Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
yankeeboy

Boy Scouts

We are in 750 cub scouts. There is a boy scout troop as well. It is at Bethel Church off 92 and right down the road from PB Ritch elementary

Not sure where you live....

Troop 321 Meets at Hickory Heights Baptist Church located at 221 Dabbs Bridge Road, Dallas, GA 30132.

Our meetings are Monday at the church from 7:00PM to 8:30PM.

We switch over to this Troop in March from another Troop and love it.

Send me a message if you are interested and I can give you alot more information. Love to have you...

We are part of cub scout Pack #306 at Westridge church, and there is a Boy Scout Troop #306 there as well. The website listed by navy has a list of all the troops in the district, as well as the schools each serves, so look through there and see which troops serve your son's school. There will likely be several.

Good luck! Scouts is such a rewarding experience.

Not sure where you live....

Troop 321 Meets at Hickory Heights Baptist Church located at 221 Dabbs Bridge Road, Dallas, GA 30132.

Our meetings are Monday at the church from 7:00PM to 8:30PM.

We switch over to this Troop in March from another Troop and love it.

Send me a message if you are interested and I can give you alot more information. Love to have you...

Hey there! I don't know who you are, but my husband is the Scout Master of Troop 321!!!!!

Hey Mr. Dis, Troop 321 is over on the North side of Paulding, but Ron would love to have your son and even you join the troop!!!!

If he is 13, sign him up where some of his school friends will be. He is going to be 2 years older than the other Tenderfoot scouts and will have a better chance to succeed if he at least has some friends already in the troop.

Scouting is great for character development and learning many skills not otherwise available to boy his age, and many of those skills he will use the rest of his life. Very, very, very few make Eagle Scout. A miniscule percentage at best. For what it is worth, Cooking was one of the first Merit Badges I got.

I am glad Paulding has finally added more troops for the 11-18 range. It was almost all Cub scouts when our son came along and we could not find a troop where he knew ANYONE, and as a result just could not get him to really get involved with it.

Hey there! I don't know who you are, but my husband is the Scout Master of Troop 321!!!!!

Hey Mr. Dis, Troop 321 is over on the North side of Paulding, but Ron would love to have your son and even you join the troop!!!!

And I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 321

Wow, Thanks for all the info. You guys are very generous with your information, I really appreciate that.

Oh, and I don't live very far from 92 and 120.

Have a great day,

Mrs. Yankeeboy

Based on your location, you can also consider troop 350, charted out of County Line UMC. We meet Monday evenings 7-8:30. Feel free to contact me for further info. I do agree on the suggestion of asking around at school and getting him involved with a troop where he may have friends.

Wow, Thanks for all the info. You guys are very generous with your information, I really appreciate that.

Oh, and I don't live very far from 92 and 120.

Have a great day,

Mrs. Yankeeboy

Troop 306 at Westridge Church would be really close, since it's on 92 between 120 and East Paulding Drive.

Check the web site and then visit a several of the troops. Make more than one visit per troop. Each troop has it's own "character". Some are more active than others, some go camping more, some go hiking more. So try to find one that does the things he is interested in. He'll figure out pretty quickly where he feels the most comfortable! Also, Pickett's Mill will be having their spring Camporee in March, if he hasn't decided on a troop by then, have him visit with several of the troops on Saturday. More information on this event should be on the web site. One last thing, your son can change troops at any time, if he discovers that the first troop he selects isn't the one for him. As I said, each troop has it's own character, no 2 are alike, take your time and find the one that is the best fit for him!

Good luck!!

Okay - try this - www.pickettsmillbsa.org. It's the general website for this area (Paulding County). Freebird's unit is in Mountain Lake (right?). You can do a general google search and find their site.

While I'm a bit biased (I'm with Troop 7 - associated with Pack 750, close to Hwy. 92 and Brownsville Road), my true vision in scouting is that your son be in and stay in scouts. Therefore, I would suggest that you visit two or three units that are geographically good for you and the meeting night is good for you. Every unit is very different - I like to say that they all have a flavor. My unit tends to be quite high adventure (i.e. alot of outdoor adventures that involves doing something to get to the campsite) and very scout led (that can also mean that it seems quite disorganized and loud). But, you need to go see and meet them. He may like a bigger troop or a smaller troop. He may want a troop that is more about earning badges and advancements or he may not be the least bit interested in it. There are so many factors in what makes up a particular unit at a particular time. It's hard for anyone to recommend a troop. I hope that each of us in scouting will shout from the mountain tops why our unit is amazing!!! But, what is most important is that YOUR SON shout from the mountain top about the unit he chooses.

Check the web site and then visit a several of the troops. Make more than one visit per troop. Each troop has it's own "character". Some are more active than others, some go camping more, some go hiking more. So try to find one that does the things he is interested in. He'll figure out pretty quickly where he feels the most comfortable! Also, Pickett's Mill will be having their spring Camporee in March, if he hasn't decided on a troop by then, have him visit with several of the troops on Saturday. More information on this event should be on the web site. One last thing, your son can change troops at any time, if he discovers that the first troop he selects isn't the one for him. As I said, each troop has it's own character, no 2 are alike, take your time and find the one that is the best fit for him!

Good luck!!

Yeah - what she said - we were posting at the same time. :)! I think we had the same district commissioner training us. :)!

And I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 321

I will have to ask my husband who you are.

I agree with those above to have your son check out several troops. Troop 321 camps once a month. This troop was started about 12 years ago (could have been longer) with 5 boys. 2 out of the 5 made Eagle. Pretty good odds. I don't know how many are in the troop now. I do know 22 are signed up to go on the January camp out.

While my husband likes the troop with more boys, it's not about numbers to him. Because the troop is a boys led organization the more boys the better. Being boys led means that the boys are put into office (Patrol leader, Asst. Patrol Leader etc) to oversee the other boys in accomplishing task. They work along side the SM and ASMs.

My husband is an Eagle Scout. His two sons didn't make Eagle. He still wishes they had continued in Scouts to make Eagle, but oh well what can you do. My husband says that they like alot of ther boys got the fume illness.....perfune and gasoline..= girls and cars/trucks.

Anyway I have lived with this Eagle Scout of mine 15 years.....Scouting kinda grows on you!!!