74 replies to this topic

#41 D-Cinco

D-Cinco

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

I totally support the boys, but what the heck was the purpose of a selection committee if the principal ignored their recommendation and put his own choice in? I had soooo hoped the "good old boy" system wouldn't come into play with this, but I should have known better. I just hate that this coach will probably retire in a very few years leaving us right back where we started. Sure would have been nice to have a younger, vibrant coach who would grow with the team, even if it meant a couple of off years.

Oh well, once a Raider always a Raider! Let's get this thing going now and see what we can do!
  • momo2 and Palm Trees Rock like this

#42 LtDantheFireMan

LtDantheFireMan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

The board is tired of East winning in football so this their way to knock us down. Absolutely does not make any sense.

#43 D-Cinco

D-Cinco

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

I talked to someone on the board last week voicing my concern that a "friend" would be given the job. I was told that the School Board did not make the final decision. The principal had the final vote and the board just voted it in based on that. So this all lies with Viness.

#44 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

I agree we need to support the kids!!!

HOWEVER, hiring a coach with a 28-62 record to coach EAST is mind blowing! http://ghsfha.org/co...p?gName=Goddard, Chuck

WHEN you get there go to Goddard, Chuck and look at his stellar accomplishments. NINE years and not ONE winning record

Edited by PTR, 14 February 2012 - 09:46 PM.

• Palm Trees Rock likes this

#45 brown*eyed*girl

brown*eyed*girl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Well. We have to get behind our boys and support them & Coach Goddard.

Coach who?

#46 Raiders9166

Raiders9166

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Well that sucks. Looks like board members don't want reelection. The principal just lost any support he was going to get from parents.

hope the BOE (cowards) get slammed in the a.m. with countless email and phone calls. Viness got his wish, but as they say be careful what you wish for! He is a control freak and now he can control his "boy" and the program. guess he will try to do at east as he did at Cass. follow his buddy as the head coach and have ZERO success. man, i hate to see these kids suffer for the good ol' boy system here in the county!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they both never had winning seasons and they are together again.good luck to all the boys for they are the ones that suffer in the end!

#47 LtDantheFireMan

LtDantheFireMan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

I don't see why Goddard would even want to come here. It is obvious that he is not the guy we wanted. He is sunk before he even starts.

hope the BOE (cowards) get slammed in the a.m. with countless email and phone calls. Viness got his wish, but as they say be careful what you wish for! He is a control freak and now he can control his "boy" and the program. guess he will try to do at east as he did at Cass. follow his buddy as the head coach and have ZERO success. man, i hate to see these kids suffer for the good ol' boy system here in the county!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they both never had winning seasons and they are together again.good luck to all the boys for they are the ones that suffer in the end!

I think viness should be the target of emails and phone calls. He owes us an explanation.
  • momo2 and Palm Trees Rock like this

#48 Raiders9166

Raiders9166

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

I don't see why Goddard would even want to come here. It is obvious that he is not the guy we wanted. He is sunk before he even starts.

I think viness should be the target of emails and phone calls. He owes us an explanation.

i agree, at least back your hire.but i dont think he wants to hear the back lash!!! i dont guess there is anything that can be done. i hate it but we as parents are stuck with the outcome. he didnt show up at the meeting so why would he come out now. i just hate it for hte KIDS. they are the ones that will suffer in the end

#49 halo 2

halo 2

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

I am so disapointed in this hire. I'm amazed at how a winning coach with a winning program and a PC homer can't get a job at a power house school like East. I guess the principle wanted to experience what McEachern did and make a bad hiring choice as an experiment. Now that Mceachern has an awesome coach the still don't sell 70% of the tickets anytime and less than 50% most of the time. I hope were all wrong, I doubt orbit I hope.
He who laughs last is the SLOWEST...

#50 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

There are lots of unhappy Raider fans tonight!...How do you make a decision like this? What was the process, who was interviewed, why all the secrecy? There were more qualified candidates who applied for the job...and didn't get an interview...or even a phone call! If Mr. Viness had his mind made up from the beginning, why even pretend to follow a hiring process. I wish Coach Goddard well, but Mr. Viness has set him up for failure by alienating the folks who have bled for this program. It could have been different, we could have hired the best candidate. Poor leaders hire weak employees!
It times of universa deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

#51 Amontillado

Amontillado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

I talked to someone on the board last week voicing my concern that a "friend" would be given the job. I was told that the School Board did not make the final decision. The principal had the final vote and the board just voted it in based on that. So this all lies with Viness.

Wow! Can you say "trying to distance myself from a poor decision"? Isn't the ELECTED school board charged with approving all personnel decisions based on what the Superintendent recommends? Isn't that why they have to vote on ALL personnel? So from that, are we to conclude that all the BOE members do is to vote for whatever is recommended? Where is the representation in that? Wouldn't that be the very definition of a "rubber stamp?"

#52 Mrs. Avalon

Mrs. Avalon

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

Wow! Can you say "trying to distance myself from a poor decision"? Isn't the ELECTED school board charged with approving all personnel decisions based on what the Superintendent recommends? Isn't that why they have to vote on ALL personnel? So from that, are we to conclude that all the BOE members do is to vote for whatever is recommended? Where is the representation in that? Wouldn't that be the very definition of a "rubber stamp?"

The answers to your questions lie in the minutes and votes from past BOE meetings. Take a look and see for yourself.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.

#53 sheryllcone

sheryllcone

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

I agree with everyone that has posted. However, let's all remember, we need to support the program for the kids! We have some very talented players who will shine no matter who is coach. Our spirits must remain high and our school pride must shine through this dark period. Let's support the team and the new coach. The new coach didn't make the decision and he shouldn't be blamed. You never know he might surprise us. Try and stay positive and keep your head held high we are RAIDERS!
  • brown*eyed*girl likes this

#54 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

I agree we have some awesome, awesome, kids and we will continue to support them. However, no matter how much talent you have coaching makes all the difference in the world. Schemes, play calling, etc. Perfect example: When Chaz Henry and a lot of talented players were Juniors East was 3-6-1. The hiring of a new coach, with a winning history, arrives and the following year the Raiders finish 12-2 and make it to the sem-finals. Look at the history since then when you have AWESOME players and a coach who KNOWS HOW TO WIN!! Remember, things can crumble as quickly as they have been built. Still though, it looks like the future has been set, and we can only get behind them all now. Its just sad how programs in this county who are still in the building process can land a far better coach, with a better record, than East can. It is the kids who deserve better.

GO RAIDERS!!!

Edited by PTR, 15 February 2012 - 09:45 AM.

• Palm Trees Rock likes this

#55 halo 2

halo 2

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

I agree we have some awesome, awesome, kids and we will continue to support them. However, no matter how much talent you have coaching makes all the difference in the world. Schemes, play calling, etc. Perfect example: When Chaz Henry and a lot of talented players were Juniors East was 3-6-1. The hiring of a new coach, with a winning history, arrives and the following year the Raiders finish 12-2 and make it to the sem-finals. Look at the history since then when you have AWESOME players and a coach who KNOWS HOW TO WIN!! Remember, things can crumble as quickly as they have been built. Still though, it looks like the future has been set, and we can only get behind them all now. Its just sad how programs in this county who are still in the building process can land a far better coach, with a better record, than East can. It is the kids who deserve better.

GO RAIDERS!!!

agreed. Coaching can make average people fantastic and can make fantastic people average. Just sad that the best person wasnt hired for the job. I wish them the best as my kids will be going there and i have several friends who's kids go there now. I love EAST PAULDING but this just made me sick at my stomach at how this went down.

#56 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

agreed

agreed. Coaching can make average people fantastic and can make fantastic people average. Just sad that the best person wasnt hired for the job. I wish them the best as my kids will be going there and i have several friends who's kids go there now. I love EAST PAULDING but this just made me sick at my stomach at how this went down.

#57 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

How do you know who is the best person anyways? Get behind the new coach and stop the whining. The program is as stable as it's ever been, there's plenty of talent to work with, I'm sure he will do fine. Casting him off before ever coaching a game isn't going to help things. You should support the coach and let the kids judge for themselves after actually working with him.

#58 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

I am so disapointed in this hire. I'm amazed at how a winning coach with a winning program and a PC homer can't get a job at a power house school like East. I guess the principle wanted to experience what McEachern did and make a bad hiring choice as an experiment. Now that Mceachern has an awesome coach the still don't sell 70% of the tickets anytime and less than 50% most of the time. I hope were all wrong, I doubt orbit I hope.

Who was McEachern's bad hire you are talking about? It was Jimmy Dorsey and now Kyle Hockman; and McEachern has no problem selling tickets. Who's the winning coach with a winning program you are talking about at the beginning?

What you just put together makes no sense.

#59 momo2

momo2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

How do you know who is the best person anyways? Get behind the new coach and stop the whining. The program is as stable as it's ever been, there's plenty of talent to work with, I'm sure he will do fine. Casting him off before ever coaching a game isn't going to help things. You should support the coach and let the kids judge for themselves after actually working with him.

Well said. There are a LOT of angry parents now and rightly so because Viness didn't listen to the majority, BUT Goddard may be just the man our team needs. Let's don't let the program fall apart because of anger or hurt feelings. These boys deserve better! We have a HUGE talent pool and an awesome booster club - let's keep it that way!

#60 halo 2

halo 2

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Who was McEachern's bad hire you are talking about? It was Jimmy Dorsey and now Kyle Hockman; and McEachern has no problem selling tickets. Who's the winning coach with a winning program you are talking about at the beginning?

What you just put together makes no sense.

your COMPLETELY Right about the Coaching swap at Mceachern. For some reason i thought there was a "tweener". Kyle is awesome and really has made a huge turn around the past year. McEachern went into a funk for several years. This year i attended 5 games at McEachern and was even in the Press Box 2 times and only 1 out of 5 games that I went too were well attended. McEachern is NOT SELLING TICKETS like before. As a team declines.... Ticket sales declined.

Simply put, just about any coach with at least a winning record greater than 500% would have been a better option. 28-62 record for the new coach is just not promising.. I TRULY HOPE THAT I EAT EVERY WORD I HAVE SAID HERE... I HOPE EAST PAULDING wins the State Championship every year and that my feelings are wrong. I TRULY HOPE EAST RULES PC for Ever.

#61 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,745 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

This is so funny. Just lookie there, one of Viness buddies from Cass. Shock??? I think not!!

And for the BOE, they have the last say if said coach get's hired or not.

#62 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

I know a coach with a 28-62 record isn't the best choice anywhere. No matter how stable it only takes one bad hire to ruin a program. I will support the new guy. Just don't accuse everyone of whinning for not liking a horrible choice Go raiders!!!!

#63 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

I know a coach with a 28-62 record isn't the best choice anywhere. No matter how stable it only takes one bad hire to ruin a program. I will support the new guy. Just don't accuse everyone of whinning for not liking a horrible choice Go raiders!!!!

Who was your choice?

#64 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

I cant tell you because I didnt see the list. I can tell you that Jon Lindsey was a far better choice on paper. He is 3-7 in only ONE year of coaching and improved the teams record in that year. He was also the DC on TWO State championships at Camden County, and has roots here in Paulding County. He is also a young guy who would be invested in the future here.

Having said that, if the former principal can hire a two time state champion to come into a disaster of a program, than this one can hopefully find one for the best program in our region. I would love to see what kind of resumes were sent in. Wish the guy, and BOYS all the luck in the world, but nine losing seasons out of nine years coached is a horrible record, and a dangerous omen for what might happen at East!ANY program is only as STABLE as the coach leading the program.

GO RAIDERS!!!

Edited by PTR, 15 February 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#65 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,754 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

I agree we need to support the kids!!!

HOWEVER, hiring a coach with a 28-62 record to coach EAST is mind blowing! http://ghsfha.org/co...p?gName=Goddard, Chuck

WHEN you get there go to Goddard, Chuck and look at his stellar accomplishments. NINE years and not ONE winning record

Please tell me this is a misprint? :unsure:
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#66 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hey ms. Raider, I wish I could. Couple of years at 5-5, and a lot at One or two wins top

#67 Amontillado

Amontillado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hey ms. Raider, I wish I could. Couple of years at 5-5, and a lot at One or two wins top

Hey, look at the bright side! He was markedly better than the coach that followed him at Cass who only won three games in two years. :blink:

I guess after that stellar of a head coaching career, he DOES think Goddard is a good coach!

#68 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

There is a lot of negativity about Coach Goddard coming to East, we don't need that. He is our Coach, the Booster club will support him and the team. We have all worked too hard to build this program and we will not see it fall apart now. If you have a player at East, I suggest you get involved, give this man a chance. He knows what he is walking into and he isn't afraid. This program is not finished, it isn't going to fail. Get behind the players, the coach and continue to support the program. If you can't do that, it's your loss. We need to be positive and supportive, the players need it. They are what really matters!
  • gog8tors, momo2 and brown*eyed*girl like this
Posted Image

#69 halo 2

halo 2

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

Please tell me this is a misprint? :unsure:

Sorry, wish we could......maybe he will pull a Gene Chizik and enter with a losing record and win a championship.

#70 momo2

momo2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

There is a lot of negativity about Coach Goddard coming to East, we don't need that. He is our Coach, the Booster club will support him and the team. We have all worked too hard to build this program and we will not see it fall apart now. If you have a player at East, I suggest you get involved, give this man a chance. He knows what he is walking into and he isn't afraid. This program is not finished, it isn't going to fail. Get behind the players, the coach and continue to support the program. If you can't do that, it's your loss. We need to be positive and supportive, the players need it. They are what really matters!

You are absolutely right RaidersRock! Whatever negativity that we as boosters/parents have will automatically trickle down to our players and will crush the morale of the team. Let's build our boys up by building up their coach and continue the Raider spirit!

RAIDERS RULE! =@

#71 halo 2

halo 2

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

Two words... NORV TURNER.... and Im hoping that EAST RULES PC FOREVER...just have my doubts with 28 wins in 9 years.

Edited by halo 2, 16 February 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#72 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Two words... NORV TURNER.... and Im hoping that EAST RULES PC FOREVER...just have my doubts with 28 wins in 9 years.

The boys have the talent, they have a very firm foundation of fundamentals. This coach knows he has a lot to prove, we just have to get behind him and give him a chance.

I don't know what your 2 words mean and I'm too tired to google right now. :p
Posted Image

#73 D-Cinco

D-Cinco

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

Well, as my sweet husband pointed out "It's only high school football." We will support Coach Goddard and the entire coaching staff. My son plays purely for the love of the game. He's not a superstar and will probably play very little in high school. I suppose if I was super worried about him getting a football scholarship I might gripe some more, but as long as he's happy, I'm happy. My main concern was the seeming disregard for the majority vote, but then that's pretty much how the world runs now anyways so it shouldn't be any real surprise.

#74 halo 2

halo 2

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

The boys have the talent, they have a very firm foundation of fundamentals. This coach knows he has a lot to prove, we just have to get behind him and give him a chance.

I don't know what your 2 words mean and I'm too tired to google right now. :p

lol at your google tiredness. lol. Norv Turner took over a 14-2 San Diego Chargers team that was supposed to win the superbowl because of the talent levels and schedules. He was hired as the Head coach and had a losing record as well. It seems that every year he has been there, they have gotten progressively worse and have not even made the playoffs many of his years. That was the reference point.. But like i said.. I really hope this guy can change his winning percentage of about 29% or so...

#75 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

lol at your google tiredness. lol. Norv Turner took over a 14-2 San Diego Chargers team that was supposed to win the superbowl because of the talent levels and schedules. He was hired as the Head coach and had a losing record as well. It seems that every year he has been there, they have gotten progressively worse and have not even made the playoffs many of his years. That was the reference point.. But like i said.. I really hope this guy can change his winning percentage of about 29% or so...

See that had to be exhausting :rofl: I get what you're saying but that was them, not us. Be patient, get involved and be supportive. Then pm me and tell me who you are :ninja:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics