Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Gipper Girl Rocks

All the Pcom ladies who said they were sick during

talk to me, please :bad: .

I'm now into the 3rd trimester and am 29 weeks. I am still throwing up almost everyday. My dr has prescribed Phenergan and it helps a lot. But, it's like she doesnt want to

prescribe it even though they all say (my dr's)that its okay during pregnancy.

I have been in and out of the ER and spent a couple sweeks total in the hospital and most of it is due to me being sick so often and not being able to hold anything down.

I am still anemic but my iron is MUCH better than it was.

My next dr's appt isnt until next week and I really think if I call and ask for a refill, she will give me a hard time. You'd think I was asking for narcotics.

Some of you said you were sick until you delivered. Anything you can tell me that may help is very much appreciated.

I'm sorry I can't give you any advice and I'm so sorry you've been sick all this time. I hope things get better for you soon. None of my pregnancies were like that, maybe because I had all boys?

I'm now into the 3rd trimester and am 29 weeks. I am still throwing up almost everyday. My dr has prescribed Phenergan and it helps a lot. But, it's like she doesnt want to

I have been in and out of the ER and spent a couple sweeks total in the hospital and most of it is due to me being sick so often and not being able to hold anything down.

My next dr's appt isnt until next week and I really think if I call and ask for a refill, she will give me a hard time. You'd think I was asking for narcotics.

Some of you said you were sick until you delivered. Anything you can tell me that may help is very much appreciated.

dd has been on dissolvable zofran. it seems to help. they also have pumps that will put the medicine in all day. kind of like an insulin pump for diabetics. dd almost had to get one of those bc she kept losing too much weight from being so sick all the time. it seems to have gotten a little better as long as she snacks throughout the day and doesn't allow herself to get hungry

Weirdly, sniffing lemons helped me a lot. I used to carry a sliced lemon in a plastic bag, and every now and then I'd just stick my nose in a take a big old whiff. I don't know why it helped, but it did.

Try some natural remedies.

Two that I think are great are Chewable Papaya and Ginger.

Both can be purchased at GNC.

I loved the Papaya when I was pregnant and still use it if I have stomach issues. It is kinda like a natural Pepto Bismal.

Phenergan is an FDA pregnancy category C.

That may be why your doctor is reluctant about giving it to you.

I was never sick with either of mine, so I can't imagine being sick the whole time.

Hope it gets better.

I will suggest this........

I use Phenergan for nausea (stomach issues, long story), but I use the suppositories and the relief is immediate. If you do get an Rx for Phenergan you might want to try the suppositories. They work quick!

I couldn't do prenatal vitamins with any of my pregnacies. The pills made me very sick. Zofran was my BFF with my last pregnancy. I was very sick. I found that tea also helped with sickness.

I had to do prenatals at night before bed, with crackers.

Otherwise I was so sick. Other than a few moments early on, I didn't have any issues.

Edited by MrsB

I had to do prenatals at night before bed, with crackers.

Otherwise I was so sick. Other than a few moments early on, I didn't have any issues.

ME too.............took those horse pills at night!

Keep a pack of crackers by the bed.

Eat a few before you ever set one foot out the bed.

My mother said the SAME thing with all 6 of her pregnancies!

Zofran is an FDA pregnancy category B so it's safer, but it doesn't even begin to touch the nausea I have.

I'm the same way. I probably should have mentioned that I have been on Zolfran and it does work but not all the time and is no where near as effective. Prenergan works fast and always keeps me from getting sick.

I've been on kids gummi vitamins since my first dr's visit months ago when we were first trying to lessen the nausea. Ginger has helped and I use it a lot but nothing keeps me from getting sick at least once a day, and its usually more(except Penergan).

I'm beyond the getting sick b/c I'm hungry, I think, anyway. Because, I can be full and have only finished eating 10-20 mins and get sick with NO warning. I can wake up hungry and get sick or wake up, eat, feel fine and then get sick an hour later.

I've had absolutely no other stomach or digestive issues, not even heartburn, reflux, etc. Which is why I've been at a loss as to how to make this any better.

I do eat what sounds good and I eat healthy but so much of it never makes it into my system. I just finished a months worth of weekly iron and blood infusion treatments b/c I was so anemic and I do feel better. I'm just really afraid that I'll end up right back where I started if this goes on much longer.

I only have a few weeks left and could deal with being sick but I'm worried about the other problems it can cause.

I appreciate your kind words and your advice. I am taking it all to heart. Believe me, I would do about anything at this point to feel better.

Good luck, I hope you feel better

Thank you. I know I'll be over this before May, no matter what!:pardon: :)

I'm sorry I can't give you any advice and I'm so sorry you've been sick all this time. I hope things get better for you soon. None of my pregnancies were like that, maybe because I had all boys?

Thank you, Sugail. I was only sick the first few weeks with my son and since this is a girl, it DOES make you wonder. I shouldnt be complaining. It's not horrible and I can certainly deal with it a little longer. I just want to be as healthy as I can be for my family and for myself.

Mimi will be worth it all. Although, I will remind her when shes a teen and saying things about how I am out to ruin her social life, about all this...:nea: :huh: ^_^ .

I'm the same way. I probably should have mentioned that I have been on Zolfran and it does work but not all the time and is no where near as effective. Prenergan works fast and always keeps me from getting sick.

I will say this:

My neck surgery was in November.........I'm in the holding cell getting ready for surgery, right? The doc comes in and I tell him anesthesia makes me very sick. Make sure I get some phenergan. I have 2, not 1, but 2 anesthesiologist. They each come in seperately and I tell them the same thing. Ok, no problem.

Guess who's sick as a dog waking up from surgery? Did they give me phenergan? No, they gave me Zofran.........

G*%d#@*t I told you phenergan, Zofran won't work. Give me some Phenergan......Well, they have to call the doctor......we're into night fall, and I'm sick all night.

Finally Thursday morning they get the doc and he orders phenergan......but in the meantime my husband brought me my own phenergan because they just don't get it!! I finally got a shot of phenergan Thursday morning and the nurse said they would have to call to get more.

I told her don't bother, I have plenty!!

• Like 1

I went through 9 months of morning sickness. Phenergran didn't help, zolphran didn't help, not even the old home remedies. I spent more than my fair share of timein the ER getting IV fluids. In the end, I Knew exactly when I would actually throw up. I kept small trash bags in my car so I could pull over when driving and at work. I found a protein shake that I could hold down (when mixed w decaf coffee), and I had a very bland diet. I was so bad that brushing my teeth would make me sick, I would brush twice, throw up twice, and then rinse with mint listerine. I can tell you that the morning sickness disappeared as soon as the princess was born.

• Like 1

Granny Smith apples. I was sick for 7 months with my daughter.

I was on the Phenergan suppositories too and they helped but would make me

drowsy.

Something about the tart tang of the apples settled my stomach.

I have to disagree with the "boys" part. I had 4 of them and I was sick all day all 9 months with all 4 of them.

In 4 pregnancies, I gained a total of 11 lbs. and 8 of those was with my fourth son. I developed pre-eclampsia and my kidneys started failing - that is why I gained the 8 lbs.

I was very afraid there would be something wrong with my babies because of my sickness, but they are all wonderfully healthy.

I really think it just depends on your hormones and all that technical stuff.

• Like 1

... I've had absolutely no other stomach or digestive issues, not even heartburn, reflux, etc. Which is why I've been at a loss as to how to make this any better....

Have the baby. :pardon:

I don't mean to be flip, but some women just have issues - and not always with all their pregnancies, but maybe just one. Carrying a child is a balancing act at the best of times. My sister had a pretty easy first pregnancy, but her hormones went completely out of whack with her second and she took *forever* to get back to something that resembled normal. Both children were boys. I have a friend who swears she never had a moment of morning sickness with either of her sons and had very easy deliveries, too. OTOH, she went through menopause in her mid-thirties. :o

Good luck with the rest of your preg time - I hope you can figure something out to get some relief!

• Like 1

Hang in there! I was one of those mommies too!!!!!

I used Chiropractic (of course) and reflexology.....

You are on the home stretch!!! I will be praying for you!

• Like 1

I cracked up about smelling the lemon,I carried a bottle of Texas Pete hot sauce around.

I was going to suggest you experiment with different smells at one of the big candy stores, if one calms your stomach you might try sucking on it all day.

Be careful with taking nausea meds and this is why and any other meds.

It is sometimes hard to tell if drugs will hurt a fetus, if it happens something is you will always wonder.

I am sorry you are so sick, hang in there.

• Like 1

An old wives tale I heard was you are more sick with a girl than a boy. Now I can't say if it is true since I have all girls. And yes, I was sick with all of them. Especially the last one.

• Like 1

thanks everybody for your advice and kind words for me :wub: .

It's funny that a couple of you say to "just HAVE the baby!" b/c thats what I've been thinking :pardon: . But, I feel too guilty to really hope for that. I want what is best for her, not me. None of this isgoing to kill me as long as I keep doing everything I can do and just make it a few more weeks.

It's interesting and funny to see how different everyones pregnancy is and what helped them through their sick moments. There is certainly no "how to" book on that subject...sort of like raising children-everybody is given a different set of circumstances and we are always trying to figure it out along the way.:wub:

I am going to call my doctor tomorrow and ask for more Zolfran. Its the least dangerous and it did work for me just not as well. But, anything that will take the edge off is good right now. I think if I take it on a schedule and not just when I feel sick, I will have better success with it.

A

Ask for Zofran, it works better than Phenergan without the woosiness it can cause. You put it under your tongue and let it melt and it usually works quickly. I hope you feel better!!

• Like 1

I was sick the entire pregnancy with my first. The prenatal vitamins made me sick cause I never threw up until I started taking those. The 'morning sickness' started literally the next day after I started the vitamans everytime. Plus I was severely anemic the entire time as well and lost weight up until around my 33rd week. The second pregnancy, I was sick til I was about halfway thru the 2nd trimester, and my 3rd child I was sick up until around 20 weeks, so it got better with each pregnancy. I was really anemic every time though. My iron levels were really low so I was really tired the whole 9 months.

Edited by Jaydensmommy

I was sick the entire pregnancy with my first. The prenatal vitamins made me sick cause I never threw up until I started taking those. The 'morning sickness' started literally the next day after I started the vitamans everytime. Plus I was severely anemic the entire time as well and lost weight up until around my 33rd week. The second pregnancy, I was sick til I was about halfway thru the 2nd trimester, and my 3rd child I was sick up until around 20 weeks, so it got better with each pregnancy. I was really anemic every time though. My iron levels were really low so I was really tired the whole 9 months.

Wow :o . I can identify. The anemia has really depleted a lot of the energy I think I would have had. But, I have been getting 4 hours of iron and blood infusion treatments once a week and I can tell a difference for the better. I just worry when I get sick more than once in a day and it goes on for 3-4 days that way, that I will end up back in the hospital again.

This is my second and it WILL be the LAST! Aint NOOOOO way I can or want to do this again!:blink: I love little baby Mimi already soooo much but being pregnant stinks.

Im glad your got better, at least somewhat, as you went but you are braver than I to have had 3.;) :D

A

Ask for Zofran, it works better than Phenergan without the woosiness it can cause. You put it under your tongue and let it melt and it usually works quickly. I hope you feel better!!

I am going to call and ask to refill my Zolfran in the am. I have used it some but it only helps me if I take it on a schedule which I can do if they will write me enough of them to last awhile. If I wait until I feel sick, its too late and doesnt work at all. Phenergan is the only thing that works within 2-4 minutes. I've never gotten sick after popping one really quick but its not as safe as Zolfran.

Thank you for your kind words :wub: . I shouldnt be whining. Its only temporary and she is so worth it. I have alwasy just HATED throwing up :bad: more than almost anything.

Have you tried mints? Those helped me a bit....and allowing myself to get chilled.

I can understand the hopelessness you probably feel.

I took Phenergan up until the day I delivered! It was my miracle drug! I got to where I only had to take it before bed, then I was good the whole next day. The prenatal vitamins make me SO sick. I finally got some of the prenatal gummies. They don't have iron in them, so I took a separate iron pill at my discretion. (the iron pills made me sick too). Other than that, I drank LOTS of gingerale. I also ate alot of apples.--that was really the only craving I had!

Hope you start feeling human again soon!

• Like 1

I am an expectant great-grandfather , AGG!

Feb. 12 is when my baby is due.The dog is my granddaughter's baby.

429344_2975161293635_1099890106_33151550_1490484484_n.jpg

Im so happy for you, Postman! Keep me updated and send pics!:wub: :wub: :wub: