20 replies to this topic

#1 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Any word yet? I am getting nrevous as to a coach for the season. If you hear anything do tell!:unsure:
Men are like carpets,the better you lay them the longer you can walk on them.

#2 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

My son is on the team, and he hasn't heard anything, as of yet. :)
"When life throws you lemons, make lemonade"

#3 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Not yet, soon. Be patient :good:
  • P.C. Shopper likes this
Posted Image

#4 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

Not yet, soon. Be patient :good:

GOOD things come to those who wait. And our boys deserve NOTHING but the BEST :drinks: .

However, the new coach will have big shoes to fill!:rolleyes:
"When life throws you lemons, make lemonade"

#5 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

GOOD things come to those who wait. And our boys deserve NOTHING but the BEST :drinks: .

However, the new coach will have big shoes to fill!:rolleyes:

I think the world of the coaches at East. But personally, I hope the new coach has his own shoes. I hope he is better than Coach Reid was. I hope he has greater success and takes the boys even farther.
  • D-Cinco, P.C. Shopper, Dana and 1 other like this
Posted Image

#6 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

I love Raider football,the spirit is electric. The people I meet and sit with at the games have been so nice.The whole program is headed for big things. I just dont want it to stall.:clapping:

#7 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

Iknow exactly what you mean, too many people care about the boys to let that happen. We will have a new head coach very soon. :good:
Posted Image

#8 D-Cinco

D-Cinco

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Upcoming freshmen are faithfully attending weight training sessions every Tuesday and Thursday. I pick my son up from Moses and go straight there. These guys are excited about the upcoming season and that's half the battle right there. I hope they do get someone in soon so the older boys can get going with what needs to be done.

#9 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

I feel the torch needed to be passed,coach Reid got us into the play offs and that's it. Now we need a coach that can carry us to the dome & state. We have the talent now we need the next level of coaching.:clapping:

#10 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

I know what you mean, but I still really hate losing him. It broke my heart about Coach Bragg & Coach Stready. They are such great men, it will take a special person to move this family forward and I believe we will end up with the right man!
Posted Image

#11 Orwell

Orwell

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

I think the world of the coaches at East. But personally, I hope the new coach has his own shoes. I hope he is better than Coach Reid was. I hope he has greater success and takes the boys even farther.

Very tough to match-up with Reid.

#12 whatzup?

whatzup?

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

It is really disheartening to hear/read anything negative about Coach Reid. How many times had East been to the playoffs at all before he came to East? Actually how many games each season did the team win?
  • Palm Trees Rock likes this

#13 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

It is really disheartening to hear/read anything negative about Coach Reid. How many times had East been to the playoffs at all before he came to East? Actually how many games each season did the team win?

I have nothing bad at all to say about him, I have always respected the man and everything he has done for the Raider family. I believe that whoever gets the job should not be expected to fill CoAch Reid's shoes, I hope he's better, in my opinion it would mean he is a helluva coach.
Posted Image

#14 lawlady

lawlady

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

You don't know how right you are. To really understand, you probably had to have a son play football prior to Coach Reid coming to East. I did have a son play back then and it was heartbreaking for him, all his teammates and the parents. What a joke football used to be at East. I have said it before and I will keep on saying it, Coach Reid brought back pride to the teams and the school! I know many did not agree with everything Coach Reid did or didn't do, but one coach cannot please everyone and he was mountains ahead of the other coach that was there for many years. For the previous coach, the coaching was horrible to say the least and he always managed to blame the boys for the disasters he called football games which absolutely killed any self esteem the boys had.

#15 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

Very tough to match-up with Reid.

that's just it, we don't need a match-up, we need more. Reid and his entire staff are outstanding coaches. They worked so hard put in so many hours for the boys, I know this first hand. I have nothing negative to say about them. I just want more for my boys, for this program. I believe Jon Lindsey could be the guy for the job. I've heard great things about him and I bet he'll make a great fit to the family. This is not about how great Coach Reid is, it's about what the boys need. That's all that matters to me. :good:
Posted Image

#16 Orwell

Orwell

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Has anyone thought that Reid got the most that can be gotten from the boys?
There are limits to what can be done in this county. The resources and financing are limited.

Every team can't be on top.

#17 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

I personally don't believe that at all, this county has tremendous talent. Every single school! The coaching makes the difference.
Posted Image

#18 Jet_man1969

Jet_man1969

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

I personally don't believe that at all, this county has tremendous talent. Every single school! The coaching makes the difference.

I agree! The county's biggest issue is having to compete with a county that only has 1 high school, That county's BOA can set the high school coaches salary at what ever it can afford (or takes) to attract top notch coaching, I have a feeling this is how Tift got Reid, But I'm just speculating :drinks: How much longer do we have till the season starts? I am ready!

#19 Amontillado

Amontillado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

I agree! The county's biggest issue is having to compete with a county that only has 1 high school, That county's BOA can set the high school coaches salary at what ever it can afford (or takes) to attract top notch coaching, I have a feeling this is how Tift got Reid, But I'm just speculating :drinks: How much longer do we have till the season starts? I am ready!

While any school system can set salary (above the state salary if they choose to) and coaching supplements, most of the time it is the booster club or touchdown club that can really bump the coach's salary up. In the south Georgia counties, it is not unusual for the booster club to pay a huge supplement to the head coach and in some cases, they get free leases on pick up trucks, etc.

#20 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

I would donate to a good coach.:unsure:

#21 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

that first game is gonna be a real slugfest, cannot wait! :rofl:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics