8 replies to this topic

#1 ButterflyLion

ButterflyLion

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

Have any of you tried any of the black bean brownies? There are different versions posted online. Here's one that uses brownie mix, a can of black beans, and a small amount of chocolate chips. There are also flourless recipes made from scratch that are gluten free:

http://downhomedieti...-bean-brownies/

Love is patient. Love is kind.

1 Corinthians 13:4, GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

I am not interested in a war of wits where words are used like weapons to wound.

#2 C Mark Palm

C Mark Palm

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

Have any of you tried any of the black bean brownies? There are different versions posted online. Here's one that uses brownie mix, a can of black beans, and a small amount of chocolate chips. There are also flourless recipes made from scratch that are gluten free:

http://downhomedieti...-bean-brownies/

I have and I love them.

#3 ButterflyLion

ButterflyLion

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

I have and I love them.

How do you make yours?

I remember you posted that you planned on trying them in this thread about some that were featured on The Dr. Oz Show:

http://paulding.com/..._1#entry3054718

I am not interested in a war of wits where words are used like weapons to wound.

#4 C Mark Palm

C Mark Palm

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

How do you make yours?

I remember you posted that you planned on trying them in this thread about some that were featured on The Dr. Oz Show:

http://paulding.com/..._1#entry3054718

If I remember correctly I used that recipe from Dr. Oz.

http://www.doctoroz....brownies-recipe

#5 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,974 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

I've heard of them but never tried. There is also a weight watchers cupcake recipe that I have been meaning to try...Cake mix with pumpkin, to keep the fat down.

ETA

This super-simple 2-ingredient recipe is a Weight Watchers Fave!

1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:
Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.

Edited by DC...RED, 08 December 2011 - 12:23 PM.

Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#6 ButterflyLion

ButterflyLion

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

I've heard of them but never tried. There is also a weight watchers cupcake recipe that I have been meaning to try...Cake mix with pumpkin, to keep the fat down.

ETA

This super-simple 2-ingredient recipe is a Weight Watchers Fave!

1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:
Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.

Thanks. I'd like to try that recipe, too.

#7 bkhsgirl

bkhsgirl

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

my sister for thanksgiving did thid with spice cake mix... just a can of pumpkin and a box of spice cake mix and nothing else. it was sooooo good.

#8 ButterflyLion

ButterflyLion

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

my sister for thanksgiving did thid with spice cake mix... just a can of pumpkin and a box of spice cake mix and nothing else. it was sooooo good.

What kind of pan did she use?

#9 bkhsgirl

bkhsgirl

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

a bunt cake pan. i guess thats what you call them. the round one with a hole in the middle. it was so moist and my kids went over the next day and ate the rest of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics