maxine

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:30 AM

The new coach of Tift County High

http://tiftongazette...ounced-for-Tift

I have mixed emotions about this.... My hubby and I are from Tift County... my son graduated from East. I'm sorry for East(wonder who will be the new head coach)... but VERY excited for Tift...They needed someone to turn their team around!!!

#3 chainshaw1

chainshaw1

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

He said in his cover letter that he would not stop until he wins a state championship. I guess that didn't apply here in Paulding.
"The protection of our rights can endure no longer than the performance of our responsibilities." John F. Kennedy, 1963

Si vis pacem, para bellum

#4 chainshaw1

chainshaw1

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

To make this even crappier, evidently he didn't announce it to his team. This article is how folks are finding out.
"The protection of our rights can endure no longer than the performance of our responsibilities." John F. Kennedy, 1963

#5 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

To make this even crappier, evidently he didn't announce it to his team. This article is how folks are finding out.

Sounds about right. He also tried to deny putting in for jobs the past couple of years; guy throws his resume out like crazy every offseason. He was slipping his resume in with the kids highlight tapes to colleges the past couple years. He's put in for McEachern, Lassiter, Colquitt, Sequoyah, and Tift just since he's been at East.

Guess the fieldhouse he wanted wasn't good enough.

#6 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

Love to see all the Reid haters. Reid left East for another challange. Good for him. Thats all part of the buisness. He is now in a region in which there are five other coaches with multiple state championships here or elsewhere. Thats good motivation to see what he can do. He did a super job here and East fans should be THANKFUL we had him. How soon we forget how bad the program was before he arrived. He got us turned around, and maybe now a new coach can reach a championship. Dont know how he told his kids, and if he didnt tell them, he should have!!! I dont agree with not telling your kids first, but maybe there was a reason. Either way, he's gone nowand its time to go get another winner!!! Having said that, East is BETTER off for having him, and I wish Reid and East only better days!!

The new coach is getting a great team, poised to win a region championship and more!!! Great place to come!

GO RAIDERS!!

Edited by PTR, 11 January 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#7 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

Well, the team banquet is next Sunday. So I'm sure he will get a chance to talk to everyone there. He's supposed to be in Tifton today.

#8 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,745 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

Goodbye!

#9 lilsunshine617

lilsunshine617

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

http://tiftongazette...ounced-for-Tift

#10 lawlady

lawlady

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

In his defense - The article said he was voted in on Tuesday night. Was that last night? Could be he hasn't had time to tell the kids yet and everyone jumped the gun on telling others. I for one am sad to see him leave, he was able to instill pride in East again.

#11 chainshaw1

chainshaw1

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Not a hater, just making an observation. You have a bunch of kids who look up to their coach and they have to find out that he is leaving from a newspaper article. Not cool. They deserve better.

#12 2witty4u

2witty4u

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

When Coach Hood (Varsity Boys basketball coach)left Hiram High several years ago, it was first reported on Paulding.com before he had a chance to tell the players. Because once it gets on here it spreads like wild fire.

#13 GeorgiaTornado

GeorgiaTornado

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,080 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

I heard from a phone call this morning about him leaving. I don't even have a a kid in school....hell, I don't even have a kid!

If you are tossing your resumue out there...people WILL find out.

#14 isitmemorex

isitmemorex

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

He told the EP football guys this morning.

#15 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,147 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

In his defense - The article said he was voted in on Tuesday night. Was that last night? Could be he hasn't had time to tell the kids yet and everyone jumped the gun on telling others. I for one am sad to see him leave, he was able to instill pride in East again.

It was published as news in Tifton on their web page Tuesday night and someone posted it here early Wednesday morning.

I happened to wake early, saw it, and noted the Tifton GA newspaper story and it was up by about 6 a.m.

News does travel fast. I have no doubt that he knew before the Tifton Schools voted and announced his contract but in his defense, they, I'm sure, told him that they would announce it at the meeting and that he couldn't tell anyone until then.

That he was there and not here is the reason ... He probably didn't think he needed to call everyone after the meeting (at 9-10 p.m.) but The Tifton newspaper posted it to their website that night. Not much he could do about it.

The point is I wouldn't be too critical of him. It is not like the news released the name of a relative who died before they were informed. (That news travels fast is why the authorities decline to identify the person until the next of kin has been notified of someones untimely demise.)

pubby

#16 feelip

feelip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

Can't say that I blame him. This isn't one of the most pleasant places to live these days. Traffic and crime for starters, but if you enjoy a laid back way of life, Tifton is much different than living around here.
Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

#17 Orwell

Orwell

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

He planned to stay five years when he came. He did that.
He said he would set up an organization to support and sustain the football program. I believe he has done that.
He didn't want the players to know until the job was confirmed which was Tuesday night. I believe he told the players as soon as he could this morning.
Yes, he has been putting in applications at other local schools but the schools he applied to were more concerned with football being a part of the school and not the focal point. He will be the focal point at Tift County.

He was a winner at East and will probably do the same at Tift. East got what they wanted, a winning team and some college football scholarships for a few players.

#18 whatzup?

whatzup?

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Congrats to Coach Reid. I am glad that my son went to East during the time Reid was there because it sure was exciting to go to the football games!

#19 chainshaw1

chainshaw1

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Can't say that I blame him. This isn't one of the most pleasant places to live these days. Traffic and crime for starters, but if you enjoy a laid back way of life, Tifton is much different than living around here.

Really? Traffic and crime? Do you really think that Paulding is that bad? Wow.

#20 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yes, he has been putting in applications at other local schools but the schools he applied to were more concerned with football being a part of the school and not the focal point. He will be the focal point at Tift County.

Tift has a ton of athletes but has been a basketball school. Last year they played in the final 4 and will probably be there again this year. The Tift QB is one of the top basketball recruits in the country in Tadric Jackson- he's a top 20 player nationally for basketball. They are about the only south GA school that can compete in basketball with the metro Atl schools. It's going to be interesting to see how Reid gets along with Coach Holland down there.

#21 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

Now What?:blush:
Men are like carpets,the better you lay them the longer you can walk on them.

#22 feelip

feelip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

Really? Traffic and crime? Do you really think that Paulding is that bad? Wow.

Ever been to Tifton?
Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

#23 whatzup?

whatzup?

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

you know hes not going alone. Coach Stready and Coach Bragg are going with him.

#24 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

I really hate that we are losing three very good coaches. Tift County is very fortunate to be getting these three men. I wish them the very best luck and a huge thanks for what they've done for this program and for being good, positive role models for my son.

As far as replacing them, there is a certain standard to maintain and I know that East won't settle for less than a great coaching staff. Whoever comes in will be lucky to be in this Raider family. People care about this program and want to see it flourish. There is a lot of talent at East, I wish the boys the very best luck and success in the coming season! :clapping:
  • Lady Raider likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics