Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
zoocrew

100 Watt Incandescent Bulb Phase Out About to Begin

I'd rather deal with the nanny MIL than the nit picking of Nitro :)

Nit-picking?

Sorry, but I'm not the one who said I don't use any incandescent light bulbs (lied) and then

turned right around and said that I use them MULTIPLE times.

PS: Nitro ... then by your definition of incandescent light bulbs, incandescent bulbs are not being banned as halogens remain in production as do other specialty bulbs. I do know I have not one - nada - standard 100 bulb - the type being 'banned' - in use anywhere.

I don't believe I ever defined "incandescent light bulb" anywhere.

Typical of you... can't keep your story straight so you twist around what others say...

You're still wrong. 100 light bulbs are not being banned.

Light bulbs from 40 watts to 100 watts have to meet a more stringent standard.

The 100 watt bulb was the ONLY one affected in 2012.

The 75 watt specs had to be in place by 2013

and the 40 & 60 watt bulbs by 2014

Current incandescent bulbs don't meet the energy standards of those years will be banned from manufacture.

If light bulb manufacturers meet those standards by the specified year, they can still manufacture and sell incandescent light bulbs.

Try to educate yourself on the topic before spouting incorrect information about what has actually taken place.

We should do that! LOL

I've been stashing the clear round ones for my bathroom and outdoor lights. Not the big round ones but like a standard bulb only clear.

Can you imagine those butt ugly corky ques in your beautiful master bath? I can't.

And my outdoor lights with the etched glass with a butt ugly curly q? I can't and I won't!!

Hell, at the price of those things I couldn't afford them...Both my wife and my vanity lights have 8 of those 40 watt large round guys...

~FW~

Of course with an incandescent 100 watt bulb you get some warm light and a boat load of heat (90 percent of the energy of an incandescent bulb is converted to HEAT not light and heat is especially unwelcome in the summer).

pubby

Again.....simply not true!

~FW~

This thread has illustrated the fact that liberals are often not aware of the facts. Instead, they react to the propaganda fed to them by special interest groups.

I heard the other day in order to prevent even more global warming we should all install canopies up to 20 thousand feet above our residences, shade will definitely keep the temperature more manageable. You should see the ones designed for the Rocky Mountains, they are awesome and BIG!! :)

Algore's dream come true!

post-2462-0-40906300-1324733537_thumb.jpg

Edited by PowderSpringsDad