• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chelle81

chelle81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

Yesterday was a MONUMENTAL day in the life of our family. My twin boys are 12 years old. They were diagnosed on the Autism spectrum at age 3 and it's been a loooong journey since birth. I am SO EXCITED to share with you that they are not only NOT on the Autism spectrum any more but they no longer receiving ANY special need services from the school system. Praise the Lord!!! The teachers in our exit IEP meeting yesterday were so complimentary of the boys. Both of them are immature in their social skills but are way ahead of the other kids in their morals, values, vocabulary and reading. They are both A/ B grade students. A friend asked me to share our results with you so that you can benefit as well.

We have had extensive food allergy testing twice, observed what the kids shouldn't be eating, used needed supplements, removed food coloring, limited left-brain activities, promoted right brain activities, was diligent in making sure the kids were receiving the services they needed in school, and had VERY high expectations of our kids. What put our efforts over the top was a huge sacrifice we made to put the boys through a program in Roswell called Brain Balance. It's based on a book called "Disconnected Kids" by Dr. Robert Melillo. The program is super comprehensive and changes the child's brain neurologically. MUCH is expected from the parents during the program and after. Yet, isn't it worth it for your child to be successful in life! I was willing to do whatever it took.

The boys are still working on their social skills but that's the last hurdle as I was told it would be. Everything is a learning and teaching opportunity in life. Don't miss an opportunity!

#2 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Beautiful. I know two families with autistic children, and in one case, the child has progressed as yours has. (The other one has Down's Syndrome, as well as a number of other difficulties, and will, alas, never progress.) I can't imagine the time and effort this has taken for your family. I applaud you.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#3 LisaC

LisaC

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

Congratulations!!!
Sometimes no comment is the best comment.

#4 Magic Mommy

Magic Mommy

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

INCREDIBLY AWESOME NEWS! Thanks for sharing! I have one diagnosed with autsim at age 3. He was non verbal until almost 6, but rapidly advancing. I hope and pray that I will have the same message by the time he's in 5th grade. Your news brings me so much hope, I have tears in my eyes!! :wub: Thank you for sharing!

#5 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Absolutely amazing news. Congratulations.

#6 mysterious

mysterious

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

Awesome news.......congratulations.

Welcome to Pcom.
ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD.

#7 asdfasdfasdfasd

asdfasdfasdfasd

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

INCREDIBLY AWESOME NEWS! Thanks for sharing! I have one diagnosed with autsim at age 3. He was non verbal until almost 6, but rapidly advancing. I hope and pray that I will have the same message by the time he's in 5th grade. Your news brings me so much hope, I have tears in my eyes!! :wub: Thank you for sharing!

Keep chugging along, Mommy! As you know, you are your child's biggest advocate, and I'm sure you're doing everything you can to give him the best chance possible! Keep believing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics