Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mark0732

I know none of you do this

I know none of you throw trash out of your car windows because if you are on this site, you care about Paulding County. Why do some people do this and contribute to BLIGHT and DECREASED PROPERTY VALUES? Drive to other counties north of Atlanta and you will see a few cans or bottles here and there but not the mound of trash accumulating on our roadsides. As for me, I have started to pick up what I can near my house. If others set the example, then maybe it will catch on. It is not someone else's problem. It affects all of us! Let me know what you think.

Edited by Mark0732

I agree.

I will say that we are guilty of throwing edible items out the window tho.

Sometimes we eat apples or other food while driving and we will "drop" them out of the car so that the animals can eat what we don't want.

Sorry if that offends some of you but I will admit to it.

• Like 2

I don't toss trash but I do pick up a lot of it around my property & my neighbors .... AAARRRGGGHHHH!

People just need to keep their trash in their car until they get home or the next time they fill up.

• Like 2

I NEVER throw trash out my window or leave it anywhere. Never have even once. It is a huge peeve of mine when people do this and I just dont get it. It is so direspectful of others and just plain lazy.

I pick up any trash that is around my property(mostly blown from neighbors trash bins during the week). I also have my 2 step-daughters go with me when needed to pick up trash along the subdivision road, mostly after holidays when the trash company didnt run.

I have good neighbors but they all work and arent home a lot so its our way of doing something nice for them and they are always appreciative.

• Like 1

I agree.

Sometimes we eat apples or other food while driving and we will "drop" them out of the car so that the animals can eat what we don't want.

It's no problem at all throwing bio-degradable items like banana peels, apple cores, etc. as long as your kids are taught the difference. Thanks for your post.

It's no problem at all throwing bio-degradable items like banana peels, apple cores, etc. as long as your kids are taught the difference. Thanks for your post.

I meant to say that, too. I always throw out my over ripe fruit or leftover fruit pieces, peel, skin to the birds. Anything bio-degradable is not really trash in this case.

I agree.

We do too. We live on what we call a cut through street. Anyway we are always picking up trash that has been thrown out. Might be something for a community project.............might have to think about that.

Absolutely not. Just because it is bio-degradable does not mean it is not trash. Trash is trash. Put it where it belongs.

I, for one, am sick of picking up banana peels and other trash off my front yard.

Absolutely not. Just because it is bio-degradable does not mean it is not trash. Trash is trash. Put it where it belongs.

I, for one, am sick of picking up banana peels and other trash off my front yard.

^ agree.

bio-degradable banana peels or apple cores are great when placed in my compost pile, not along my road frontage ... not to mention the dead squirels or chipmonks or cats or dogs or deer or birds who try to get the "fresh peels" and ruin someone's car when they get hit.

• Like 1

^ agree.

bio-degradable banana peels or apple cores are great when placed in my compost pile, not along my road frontage ... not to mention the dead squirels or chipmonks or cats or dogs or deer or birds who try to get the "fresh peels" and ruin someone's car when they get hit.

You have a great point. I'm headed out for my walk. Every day I go walking I bring a trash bag with me. I'm often surprised by the amount of beer cans and liquor bottles. Wish the cops could dust them for fingerprints and nab the culprits for littering, open container, and drunk driving.

When we walk we carry grocery bags. We can fill two bags almost every day. That's disgusting. More disgusting is the deer carcass that some asshat dumps in our cul de sac every fall. The chain gang cleans the highway and two days later it looks like a dump. Maybe if they started actually handing out fines this would stop.

• Like 1

I remember living in other communities and being a part of an "adopt a road" project. Our orginizaton kept a particular stretch of road clean....once a month we went out with bags.

Many of the more scenic areas were adopted.

• Like 1

I remember living in other communities and being a part of an "adopt a road" project. Our orginizaton kept a particular stretch of road clean....once a month we went out with bags.

If you went out only once a month around here you would need a bulldozer and a dump truck.

Any potential solution like this would help if businesses, government and citizens all band together, it could all make a difference.

I wonder how you could get this need on the list so that people working off a court fine could pick up road litter.

Also, people seeking community service for school, church, or scouting credits could pick up road litter.

I have removed about 12 garbage bags of litter over the last four years.

It's really a disgrace. Most of it is fast food junk, sodas and empty beer cans.

• Like 1

Let me clarify what I posted. Never do we toss these things in someone's front yard.