Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
sassya274

What happened?

The house on Ridge across from Friendship ch rd is taped off with crime scene tape and lots of EMS present. Any clue what is happening? a friend and fellow pcommer lives down that way.

Dang...and I live off Ridge Road. :mellow: :unsure:

the cop shop said there was another "suicide" today.

it might be that. but she is not sure.

Edited by Scottie1972

my mother work at the cop shop. she said there was another "suicide" today.

That would be awful!!! I hate to hear that. :(

from what i understand, there has been alot of suicides and overdose from pills this year.

my mother work at the cop shop. she said there was another "suicide" today.

:(

I think the economy etc is taking its toll on people

I agree and it's so sad. :(

• Like 1

I think the economy etc is taking its toll on people

You are right on that! I'm seeing too many people lose hope that it's getting really scary. A lot of people who were at least getting unemployment have extinguished their benefits. I often tell my friends who are in this boat to start thinking outside the box and look into other careers. Much like myself about 5 years ago when I got laid off, it took me a while to come to grips with the fact that my CAREER was up in smoke. Until you get it in your head, you will waste a lot of that initial time searching for another job in the career you always had, sort of in denial that it no longer exists. Been there, done that, and it's probably the hardest and first of many hurdles to get around. It's so surreal to people when they get laid off that it's hard to think any other way....it takes time to come to terms with it. My only friendly advice to anyone like that is to HURRY up and try to get through that first stage, because the UE clock is ticking and will run out before you know it. Until you do get hired somewhere else, PLEASE keep yourself BUSY, whether it be hobbies, jigsaw puzzles, ANYTHING to keep your mind going. Lay offs can eat away at your mentality very quickly!!

I hope it was nothing like a suicide. I will be interested to see wht it was/is if I ever can. I'm right around the 4way stop so I'm not too far.

I asked tha PIO for information on this and it came back as being classed as a suicide. Of course if anyone has any information that it was something else, do contact officials because it appears they believe it to be just that.

pubby

I asked tha PIO for information on this and it came back as being classed as a suicide. Of course if anyone has any information that it was something else, do contact officials because it appears they believe it to be just that.

pubby

Interesting.

This leads me to believe that speculation says that suicide was not the case.

Edited by mysterious

sorry.

i miss understood.

Edited by Scottie1972

He was probably sick and had no one to care for him. Just guessing

Interesting.

This leads me to believe that speculation says that suicide was not the case.

The only speculation otherwise was in this topic. The reason I mentioned anything other than the official finding that it was suicide is the general taboo that is associated with that act. I know that there was at least on man on pcom who found himself at this end and was abandoned by family who, because of the stigma against it, refused to even be considerate of those who loved and missed the man.

I will on pricipal, then, be ever so slightly uncertain of even the most certain finding.

pubby

The only speculation otherwise was in this topic. The reason I mentioned anything other than the official finding that it was suicide is the general taboo that is associated with that act. I know that there was at least on man on pcom who found himself at this end and was abandoned by family who, because of the stigma against it, refused to even be considerate of those who loved and missed the man.

I will on pricipal, then, be ever so slightly uncertain of even the most certain finding.

pubby

I understand and respect what you say.

However, there was a great deal of speculation on FB also.

Either way, a man is dead and that is tragic.

pubby

Unfortunately this was a death and it is very sad! He did have 2 elderly sisters who care for him deeply and have been hurt by the gossip! Unfortunately this man was a very independent private man and was a loner by his choice. He was divorced many years ago While serving our country in the navy for 30 years and had no children! He visited his sister regularly. He ate at Bensons restaraunt every day where all of us regulars were his community family as much as he would allow! Many times as people get elderly and debilitated they fear not being able to care for themselves and do not want to be a burden to others. Especially someone who was a strong independent service person. As a nurse I see this way to often. Communities are not what they used to be! How many of us know all our neighbors and go check on them if we don't see them out of their house for a couple of days? Thank the good Lord a Bensons employee went to check on him that day because he did not show up for lunch as usual.

If you would like to show support for this man and his dear family send flowers or go to visitation at Horis A Ward funeral home in Stockbridge. Visitation is Sunday 4/22/12 from 1-3 pm with funeral at 3 pm. Then graveside military service at Ga Memorial in Canton on Monday at 2pm.

In loving memory of Lee Brookshire. God rest his soul.

Edited by RAIDERS CHEERLEADERS ROCK!
  • Like 2

Unfortunately this was a suicide and it is very sad! He did have 2 elderly sisters who care for him deeply and have been hurt by the gossip! Unfortunately this man was a very independent private man and was a loner by his choice. He was divorced many years ago While serving our country in the navy for 30 years and had no children! He visited his sister regularly. He ate at Bendons restaraunt every day where all of us regulars were his community family as much as he would allow! Many times as people get elderly and debilitated they fear not being able to care for themselves and do not want to be a burden to others. Especially someone who was a strong independent service person. As a nurse I see this way to often. Communities are not what they used to be! How many of us know all our neighbors and go check on them if we don't see them out of their house for a couple of days? Thank the good Lord a Bensons employee went to check on him that day because he did not show up for lunch as usual.

If you would like to show support for this man and his dear family send flowers or go to visitation at Horis A Ward funeral home in Stockbridge. Visitation is Sunday 4/22/12 from 1-3 pm with funeral at 3 pm. Then graveside military service at Ga Memorial in Canton on Monday at 2pm.

In loving memory of Lee Brookshire. God rest his soul.

Thank you for sharing this.

God comfort his family and friends.

Bless his heart and may God give his family peace. I will keep his family in my prayers, suicide is a hard thing especially for those who remain.

What are you referring to mysterious?

Bless his heart and may God give his family peace. I will keep his family in my prayers, suicide is a hard thing especially for those who remain.

What are you referring to mysterious?

Not sure that I understand your question.

I was thanking Raiders for sharing the love that people had for the man and how hard it is for older people when they feel that they have become a burden. You could tell that she cared for him.