3 replies to this topic

#1 Natalie-N

Natalie-N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

I just thought I'd give posting here a shot at finding a free school or community tutoring for math, or even a reasonably priced tutor that could specifically help me. I made it through College Algebra with a B, but I can't say I retained or understood it well. I've struggled with math since I can remember, but I think I could get it if I had more time than the allotted class schedule. So, that's why I'm trying to find somewhere or someone that might have some information on this topic. I have all of my college algebra material and the precalc book that I'm planning on taking this summer semester. I'm wanting to have a decent grasp on it before I go into it so I'm trying to start as soon as possible.

If you can help, offer tutoring, or know anywhere that does, please let me know via email nna528 @ gmail.com or 678.708.9148

-----------
-Natalie-
-----------

#2 PCHSmom

PCHSmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

khanacademy.org has free videos on a host of different topics.

If you are in school, the student center usually has a list of tutors.

#3 Natalie-N

Natalie-N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for the site, checking it out. And yes, I'm in school at Southern Polytechnic in Marietta but I was just trying to see if there were any kind of tutoring/tutors nearby here in Dallas. I'll definitely be going if I can't find another way though. Thanks!

#4 Marteen-J

Marteen-J

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Alot of the colleges offering the online math courses use a video system from Thinkwell. While the thinkwell math video series does cost some money, their instructor is Professor Edward Burger, from Williams College and you can search for his free videos online, you tube, etc.

He is very good at explaining calculus and trig, etc. Worth watching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics