curtain rings worked perfect.

20850_1385426230682_1082814537_30864524_3238824_n.jpg

They've been up since 2010 and show no signs of mildew/mold or even fading. We do keep them pushed to the side when not in use, so they get out of the sun.

Edited by ChocoMare
  • Like 1