Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
200 Images Photography

Credit Report

Each year we get our credit reports sent to us so that we can look over them. So today my husband was looking over them and WellStar had pulled my credit 3 times. Are insurance companies allowed to pull your credit when you have insurance? I would appreciate any information.

Wellstar is a business/hospital/medical group, not an insurance company.

Anyway, most any company with a "legitimate" business need can pull your credit report. Since "legitimate business need" is a fuzzy term, that means most anyone with an account can pay for a report at the credit reporting companies.

It's not unusual for a hospital or medical practice to pull your report before admission or surgery. That might explain it.

Jetsamom is right. Any account holder can pull your report for just about any reason. As long as it is a legitimate business like Wellstar, I wouldn't worry too much. The thing to really look for is who shows you with an open account and who has made entries.

As for insurance companies, mine pulls my report every year and if I request a major change.

It's not unusual for a hospital or medical practice to pull your report before admission or surgery. That might explain it.

Jetsamom is right. Any account holder can pull your report for just about any reason. As long as it is a legitimate business like Wellstar, I wouldn't worry too much. The thing to really look for is who shows you with an open account and who has made entries.

As for insurance companies, mine pulls my report every year and if I request a major change.

Thanks for the info I won't worry, I appreciate it.