8oz. Fresh whole baby portabellas, quartered

1tbsp. oil

16oz egg noodles

1 1/2 cups honey mustard dressing

1 jar/can chicken gravy

3/4 cup half & half

* Bring water to a boil for pasta

* Chop Chives; cut mushrooms.

1. Preheat saute pan on medium-high 2-3 min. Place oil in pan, then add mushrooms; cook 2-3 min. or until tender.

2. Cook pasta following package instructions.

3. Reduce heat on mushrooms to medium; in dressing, gravy, and half & half. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 3-4 min. or until sauce thickens.

4. Heat chicken following package instructions.

5. Drain pasta; stir pasta and chives into mushroom mixture.

cut chicken into bite-soze peices; arrange over pasta and serve.

(Makes 6 servings.)

Cant wait to try this new recipe out! :D

Left over stir fried NY Strip, cheeze a k i mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet onions in a sesame sauce over basmati rice.

And Sake', of course.

Bon Apetite' :drinks:

Pork Chop Casserole, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts & crescent rolls. (the extra sauce from the casserole tastes great on the potatoes)

Pork Chop Casserole:

3/4 cup flour

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

6 pork chops (3/4 to 1-inch thick)

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

2/3 cup chicken broth

1 cup sour cream

1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided

Directions:

- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper; dredge pork chops.

- Heat oil in a large skillet; cook pork chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.

- Place pork chops in a single layer in an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.

- Add chicken broth to skillet to lift and gather the little pork bits.

- Combine cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth and sour cream; pour over chops.

- Sprinkle with half of the French fried onions.

- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes.

- Stir

- Top chops with remaining onions.

- Return to oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes.

Applewood smoked bacon, poached eggs, hash browns with onions & green peppers (still coming in from the garden), cantelope.

Hot dogs, fries, salad. I'm sick so something easy.

^ hope you feel better soon!

Naan pizza

^ what is this?

^ what is this?

Naan is an Indian bread, kind of like pita bread but wayyyyyy better. You can either make your own http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/naan/detail.aspx or buy it at most grocery stores.

I use it sometimes to make my own personal pizza. One piece of Naan makes for a good serving size. So each person can pick and choose what toppings they want on their own pizzas. It's soooooooo good and so much better than a frozen pizza and almost as easy.

Naan is an Indian bread, kind of like pita bread but wayyyyyy better. You can either make your own http://allrecipes.co...aan/detail.aspx or buy it at most grocery stores.

I use it sometimes to make my own personal pizza. One piece of Naan makes for a good serving size. So each person can pick and choose what toppings they want on their own pizzas. It's soooooooo good and so much better than a frozen pizza and almost as easy.

It has been years since I have eaten Naan bread. I used to love it. Take it and put it in a frying pan, flip it a few times and it is awesome.

Naan is an Indian bread, kind of like pita bread but wayyyyyy better. You can either make your own http://allrecipes.co...aan/detail.aspx or buy it at most grocery stores.

I love naan, just wasn't sure what you were doing with it for a pizza or if you were doing some unique and calling it "naan pizza".

I would think it would make a great white pizza, now that you mention it .... THANKS FOR THE IDEA!!

I do tortilla pizza similarly :)

I made BBQ split chicken breasts, rice pilaf, steamed broc. and caulf. with dinner rolls for the guys at te station. Now one of the guys is making brownies.

Thanks, CO. I hate being sick. MrB actually had Halloween candy and I had Sierra Mist. I can't stand long enough to even make hot dogs. :( This sucks.

Salmon patties, pinto beans, cornbread, mac n cheese, bread n butter pickles, and sliced onions!!

We ate like pigs!

I saw where Kroger has salmon on sale this week for $5 a pound and plan to get some even though that is still too high, but less expensive than it has been for months.

Also whole NY Strips for $5 a pound....boneless. That is a deal. But you have to buy the whole strip at 10-14 pounds.

meatloaf, roasted sweet and spicy sweet potatoes, country cheddar rice and for dessert semi homemade apple dumplings with vanilla ice cream....then a food coma!.

meatloaf, roasted sweet and spicy sweet potatoes, country cheddar rice and for dessert semi homemade apple dumplings with vanilla ice cream....then a food coma!.

Recipe please???

<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">3 tablespoons olive oil<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">2 teaspoons packed brown sugar<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1 1/2 tablespoons paprika<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1/2 teaspoon onion powder<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1/2 teaspoon garlic powder<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1/2 teaspoon chili powder<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1 pinch cayenne pepperDirections

1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. Place the sweet potato chunks into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle the brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, chili powder, and cayenne pepper overtop. Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated with the seasoning. Spread onto a baking sheet.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn the potatoes over with a spatula, and continue baking until the sweet potatoes are golden and tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.

<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">3 tablespoons olive oil<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">2 teaspoons packed brown sugar<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1 1/2 tablespoons paprika<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1/2 teaspoon onion powder<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1/2 teaspoon garlic powder<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1/2 teaspoon chili powder<LI class="plaincharacterwrap ingredient">1 pinch cayenne pepper

Edited by mandakt2