Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
AustinPlantation

Canceled Satellite and they want me to go up on the rool

I discontinued DISH and they sent me a box to put the receiver in and send it back for $15, no problem.

What they didn't say on the phone was that I also had to go up on the roof and send back the thing called a LDPE which is attached to the satellite dish. they didn't want the DISH back, said i could do what I wanted with it.

Anyone else go though that?

They told us the same thing last year. I told them if they wanted it, they could climb up to where the moron installer put it.

• Like 2

I have heard of people calling them and telling them that it is too dangerous to climb onto the roof and get the LNB. Tell them that this is why you paid THEM to professionally install it and if they want it they can come and get it. I have never heard of them charging for the LNB after that discussion, but your mileage may vary.

I would NOT just fail to return it without calling them first.

I didn't have to do that when I cancelled DISH a few years ago.

me either....nor did I have to send them back the receiver. I still have all that stuff in the basement

that is crazy and VERY bad service. Dont do it. Tell them to get it themselves. What are they gonna do? Cancel your service?:pardon: ^_^

They do have my Credit Card #. And, I can't call them any longer. Their 800#s recognize me as a suspended account and only offer 2 choices, re-up or pay your final bill. I had to do a on-line chat at their website to even talk to them, but the offers to re-subscribe keep coming.

If anyone has it and wants a better deal, tell them you are cancelling.

that is crazy and VERY bad service. Dont do it. Tell them to get it themselves. What are they gonna do? Cancel your service?:pardon: ^_^

They do have my Credit Card #. And, I can't call them any longer. Their 800#s recognize me as a suspended account and only offer 2 choices, re-up or pay your final bill. I had to do a on-line chat at their website to even talk to them, but the offers to re-subscribe keep coming.

If anyone has it and wants a better deal, tell them you are cancelling.

call from a friends phone. or a family member.

• Like 1

Also curious who you are switching to. We have Comcast and tell you their cable is worse than satellite reception half the time. Have been told of Uverse and Direct TV, but have been told they are no better in our neck of the woods. Wish we could get Charter like Polk Cnty. Very awesome rewards system for paying bill on time and for being a customer.

Went to U-verse and found it to be pretty good for their TV service and Internet service, but their U-verse home phone service has problems and I intend to drop that for some other over the web service. Recording 4 HD shows at once is a biggie. setting up toe screen sizes on my TV was the only initial problem. Oh, and make sure the U-verse installer doesn't remove the chip from your sattelite box, which has to be returned to dish --- i think he may have. Also, U-verse desn't offer as much free premium service, such as movies, as DISH.

Just curious as to whom you've switched to. We are thinking of giving up dish as well and going with AT&T Uverse.