Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Shelton

Polies Corner

The place use to be owned by Polie Austin... he had the store ob the corner, ( a lot different then what is there now) he lived in the little white house as you start toward Nebo school.

The place use to be owned by Polie Austin... he had the store ob the corner, ( a lot different then what is there now) he lived in the little white house as you start toward Nebo school.

Was this the house? I took this during the installation and construction for the stop lights before they bulldozed the land for Ingles. I always heard remors during my time living down Nebo about the protery being in probate for many years, and it had a family gravyard on the property back towards the chicken houses.

Is this where the current Grands gas station is in the older pic?

post-22730-0-62716200-1324867321_thumb.jpg

Was this the house? I took this during the installation and construction for the stop lights before they bulldozed the land for Ingles. I always heard remors during my time living down Nebo about the protery being in probate for many years, and it had a family gravyard on the property back towards the chicken houses.

Is this where the current Grands gas station is in the older pic?

I do remember my Daddy talking about there bein after a huge fight over the property after Mr. Austin's death. I think he had pretty much left everything to Brad and other members of the family were protesting that. If I remember correctly--Brad won. And everything I have ever known of Brad--he is a really good guy. He helped his gradfather a lot, for many years around those stores.

• Like 1

I do remember my Daddy talking about there bein after a huge fight over the property after Mr. Austin's death. I think he had pretty much left everything to Brad and other members of the family were protesting that. If I remember correctly--Brad won. And everything I have ever known of Brad--he is a really good guy. He helped his gradfather a lot, for many years around those stores.

Was this the house?? I couldn't upload the pic earlier. If so, what a shame when I lived down the road there to have a nice piece of property and house only to be vacated for soo long. I am sure it has a ton of history

post-22730-0-92495900-1324874047_thumb.jpg

Was this the house?? I couldn't upload the pic earlier. If so, what a shame when I lived down the road there to have a nice piece of property and house only to be vacated for soo long. I am sure it has a ton of history

Brad had an adopted sister(I think), and she tried to take everything. Polie left it to Brad

because he took care of him. Brad is a fireman, I think in Atlanta.

Yes--that was the house. If I remember correctly--there was an old Chrysler/Plymouth (or something similar) that sat in the garage/barn for years!!!

Not to divulge to much info, I was on the jury of the first property dispute, that ended in a hung jury. It was his aunt who contested his inheritance of Buddy's only.

I do not know alot of history about this but I do know one of the graves is Unknown cival war soldier. I do put a flag on that grave for that soldier on July 4th.