Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
granny ma

I feel so helpless and that makes me mad

My daughters house was broken into Monday around noon. She lives in Camden Woods which is off of Dallas-Nebo rd..They completely destroyed the front door and kicked in doors inside which were not locked. Took tvs,laptop,jewelry, etc.. What really has her upset is they took a ring given to her last year by her mother/my wife before my wife passed away in December. This was a special made ring that had had incorporated several diamonds on it from several rings she inherited from her family. This all happened some time between 11:30 when she left the house and 2:45 when her neighbor came home and noticed some items laying in her yard.

. And I can't do you damn thing about it!

. Today my other daughter was visiting a friend who lives in the same sub-division. The friend stated that "That is strange because yesterday, 2 black men came to her door about 2:30 hunting for a person called T.J." . They were in a red chevy

So sorry to hear about your daughter's house and the loss of a special ring.

Hopefully she got that neighbor to talk to the police, maybe a great lead.

I hope the catch the creeps who did this :angry:

:angry2: I really don't like thieves.

It sounds like a special one of a kind ring. Maybe if you could get a picture or drawing of it to all of the pawn shops they will recognize it when it comes in.

I hope that they are found and her ring is recovered.

I want to share a quick story that may lighten your spirits.......this is a TRUE story.

My mother was sick for a very long time. She would talk to her kids and grandkids about her upcoming death and what she wanted each person to have. She had a special Bride Doll that my dad had bought her for their 25th anniversary and it sat on her dresser for years. This was to go to my niece, my moms oldest grandchild.

Mom did pass away (years ago). When we returned from the funeral our house had been broken into and all of moms jewelry AND the Doll were gone. This was in March.

We searched every inch of the house for weeks and never found any of the missing items.

This was in March. As Christmas approached my niece wanted nothing but the doll for Christmas.

We searched every store we could looking for an identical doll that we could pass off. Ebay was checked daily but we could find no doll.

Christmas Eve arrived and we were all at my mom and dads house (our first Christmas without mom). All of us were outside having a good time except my niece who was inside sad about the doll.

A few minutes later she joined us and asked who had come inside.......none of us had.

Yes, she said, somebody was inside. We all knew that was impossible.

We go back inside and open the living room closet to hang our coats and guess what was sitting there...YEP, The Doll.

This is a true Christmas miracle that I experienced.

I pray that your daughter receives the miracle of locating her mothers ring.

OH, that just infuriates me. Great idea about getting a pic of the ring to pawn shops/jewelry stores/whoever.

Besides infuriating, it's also scary. What if she'd been home and just asleep or something and didn't answer the door? I hate thieves. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Please tell her to visit any pawn shops around. Even the ones in Cobb, Douglas and Polk counties. I pray that she can find the ring. Tell her to get a copy of the police report to carry with her and if she finds the ring call the police. They can verify the report and she will get the ring back after the investigation is over. It just really upsets me to think that someone thought they could just take something that is not theres. The theives need to GET A JOB, and stop stealing from the hard working people out there.

So sorry for your daughter's loss. Losing the items is hard enough without the violation she now feels.

My house backs up to that subdivision. Someone tried to burglarize our home in May. Thankfully, we have a good alarm system, and the glass break sensor scared them away before they actually gained entry.

Now, we have an even better system. And a dog.

I have friends in the same area that had their house broken into Monday also. I think they ring doorbells and break into the ones where they find no one home.

That is scary because I don't answer if I don't recognize the person

I do the same thing. If they tried to kick in my door it would be the last one they ever kicked in. :angry2:

• Like 1

I want to thank every one for your kind comments and suggestions. Myself, I can not exactly remember what the ring looks like,my wife wore it so seldom, so i am rather useless checking pawn shops. My daughter has been checking all the pawn shops in Paulding today. Tomorrow she is going to west Cobb, then to north Douglasville. Also we are keeping our eye on Craigs list.

. If any one happens to see a red chevy with 2 black men in it driving around a sub-division going house to house, pls get the license# and pm me please

Edited by grumps

I do the same thing. If they tried to kick in my door it would be the last one they ever kicked in. :angry2:

I can so understand that!! I may just start keeping a butcher knife handy when I'm home all alone in the afternoons.

I want to thank every one for your kind comments and suggestions. Myself, I can not exactly remember what the ring looks like,my wife wore it so seldom, so i am rather useless checking pawn shops. My daughter has been checking all the pawn shops in Paulding today. Tomorrow she is going to west Cobb, then to north Douglasville. Also we are keeping our eye on Craigs list.

Does your daughter remember what it looks like? I hate that someone did that to her and your family :(

Guest Inspector Callahan

We are the same way and we know very few people here. If we don't answer and they aren't afraid of the dogs and kick the door in, they had better be afraid of the owner.

• Like 2

I can so understand that!! I may just start keeping a butcher knife handy when I'm home all alone in the afternoons.

Stun gun might work better for you. Gun is my choice. I can remember a time in Paulding County when I did not feel the need to have an alarm, a weapon close by, or my doors locked. It would be nice to have that back. I am so sorry for the OP and their loss.

I'm so sorry your daughter is having to deal with this, but I am also thankful to you for posting with this information. Now we all can be on the lookout for this vehicle and maybe someone will see and report it. My mother in law lives alone and my daughter is expecting and at her home alone some days and I can make sure they know to be extra cautious. I do hope your daughter finds her ring and I pray for her peace of mind through all of this.

Stun gun might work better for you. Gun is my choice. I can remember a time in Paulding County when I did not feel the need to have an alarm, a weapon close by, or my doors locked. It would be nice to have that back. I am so sorry for the OP and their loss.

Ideally that would be mine as well but I'm afraid my reaction time wouldn't be as quick plus I'm not the most awesome shot. Wonder where you can get a stun gun at?

I am so sorry to hear what happened to your daughter. Fortunately she was not at home at the time and she and her family were not harmed, physically. As for the ring, can you or your daughter recall a time when she or her mother would have worn the ring and was photographed wearing it? Maybe if there is a photo it can be zoomed in on and cropped to get a better look at it to show to pawn shops, for the police report and so forth. Maybe even some video from a holiday or special event where either mom or daughter wore the ring?

My house was broken into a few months ago, too and I know the feeling. There were a group of boys(young men)knocking on doors, asking directions. We werent at home and didnt have a barking dog at the time, so they pretty much got it easily through a window they broke with tools from OUR outdoor shed.

I have become convinced through this that Neighborhood Watch prgrams(when they are done the right way)really do work and are the best way to ward off illegal activity before it gets to your home. We started one in our neighborhood and the interest in it was surprising.

The police reminded us to check all the local pawn shops almost daily for a few weeks to see if any of out items turned up. All pawn shops are supposed to send a daily report to the Police of what cam in that day so if it matches with stolen property they can seize it and return it to the owners.

Thank goodnes nothing sentimental was taken and I hate that so much for your daughter. They dont want that ring and I can just about guarantee you it's in a pawn shop very close to where she lives.

Our Police Chief told me that he has learned in his 30 yrs on the force that 99% of all burglars are lazy. They will skip a house that looks challenging to break into and they take their loot to the closest pawn shop just about everytime.

I hope she gets her ring back and that her insurance company is quick and fair with her. To our relief and surprise, ours was. We had to go back and do some digging on a few items as far as make, model and price but they had our check to us in 2 weeks. They stole apprx. $7,000.00 in items and another $500 in damages.

We now have a big, outside dog in our fenced yard and have concealed weapons permits so we can carry whenever and wherever. I didnt like the idea of coming home alone unarmed for awhile so I went this route.

Wishing her the very best.

Ideally that would be mine as well but I'm afraid my reaction time wouldn't be as quick plus I'm not the most awesome shot. Wonder where you can get a stun gun at?

Gun shows or you can order them online. I carry the real thing but a stun gun is good to have if you dont want to go that direction.

12 gauge will work ;)

• Like 1

You might try Adventure Outdoors. They sell hunting supplies and weapons.

My daughters house was broken into Monday around noon. She lives in Camden Woods which is off of Dallas-Nebo rd..They completely destroyed the front door and kicked in doors inside which were not locked. Took tvs,laptop,jewelry, etc.. What really has her upset is they took a ring given to her last year by her mother/my wife before my wife passed away in December. This was a special made ring that had had incorporated several diamonds on it from several rings she inherited from her family. This all happened some time between 11:30 when she left the house and 2:45 when her neighbor came home and noticed some items laying in her yard.

. Today my other daughter was visiting a friend who lives in the same sub-division. The friend stated that "That is strange because yesterday, 2 black men came to her door about 2:30 hunting for a person called T.J." . They were in a red chevy

Sent you a pm hope it helps.

this scares me as well... i dont answer the door if i dont know who it is... we have a gun but by the time i got to it and loaded it it would be too late. my kids are here most of the time.....

Sorry this happened to you! I almost wish these punks would try this at my place when I'm home during the week. They prob wouldn't live to tell lies to the cops.

• Like 3

this scares me as well... i dont answer the door if i dont know who it is... we have a gun but by the time i got to it and loaded it it would be too late. my kids are here most of the time.....

an empty gun at home is a worthless piece of metal. Keep it loaded and out of reach of children. A bad guy will not wait while you load it.

Sorry this happened to you! I almost wish these punks would try this at my place when I'm home during the week. They prob wouldn't live to tell lies to the cops.

Same here. My eyes would be the last ones they look into.

12 gauge will work ;)

Good point! :rofl:

Gun shows or you can order them online. I carry the real thing but a stun gun is good to have if you dont want to go that direction.

I used to go to those things all the time when I lived up north

I just looked at the crime reports on the Patch. There were two burglaries in your daughter's neighborhood Monday. I'm sure one of them on the report was hers. You may want to look and ask some of the neighbors near the other house if they know any more.

ETA: There was also a burglary at a house on Dallas Nebo Rd which is across the street from the entrance of Camden Woods. Same day.

Edited by Bobby Jo Bradley
To remove link to another site.

I just looked at the crime reports on the Patch. There were two burglaries in your daughter's neighborhood Monday. I'm sure one of them on the report was hers. You may want to look and ask some of the neighbors near the other house if they know any more.

ETA: There was also a burglary at a house on Dallas Nebo Rd which is across the street from the entrance of Camden Woods. Same day.

Question! please enlighten me. What is the "patch"?

guestion