7 replies to this topic

#1 C Mark Palm

C Mark Palm

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

Check out this week's article in the Dallas-Hiram patch. iDeal REP's review of 2011 and our opinion of the beginning of 2012. We hope you find some value in this.

http://dallas-hiram....-year-in-review

#2 xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,271 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

Thanks Mark. It's good to see a dropping basic inventory. How many homes do y'all estimate are near or in foreclosure but not on the market (shadow inventory)? Core Logic put that number at about 5 months inventory nationally, although FL, CA and IL accounted for a large part of that.

#3 C Mark Palm

C Mark Palm

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

Thanks Mark. It's good to see a dropping basic inventory. How many homes do y'all estimate are near or in foreclosure but not on the market (shadow inventory)? Core Logic put that number at about 5 months inventory nationally, although FL, CA and IL accounted for a large part of that.

It's really hard to say. I would say locally, we're going to land around four to five months. That's my best semi-educated guess. One never knows just how many assets the banks are holding. They are currently in review of those files to avoid another robo-signing scandal. I would say, stay positive and look ahead. There are signs of turn around.

#4 xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,271 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

It's really hard to say. I would say locally, we're going to land around four to five months. That's my best semi-educated guess. One never knows just how many assets the banks are holding. They are currently in review of those files to avoid another robo-signing scandal. I would say, stay positive and look ahead. There are signs of turn around.

Here's hoping that the banks act responsibly and don't dump it all at once. At least there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Housing has to improve before the overall economy can really stabilize.

#5 C Mark Palm

C Mark Palm

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Here's hoping that the banks act responsibly and don't dump it all at once. At least there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Housing has to improve before the overall economy can really stabilize.

Let's put it this way. I'm cautiously optimistic about the first quarter of 2012.

#6 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

Although I really want to rewrite your first paragraph (just me being anal-retentive :wacko:), I liked your article and see a lot of the signs in the market you expressed. The deals are out there, just need to look and learn and be willing to go-for-it when the time is right, the upswing is happening.

<--- going to be cautiously optimistic with you (and with :::fingerscrossed::). :)
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#7 C Mark Palm

C Mark Palm

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Although I really want to rewrite your first paragraph (just me being anal-retentive :wacko:), I liked your article and see a lot of the signs in the market you expressed. The deals are out there, just need to look and learn and be willing to go-for-it when the time is right, the upswing is happening.

<--- going to be cautiously optimistic with you (and with :::fingerscrossed::). :)

Yes, in hindsight I would delete the first sentence completely. Sometimes you can proof and edit it to death. You just have to give up the baby and let it fly or fall. I'm glad it's flapping it's wings anyway.

#8 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Yes, in hindsight I would delete the first sentence completely. Sometimes you can proof and edit it to death. You just have to give up the baby and let it fly or fall. I'm glad it's flapping it's wings anyway.

It was very well written ..... and I'm sure you have a great audience now looking for your wisdom weekly!
  • C Mark Palm likes this
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics