Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Gipper Girl Rocks

If you "could" care LESS then you DO care, right?! Grrrr...

It's "I COULDNT care less".

That means you could not POSSIBLY care ANY less than you do which is zilch. If you " could care less" then you obviously care about it a little bit at least.

Annoys the heck outta me when people continually misuse cliche's. Its the OCD in me.

But, I could really care less.8)

• Like 3

That means you could not POSSIBLY care ANY less than you do which is zilch. If you " could care less" then you obviously care about it a little bit at least.

Annoys the heck outta me when people continually misuse cliche's. Its the OCD in me.

OMG!! That drives me crazy too!!!! Another one I hear all the time is, 'I'm so flustrated'.......'flustrated'.....REALLY!!?? Flustered or frustrated, yes, but don't combine them.

OMG!! That drives me crazy too!!!! Another one I hear all the time is, 'I'm so flustrated'.......'flustrated'.....REALLY!!?? Flustered or frustrated, yes, but don't combine them.

Holy MOLY that would drive me batty!!!

I should probably be medicated or something as much as things like that irritate me....:wacko: .

"Supposively" isn't a word. The word you're looking for is "supposedly". I've heard executive-level people make this mistake.....needless to say I instantly believe they are not fit to lead :D

mrnn

• Like 2

I HATE THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chicken poPs....:p

"Supposively" isn't a word. The word you're looking for is "supposedly". I've heard executive-level people make this mistake.....needless to say I instantly believe they are not fit to lead :D

mrnn

OMG! We agree on something!!!! That is probably my BIGGEST pet peeve as far as a single word. I hate that and it's all I can do to not correct them...:ninja: .

mrnn

I hear supposebly all the time! YIKES!

How about nucular....it's nuclear people!!! :wacko:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I was going to post that one. Even the former President never could get that one right :blink: .

I hear supposebly all the time! YIKES!

Ha! Yes, that's definitely another incarnation of the word.

mrnn

OMG! We agree on something!!!! That is probably my BIGGEST pet peeve as far as a single word. I hate that and it's all I can do to not correct them...:ninja: .

We likely agree on a lot of things but, unfortunately, political topics are typically where our paths cross. :drinks:

mrnn

Ha! Yes, that's definitely another incarnation of the word.

mrnn

We likely agree on a lot of things but, unfortunately, political topics are typically where our paths cross. :drinks:

mrnn

Very true....;)

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I was going to post that one. Even the former President never could get that one right :blink: .

More than one President I believe, Carter and G.Bush for sure. Why didn't anyone ever correct them? I thought that's why they have all those 'aids' around all the time!! It's funny because if I ever happen to say 'nuclear', Hubby will say, 'Don't you mean nucular', I swear he confuses me sometimes!!!!

More than one President I believe, Carter and G.Bush for sure. Why didn't anyone ever correct them? I thought that's why they have all those 'aids' around all the time!! It's funny because if I ever happen to say 'nuclear', Hubby will say, 'Don't you mean nucular', I swear he confuses me sometimes!!!!

lol! I never understood why someone never corrected Bush on that. maybe they did? He had to know b/c there were avatars and posters making fun of how he pronounced it.

I've seen a few PCom Commerce members who try to "sale" items. :blink: I won't use a business that doesn't know they "SELL" merchandise.

I'm screaming and running around the room............I HATE that!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

My daughter writes " could of " instead of the correct way, which is COULD HAVE. Drives me crazy when I go over her papers...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am screaming and running around the room, too, MomO3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHYYYYYYY did I ever start this madness?!?!?!!

"I seen" it, "for sell" and "I will sale..."...oh yes....you all are now some of my VERY favorite Pcommers. From now on, when I'm here reading and see some of these, I can rest assured that at least YOU all see them too! I am not alone!!!!:yahoo:

Lets not even get into "there" and "their" lest my head shall explode.

I mean this all very lightheartedly. All of us, DEFINITELY including myself :blush: , are capable of a mistake...many mistakes. This just happens to be one of those little annoyances in life that really gets in my crawl. Not an accident, but when adults go through life saying these things and never attempt to correct themselves. THAT is what really bugs me.

No, I take that back. The thing that annoys me MOST is ..."well, that's the way I say it.":shok: :fool: :80 :80 :80

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am screaming and running around the room, too, MomO3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHYYYYYYY did I ever start this madness?!?!?!!

"I seen" it, "for sell" and "I will sale..."...oh yes....you all are now some of my VERY favorite Pcommers. From now on, when I'm here reading and see some of these, I can rest assured that at least YOU all see them too! I am not alone!!!!:yahoo:

Lets not even get into "there" and "their" lest my head shall explode.

I mean this all very lightheartedly. All of us, DEFINITELY including myself :blush: , are capable of a mistake...many mistakes. This just happens to be one of those little annoyances in life that really gets in my crawl. Not an accident, but when adults go through life saying these things and never attempt to correct themselves. THAT is what really bugs me.

No, I take that back. The thing that annoys me MOST is ..."well, that's the way I say it.":shok: :fool: :80 :80 :80

You are correct, but unfortunately, I'm a grammar Nazi!! I'll come clean with something I say and I know a lot of people hate it.......here goes...........'I'm fixin' to go too the store (or whatever). Hubby will say, 'You're fixin' to, huh'!!! :D

irregardless

I'm screaming louder and running faster around the room now!!! I had a boss who said that ALL THE TIME.........MADE ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

One of the "questions" or "sayings" that people use to try to sound smart that actually drives me nuts is...

If a tree falls in the forest, but no one is around to hear, does it make a sound?

The anwser to that is...

YES!!!

The actions do cause physical consequences including noise. The world does go on without you!!!

"You don't mind if I search your car, right?"

Yes means you don't mind. No means you DO mind and you do not grant consent. Most people respond with "Nah" which means they shouldn't but most officers take that response as a yes.

Don't you just love those double-negatives? :rolleyes:

Answer Yes or No to these:

Have you stopped beating your spouse?

Have you stopped cheating on your spouse?

Another is The AvenueS at West Cobb. (Or just the AvenueS.)

The name is the Avenue at West Cobb or the Avenue if you want. That's the proper name.

My all time personal favorite, Granite. as in, "I try not to take life for granite". :wacko: IT'S GRANTED!!!

oh and yard sale signs that advertise "Cloths" instead of clothes.

Cloths for sell!! :lol:

mrnn

I've also heard "supposably". GAH!!!

Dang...didn't read far enough to see momof3 already posted about "supposably". I will admit to deliberately saying things incorrectly sometimes just to annoy myself (and others around me...:D). I also say "fixin' to"...it's a Southern thing.

walmartS

I know someone that call Kohl's, Kozes.

And Kilz (the paint primer), Kilts. And the application of Kilz is known as Kiltsit.

But my favorite expression of dislikement for someone is "I wouldn't give him the p*ss to take a pill with."

Edited by feelip

Many people butcher the English language because they have not been taught how to speak it properly. The inability of far too many to speak and write correct English does not speak well for our education system.

Edited by PowderSpringsDad
  • Like 1

Many people butcher the English language because they have not been taught how to speak it properly. The inability of far to many to speak and write correct English does not speak well for our education system.

Not meaning to be a smart @$$, but that should be "far TOO many", jus sayin. :rofl:

• Like 2