Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
lotstodo

Report: Plantiff to win default judgement in Obama citizenship case

The plaintiff in the Obama citizenship case in Atlanta has announced that the judge has indicated that he will issue a default judgement in their favor. The announcement follows:

From Carl Swensson, Plaintiff:

To all my friends in battle,

The Judge pulled the lawyers for the three cases into chambers before it all began and advised them that he would be issuing a default judgment in our favor, since the Defense council failed to show, and wanted to end it there. We argued that all the evidence needed to be entered in to record so the Judge allowed for a speedy hearing where all evidence was entered into the court record. What that means is this… Any appeal, if one is even possible, would be based on the evidence provided by the lawyers in each case. Both Van Irion and My lawyer, Mark Hatfield made certain that our cases and evidence in those two cases would be closed so as not to be affiliated, in any way, with “Birther” Orly Taitz. As expected, she was an embarrassment.

Now we’re merely awaiting the publishing of this Judge’s ruling which, as previously stated, will be a Default Judgment.

In other words…we won. Now it’s time for the rest of the States to take my lead and duplicate this effort.

It appears that the next stop is the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

I can't believe that a judge would even hear the case....

Wait this is Georgia....... never mind....

Wasn't Georgia a dry state less then a dozen years ago?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also thought you could not sue a sitting president? That all law suits were put on hold until after the presidency?

Wait this is Georgia .... never mind

• Like 2

I also thought you could not sue a sitting president? That all law suits were put on hold until after the presidency?

The dangers of inbreeding. :rolleyes:

Nothing will come of it.

But it's really entertaining watching the Obama-bots whine and complain. I gotta stock up on popcorn. :rofl:

• Like 2

The "ANYONE BUT OBAMA" voters scare me more than the Obama supporters.

Greatest statement i have heard in 2012 so far.

Nothing will come of it.

But it's really entertaining watching the Obama-bots whine and complain. I gotta stock up on popcorn. :rofl:

No. What's really enteraining is watching the blow hards continue to perpetuate this nonsense. Don't we have some real issues to concentrate on?

This is just smoke and mirrors. Brought to the front by people looking for their 15 of fame.

Disappointing that a court just didn't make it go away. Makes the state look bad, really bad.

I think I'm going to have to move to Alabama because I don't think I want to tell anyone I'm from Georgia anymore, where even the judges are backwards. And for the record, I'm not an Obama-bot, whatever the He!! that is.

Well, I just wanted to mention that Obama could have kept this from ever becoming an issue if he would have just been forthcoming to begin with. His actions gave the appearance that he was hiding something or being deceptive, and that fueled the fire.

So blame him too while you're criticizing everyone else.

• Like 7

Why Obama would even lower himself to answer such silly nonsense is beyond me. Anyone who even thinks he should ever have to even answer such a charge is quite ignorant. Wasting taxpayer money on this is not just bad form, it is totally asinine. His mother was an American. He was born in HA. He released the birth certificate. Let's stop with the childish things and move on to addressing real problems.

• Like 2

It's pretty obvious that his legal team screwed the pooch. They knew that there is no executive privilege when it comes to answering a subpoena, state or otherwise, yet that was their argument. In fact they showed up in court twice. They could have simply argued that he had satisfied higher courts that he met the requirements which would have probably led to a dismissal at the first hearing, but they didn't. They knew that failure to appear in this hearing would necessarily result in a default judgement, yet they intentionally failed to appear. You have to ask yourself if the President's legal team is really that stupid. Then you have to ask yourself who will benefit from exactly the kind of talk we see here in this thread.

• Like 1

Well, I just wanted to mention that Obama could have kept this from ever becoming an issue if he would have just been forthcoming to begin with. His actions gave the appearance that he was hiding something or being deceptive, and that fueled the fire.

So blame him too while you're criticizing everyone else.

It was a issue as soon as people found out his father was not a citizen, and you know it. Grasping at straws. Any piece of mud that they could think of.....and you know that too.

I am not criticizing jack....I am simply expressing disappointment.

But nice attempt on a ugly spin.

Lemme try a different perspective.

I'm going out of the country this spring so I needed a passport (true story). So I went to the Powder Springs post office 2 weeks ago and applied. I showed my birth certificate, actually a certified copy of the original, right up front; and the passport arrived in the mail today. Nice and smooth, no problems or questions.

Someone please tell me why the person we entrust with the keys to our nuclear arsenal should be required to do any less than I did? Had he produced the dang thing when questions first arose, all this suspicion would have never been, The man played this very foolishly, and he deserves much of the responsibility for it.

It was a issue as soon as people found out his father was not a citizen, and you know it. Grasping at straws. Any piece of mud that they could think of.....and you know that too.

And THAT is when he should have cleared it up...right then and there with an actual copy, not a certificate of live birth that is used in Hawaii (among other reasons) as an ID for people who were born out of the country,.

This is no spin, it's simple logic and reasoning. The man handled this very poorly and created suspicion by doing so.

• Like 3

You can't discuss this with 'em. They hold conspiracy theory ideas that range from he was born elsewhere to his birth certificate is a forgery. Might as well be talking about alien abductions..

It was a stroke of political genius to do what the legal team did, knowing it keeps the conspiracy people talking and makes the opposition look totally ignorant and silly.

You can't discuss this with 'em. They hold conspiracy theory ideas that range from he was born elsewhere to his birth certificate is a forgery. Might as well be talking about alien abductions..

It was a stroke of political genius to do what the legal team did, knowing it keeps the conspiracy people talking and makes the opposition look totally ignorant and silly.

Talk about spin!!

BTW...are you folks even aware that his citizenship wasn't even an issue until a DEMOCRAT brought it up? Yes, a Hillary supporter is who brought this to a national scale. And then Obama's poor handling of the situation that gave the impression that he was being evasive created suspicion and the "birther" theories were born.

I bet most of you didn't know how it really happened, only the "poor little me" spin that Obama and his people put on it.

Sadly, he manages our country with the same level of skill he has demonstrated over his citizenship issue.

• Like 4

Talk about spin!!

BTW...are you folks even aware that his citizenship wasn't even an issue until a DEMOCRAT brought it up? Yes, a Hillary supporter is who brought this to a national scale. And then Obama's poor handling of the situation that gave the impression that he was being evasive created suspicion and the "birther" theories were born.

I bet most of you didn't know how it really happened, only the "poor little me" spin that Obama and his people put on it.

Sadly, he manages our country with the same level of skill he has demonstrated over his citizenship issue.

There was no talk of spin in former member posts....

Name names as to "who" first brought this forward or else it has no merit.

Talk about spin!!

There is not reasoning with you because you are so bent on conspiracy theories.

It doesn't even matter who brought it up because it was about politics. And the people that are keeping it alive are about politics.

Exhibit A that it is all about politics. See above.

There is not reasoning with you because you are so bent on conspiracy theories.

It doesn't even matter who brought it up because it was about politics. And the people that are keeping it alive are about politics.

Exhibit A that it is all about politics. See above.

Since you can't refute the facts I posted, you try to discredit me by inferring that I'm a conspiracy theorist. Your next tactic will be to call me names.

Just another day at P'Com, boys and girls. :lol:

There was no talk of spin in former member posts....

Name names as to "who" first brought this forward or else it has no merit.

OK, it was you. :pardon:

• Like 1

Since you can't refute the facts I posted, you try to discredit me by inferring that I'm a conspiracy theorist. Your next tactic will be to call me names.

He is a citizen. There is nothing left to discuss.

You're playing politics with this.

He is a citizen. There is nothing left to discuss.

You're playing politics with this.

Did I claim anywhere in this thread that he wasn't? You missed the entire point of my posts. And you guys are being any less political?

Oh well, I'm out. Got an upgrade to do.

Evenin' folks.

Did I claim anywhere in this thread that he wasn't? You missed the entire point of my posts. And you guys are being any less political?

Evenin' folks.

See ya, GD!!

Yes, it was me that stated that I thought you were putting a spin on it. That much, you got right. Still no actual name huh?

Disappointing that a court just didn't make it go away. Makes the state look bad, really bad.

You know it's bad when Boortz, Hannity, and Erickson are saying that this makes the State look bad.

• Like 1

You know it's bad when Boortz, Hannity, and Erickson are saying that this makes the State look bad.

Really? Didn't get a chance to listen today.

While the guys pursuing this in Georgia are glad to have 'distanced' themselves from the Orly Taits trainwreck, I think they may be celebrating too soon.

My gut is the reason they ignored it is because they've done enough research to know that if it gets bigger that makes for a bigger brush to paint the bunch (including Orly) as wackos that can't be taken seriously.

FYI: I would suggest that Obama has had a passport since soon after his birth. And while Guard Dad just got one with his birth certificate, the last couple of times I've renewed my passport, all I had to do was show the old one.

The plain fact is that a passport is proof of citizenship.

Further, the notion that the version of the birth certificate that has been around for years - the one that is from the digital record and is issued with the full faith and credit of the state of Hawaii is by definition all that the state or federal court needed. Indeed they are compelled to accept that official document/proof.

Bottom line, it will come back to bite 'em.

pubby

While the guys pursuing this in Georgia are glad to have 'distanced' themselves from the Orly Taits trainwreck, I think they may be celebrating too soon.

My gut is the reason they ignored it is because they've done enough research to know that if it gets bigger that makes for a bigger brush to paint the bunch (including Orly) as wackos that can't be taken seriously.

FYI: I would suggest that Obama has had a passport since soon after his birth. And while Guard Dad just got one with his birth certificate, the last couple of times I've renewed my passport, all I had to do was show the old one.

Further, the notion that the version of the birth certificate that has been around for years - the one that is from the digital record and is issued with the full faith and credit of the state of Hawaii is by definition all that the state or federal court needed. Indeed they are compelled to accept that official document/proof.

pubby

As if you think anyone would take this seriously?

Methinks he doth protesteth too much.

;)

• Like 1

...Then you have to ask yourself who will benefit from exactly the kind of talk we see here in this thread.

Meanwhile this little tidbit streaks overhead, so high as to be juuuuuuust barely visible.

Evenin' folks.

You make it sound like where your point leads is a place the leftist's politics can go.

But you know how to tell when your point is clearly making sense to them, and therefore everyone else too......right?

pubby

Who are these "'em"?

Why Obama would even lower himself to answer such silly nonsense is beyond me. Anyone who even thinks he should ever have to even answer such a charge is quite ignorant. Wasting taxpayer money on this is not just bad form, it is totally asinine. His mother was an American. He was born in HA. He released the birth certificate. Let's stop with the childish things and move on to addressing real problems.

Where is "HA"? is that Haiti? I thought he was born in Indonesia, but he does look a little Haitian....... :ninja:

I do think it makes GA look very bad. I'm sure I'm wrong b/c I'm no politician, but wouldn't removing Obama from the GA ballot be denying GA Dems the right to vote in a way? Although I know he could be a write in. Also, I have seen and heard that the Selective Services form he filled out was a 1990s version doctored into one that looked like a 1980 one. If thats the case he technically didn't fill one out. Correct? When I was 18, I had never even heard about it until I got a letter in the mail one day that scared the crap out of me saying I had 10 days to fill out the form at a Post Office or I could be incarcerated for 5yrs in Federal Prison in Terre Haute, Indiana. (Grew up in Indiana) Anyway its a little late now since he only has a year left, so lets concentrate on more dire things.

Edited by janko9

Sorry you don't like Georgia, but never fear you still have 49 choices so don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Like 2

Who are these "'em"?

Most likely "us" ... as they do represent the GOP establishment of the state that passed the law in the general assembly and then brought the case and pursued it.

How might it 'bite us?'

Lets say a company like Catapiller is looking to relocate to the US under one of the federal repatriation of jobs programs.

The federal bureaucrat is presented with two options = North Carolina and Georgia.

He says, ' I can get you a letter of commitment on the North Carolina site next week but it will take a little longer to determine the credits that can be approved if you select the Georgia site as we have to check with local laws whether our actions will require we produce the President for a state magistrate before we can do anything ... like have a national frigging election. Red tape is really a bitch in Georgia, you know.

pubby

If your that unhappy with Georgia there are other states to live in.

Is GA Perfect ? No

You could start the search for that perfect state and let us know when you find it :)

• Like 1

Most likely "us" ... as they do represent the GOP establishment of the state that passed the law in the general assembly and then brought the case and pursued it.

How might it 'bite us?'

Lets say a company like Catapiller is looking to relocate to the US under one of the federal repatriation of jobs programs.

The federal bureaucrat is presented with two options = North Carolina and Georgia.

He says, ' I can get you a letter of commitment on the North Carolina site next week but it will take a little longer to determine the credits that can be approved if you select the Georgia site as we have to check with local laws whether our actions will require we produce the President for a state magistrate before we can do anything ... like have a national frigging election. Red tape is really a bitch in Georgia, you know.

pubby

Are you saying the bite would come from a vengeful Obama Administration?

nope

probably some dry counties even today, but since the day I moved to my current home 23 years ago there has been a liquor store and a bar within walking distance (roughly 1/4 mile away). that's almost 2 dozen years right there.