11 replies to this topic

#1 CPC

CPC

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

I got another call this morning where someone had their laptop sitting on the counter and a cup of coffee was knocked over next to it.

Most laptops suck air up from underneath and blow it out the side, meaning if you have liquid that runs under it there is a good chance it will be sucked in to it. Do yourself a favor, if you leave your laptop on the kitchen counter do what I do and set it on a trivet. If you use a large one it's stable enough to easily type on still and it will help save it in the event of a spill.

If you do spill on it immediately turn it off, whether it looks OK or not and remove the battery. Then call me and I'll walk you through how to properly dry it out. Often damage from spills happens several minutes after the spill not immediately so turning it off quickly can save your rear.

Nick

#2 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,462 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

I got another call this morning where someone had their laptop sitting on the counter and a cup of coffee was knocked over next to it.

Most laptops suck air up from underneath and blow it out the side, meaning if you have liquid that runs under it there is a good chance it will be sucked in to it. Do yourself a favor, if you leave your laptop on the kitchen counter do what I do and set it on a trivet. If you use a large one it's stable enough to easily type on still and it will help save it in the event of a spill.

If you do spill on it immediately turn it off, whether it looks OK or not and remove the battery. Then call me and I'll walk you through how to properly dry it out. Often damage from spills happens several minutes after the spill not immediately so turning it off quickly can save your rear.

Nick

Thanks Nick! By the way, do you repair cracked Ipod 3gs screens and also the Ipod touch screens? TIA!

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#3 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,283 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

Great info... I think Mrs. Jack Russell can agree to your info lol
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#4 really gone from here

really gone from here

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

Good info Nick !! They don't like beer that spilled down the keyboard either....Happened to me on one of my business trips before I retired. A couple weeks after the beer episode the screen went blue..... ^_^
*Signature Edited for Content not in Accordance with the PCOM Rules

edited by Deputy Rafe Hollister

#5 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,734 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

BSOD

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Mrs G

Mrs G

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

better yet, just keep computers off the counters or out of the kitchen.......................... :pardon: :ph34r:
Do unto others, as you'd have others do unto you!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly and Leave The Rest To God.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does!!

Helping a Neighbor in need, is a Blessing, indeed!!! 04/25/2013

#7 CPC

CPC

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Thanks Nick! By the way, do you repair cracked Ipod 3gs screens and also the Ipod touch screens? TIA!

I do, You mean iphone 3Gs right?

Good info Nick !! They don't like beer that spilled down the keyboard either....Happened to me on one of my business trips before I retired. A couple weeks after the beer episode the screen went blue..... ^_^

Years ago that happened to me, was sitting on the back porch watching soprano's one summer night, Dog jumped on on the table and knocked my beer onto the laptop. I didn't take my own advice and let it run, 5 minutes later BSOD and a dead motherboard.

#8 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,462 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

Yes, I meant the Iphone 3gs and the ipod touch. How much do you charge? Thanks !

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#9 CPC

CPC

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Sending you a PM with more info. Soon I'll be posting a full list for these repairs like I did for PC repairs.
http://paulding.com/...er-repair-costs

#10 stjohn99

stjohn99

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Sending you a PM with more info. Soon I'll be posting a full list for these repairs like I did for PC repairs.
http://paulding.com/...er-repair-costs

Can you send me the info also? We have an Ipod Touch with a cracked screen.

#11 CPC

CPC

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Done

#12 Davis

Davis

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

I have replaced the screen on an iPhone 3 twice and on an Android tablet. If interested, let me know.

I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed. - Booker T. Washington

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics