5 replies to this topic

#1 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,172 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

We have about 20 large 2 quart pots of varigated hosta, many are doubles, that were potted last year and bedded over for the fall/winter. $5.00 Compare to $10 at the Depot.

Flats of various lettuce $1 for 4 plants

Dig your own Hosta or Rose of Sharon, or English Ivy $1

And Carpenter Bee Traps, for $20

We will be here most of the day. PM me for phone number and directions. We are south of 278, 1 block west of 120/Bill Carruth on the backside of Palisades.
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#2 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,172 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

For those still wanting to plant lettuce, the weather over the next week is going to be great for lettuce to get established.

If we go back to the high 80s, it won't last long though.

We are getting $1 worth of salad greens a day right now, not including the arugula which is so outrageously priced in the stores, and bland. Ours is peppery with a bite!
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#3 A Gipper Girl

A Gipper Girl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

We have about 20 large 2 quart pots of varigated hosta, many are doubles, that were potted last year and bedded over for the fall/winter. $5.00 Compare to $10 at the Depot.

Flats of various lettuce $1 for 4 plants

Dig your own Hosta or Rose of Sharon, or English Ivy $1

And Carpenter Bee Traps, for $20

We will be here most of the day. PM me for phone number and directions. We are south of 278, 1 block west of 120/Bill Carruth on the backside of Palisades.

Wish I was closer. I'd love to get a few hostas and some ivy. I've been buying ivy for all my baskets and planters. I used to have an endless supply of it for free in my parents backyard...now it's costing me $:( .

You are right about arugula being crazy expensive right now. I actually didnt buy it last week after looking at the prices and none of it looked really fresh. I use it whith a lot of recipes but It wouldnt have lasted through the weekend.

Who is John Galt?

"The government was set to protect man from criminals, and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government." -Ayn Rand

#4 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,172 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Still have the varigated Hosta available and flats of lettuce plants.

The 30+ temps expected Thursday and Friday mornings will not harm the lettuce plants.

These do well in filtered sun to shade. They do not care for full sun, but can tolerate some if well watered.

#5 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,172 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Turns out we have 40 of these hosta. And we will beat any other prices out there.

#6 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,172 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

We have 20+ large pots of doubles, and 100 or so bare root ones in sawdust.

Along with 10 large pots of Texas Star Crimson Hibiscus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics