Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Baileybleu

Coots Lake

I always go to Allatoona, but sometimes it feels so far now that I moved to ridge.

My brother has a boat so I go to Allatoona many times.

I was just looking for random small stuff to do. But is this place ok to visit randomly or full of nastiness?

like should I waste my 20 bucks lol

We take our kids every summer and they have a great time. The water is not too deep but it is a good place to relax and let the kids play. It is family owned and they are very nice people.

I love coots lake. Its a nice family place, clean but not fancy just well taken care of. The only thing that bothers me is when you go in the water, it's warm.....I look at all the kids around me and the water gets just a tad bit warmer.

Hope you know what I mean. :ninja:

The Comet goes right by it. Girl and I would leave from the Rambo Trailhead and ride out to Coots Lake. Cool off in the water for a spell, then ride on back. Made for a nice afternoon . . .

If you get grossed out by lakes and creeks, its not for you. If you prefer lakes and creeks to community pools, you'll be ok. I prefer fish cooties to people cooties almost any day. Saturdays are relatively busy, but if you can go a week day during the summer, you may have the whole beach to yourself, never crowded. I didn't go last year, but before that you could stay all day for 5 bucks and get a hot dog, chips, and drink for less than $3. For less than 10 bucks for person, you're good for the day. I've never had to deal with much rudeness or rowdy kids. I like it so much better than most places as far as peace and laid-back atmosphere with nice people. The water does get warm on really hot days in the shallows, but as soon as you get a little deeper, its cool. Its the same in any lake or pool that's shallow.

The Comet goes right by it. Girl and I would leave from the Rambo Trailhead and ride out to Coots Lake. Cool off in the water for a spell, then ride on back. Made for a nice afternoon . . .

Also the Pizza Farm is close by, a day at the beach then a good meal. :yahoo:

My kid broke his leg there last summer, and they didnt give a crap about it. Saw it happen, watched me try to carry an 11 year old boy from the beach all the way to my car and never said sorry, too bad, etc.....

We will never go back and warn others not too either! JMO

I won't go back there. We went last summer and spent $25 to get in. A storm came less than 45 mins later. It was thundering & lightning and all that. They would not give us a rain check or anything. We spent $25 to swim for less than an hour. They don't HAVE to give rain checks but I thought it was pretty lame that they did not considering we were there less than an hour and spent good money.

My kid broke his leg there last summer, and they didnt give a crap about it. Saw it happen, watched me try to carry an 11 year old boy from the beach all the way to my car and never said sorry, too bad, etc.....

How in the world did your kid break his leg at Coot's Lake?

How in the world did your kid break his leg at Coot's Lake?

I was wondering the same thing. The only thing I can think of is jumping off of the platform in the deep end on top of another kid, or doing some type of weird jump and hitting the platform.

My lake days are over thanks to the killer ameoba....

Killer amoeba????!!!!!

Killer amoeba????!!!!!

They're just like any old regular amoeba, but just misunderstood, and they kill people. :blink:

I was wondering the same thing. The only thing I can think of is jumping off of the platform in the deep end on top of another kid, or doing some type of weird jump and hitting the platform.

They haven't responded yet... hmmm.

Killer amoeba????!!!!!

Killer amoeba... http://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/124690/killer_braineating_amoeba_is_a

Did someone associated with the pool break your childs leg? Why would you not go back or feel the need to 'warn' others?

My child jumped off of that stupid dock along with tons of other kids and another kid comes swimming out from underneath that dock, which scared my child and he landed on it sideways which broke it. So luckily for the other child, which was smaller, my son could have landed on him and hurt him drastically, which then they would have had 2 hurt kids on their property!

The people that own this place is careless, heartless. Yes my child took the risk, but they could have been sympathic that it happened!!!! The dock is dangerous and should not be open when the water levels are down.

Now to everyone out there that loves the place, GOOD for YOU!!!!

We will never be back!!!

• Like 1

My child jumped off of that stupid dock along with tons of other kids and another kid comes swimming out from underneath that dock, which scared my child and he landed on it sideways which broke it. So luckily for the other child, which was smaller, my son could have landed on him and hurt him drastically, which then they would have had 2 hurt kids on their property!

The people that own this place is careless, heartless. Yes my child took the risk, but they could have been sympathic that it happened!!!! The dock is dangerous and should not be open when the water levels are down.

Now to everyone out there that loves the place, GOOD for YOU!!!!

We will never be back!!!

How are they careless? You obviously let your child jump off the dock, were you not careless in letting him do it in the first place? If you knew it was dangerous and water levels were down, why did you let him do it?