25 replies to this topic

#1 PCHSmom

PCHSmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:31 AM

My son told me that they have a new athletic director at PCHS. I thought they just got a new one this fall? Why didn't he stay?

#2 whatzup?

whatzup?

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

My son told me that they have a new athletic director at PCHS. I thought they just got a new one this fall? Why didn't he stay?

The one that was new in the fall went to East Paulding High. I think it was by his choice.

#3 PCHSmom

PCHSmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

But I heard the new athletic director is a woman. I thought they couldn't do that.

#4 bookreader

bookreader

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

But I heard the new athletic director is a woman. I thought they couldn't do that.

I hope you are kidding on this.;..why could a woman not be an athletic director? Just because it has taken Paulding till 2012 to figure out that there are qualified females for this job....other districts (and even some colleges) have females as their athletic directors.

I for one am glad that the principal chose someone who he thought was qualified with no regard for the gender. I wish her well and hope she does a kick butt job!

#5 Orwell

Orwell

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Why not?

#6 Veritas

Veritas

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Someone's in the mood for gossip... =@

#7 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Someone's in the mood for gossip... =@

It's not gossip if it's true. And it is true.
Posted Image

#8 whatzup?

whatzup?

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

yes it is true that the athletic director that was only at PCHS for the fall is now at East. Its true that its not gossip its a fact.
  • RaidersRock likes this

#9 Vote Democrat

Vote Democrat

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

I was thrilled last year when I heard McAllister left PCHS to go to South Paulding.

Edited by Angel Eyes, 05 February 2012 - 01:55 PM.

• CrazyD likes this
"I think we agree, the past is over."
George W. Bush

#10 Amontillado

Amontillado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

I was thrilled last year when I heard McAllister left PCHS to go to South Paulding.

Yes, now that you mention it, I seem to remember expressing some degree of dissatisfaction on that front. ABOUT 100,000 TIMES!!!!!!!

You got what you wanted. New Principal, new Athletic Director (and now it seems an even NEWER Athletic Director). This post was about the current Athletic Director. There was absolutely no need to bring Mr. McAllister back into the conversation. Again, you got what you wanted.......let it goooooooooooo.
  • icare, gog8tors and bookreader like this

#11 TwoKidCircus

TwoKidCircus

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

I think it was more that the poster stated that a lady could not be an AD.....

#12 Veritas

Veritas

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

I think it was more that the poster stated that a lady could not be an AD.....

Actually it was because the OP wanted to know WHY the AD didn't stay--something that is no one else's business, and will only result in speculation, i.e., gossip.

#13 2witty4u

2witty4u

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

Why? He seems to be doing a great job at South. But im confused, on the website it has him listed as Assistant Principal....

#14 MillCreek

MillCreek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,377 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Why? He seems to be doing a great job at South. But im confused, on the website it has him listed as Assistant Principal....

I like McAllister -- have indirectly worked around him -- no problems, haven't heard anything negative about him, from anyone at South....

#15 Vote Democrat

Vote Democrat

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

I like McAllister -- have indirectly worked around him -- no problems, haven't heard anything negative about him, from anyone at South....

When he was at PCHS, the athletic fields and facilities were neglected, restrooms out of service, fields needing to be cut, right during the middle of baseball season. Simple things like that often took weeks to get straightened out. Some of the Boosters simply couldn't deal with him because he was such a jerk. I'm glad he's gone from PCHS.
  • CrazyD likes this
George W. Bush

#16 mysterious

mysterious

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

It amazes me how many parents are more concerned about the athletic departments instead of the educational instruction in our county.
  • icare, bookreader and Greatma like this
ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD.

#17 Vote Democrat

Vote Democrat

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

It amazes me how many parents are more concerned about the athletic departments instead of the educational instruction in our county.

Speaking of educational instruction...while McAllister was Assistant Principal, PCHS was dead last in the county in test scores...
  • CrazyD likes this
George W. Bush

#18 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

When he was at PCHS, the athletic fields and facilities were neglected, restrooms out of service, fields needing to be cut, right during the middle of baseball season. Simple things like that often took weeks to get straightened out. Some of the Boosters simply couldn't deal with him because he was such a jerk. I'm glad he's gone from PCHS.

When did YOU volunteer to mow, or help take care of the fields? Did you ask if there were something YOU could do? In short what have YOU done?

As part of the Patriot nation I would appreciate it if you would let it go. There are many of us who are busting our tails to make our children's experience enjoyable. We are also working on bringing back THE PCHS Patriots. Let it go.

Your work place has gotten better, because these men are elsewhere. You have no need to be concerned with them. Yes, I know you are a teacher, and I hope you are not there when my DS gets to THE Paulding County High School.
  • bookreader likes this

#19 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Speaking of educational instruction...while McAllister was Assistant Principal, PCHS was dead last in the county in test scores...

So, it was Mr. McAllister who was taking all the classes? It was Mr. McAllister that is the parent of all the students? When does the student take responsibility? When do the parents take responsibility?

I know that my student is responsable for his grades. I know my responsibility as his parent is to make sure that he does what he is expected to do.

#20 2witty4u

2witty4u

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Well don't have to worry about that at South, that baseball field is well taken care of. They spend lots of tiime and money of it

#21 MillCreek

MillCreek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,377 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Well don't have to worry about that at South, that baseball field is well taken care of. They spend lots of tiime and money of it

Same way with football....no problem there....

#22 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

And, your PARENTS volunteer their time. I'll bet even some of your TEACHERS do too.

#23 2witty4u

2witty4u

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

And, your PARENTS volunteer their time. I'll bet even some of your TEACHERS do too.

Yes, Parents are always up there working on that field. Anything they need, it will be taken care of.

#24 MillCreek

MillCreek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,377 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

Yes, Parents are always up there working on that field. Anything they need, it will be taken care of.

I can't say I know 2witty4u in real life, but I totally agree with their posts, here, about South -- I handle the football website for South, and have gotten to know the coaches (and AD McAllister) and a lot of the players, and parents....while we don't live in a perfect world, I am very pleased with what I have seen at South....

#25 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

I can't say I know 2witty4u in real life, but I totally agree with their posts, here, about South -- I handle the football website for South, and have gotten to know the coaches (and AD McAllister) and a lot of the players, and parents....while we don't live in a perfect world, I am very pleased with what I have seen at South....

I know some of the SPHS parents, and I know they are good people. Your pictures are great. Thank you for the ones from the Christmas parade. I finally put mine on the computer yesterday (yea, I know "slacker") probably what coach is thinking too. :blush: :lol:
We at PCHS are rebuilding, and I see our parents involved too. We had a great season last year, and we are looking forward to an even better season this year!!

I just hate that someone like AE keeps putting down our program. It's also sad when you hate your job so much, I feel really sad for them.

#26 MillCreek

MillCreek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,377 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

I know some of the SPHS parents, and I know they are good people. Your pictures are great. Thank you for the ones from the Christmas parade. I finally put mine on the computer yesterday (yea, I know "slacker") probably what coach is thinking too. :blush: :lol:
We at PCHS are rebuilding, and I see our parents involved too. We had a great season last year, and we are looking forward to an even better season this year!!

I just hate that someone like AE keeps putting down our program. It's also sad when you hate your job so much, I feel really sad for them.

Most folks know PCHS is in the rebuilding stages, and are supportive of that....it's one of those things that take time, but I'm glad to see that you and others are working on it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics