Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
pauldingretroteen

What was your favorite thing about the 1990's?

In the 1990's you had the 16-Bit Wars, Nintendo 64 vs. Sony PSone, Nirvana and Soundgarden were rising, Braves won the World Series in '95, Sony Walkman, cassettes, and VHS was still kickin it, as well as the invention of the Data Video Disc in '95, Shows like Seinfeld, Clarissa Explains it All, Nickelodeon GUTS, Family Double Dare, FRIENDS, Jeopardy!, Wheel Of Fortune, Sabrina The Teenage Witch were the top shows, the top bands and musicians in the late '90s were Britney Spears, Ace Of Base, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Blur, Oasis, backstreet boys, *NSYNC, Soundgarden, and who can forget Alice in Chains! Not to mention the Monday Night Wars (WWF RAW is WaR on USA vs. WCW Monday Nitro on TNT) brought in MANY viewers So I'm asking you, what is your favorite part of the 1990s?

the music

the salon I worked in all through the 90's

my son being little

things I do NOT miss about the 90's....

my ex-husband

Living in Germany, (despite my ex-husband)...divorcing said douchenozzle, and meeting my Ray :wub: ;) .

Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch, Jodeci, Beverly Hills 90210, PAGERS LOL, grunge rock, flannel shirts, oh I can go on!

Edited by Jaydensmommy
  • Like 1

My hair...was perfect!

:lol:

:lol:

Mine was big in the early 90s. I totally had the Salon Selectives big barrel curling iron to do my bangs. Haha By the late 90s it was long and straight, 'cause I thought I was a hippie.

Remember Baby Soft and Bonnebell lip gloss in shiny pink? Vanilla Fields, Navy perfumes? LOL Rollerskating....

Hacky sacks, Birkenstocks, goth kids? haha

The year 2000.

I hear that in the voice of Conan's announcer! :lol:

Edited by MrsB

Good rap music, Sublime, Blind Melon and all the music i love! My so called life(Jordan Catalano :wub: ), Clueless, Johnathan Taylor Thomas (JTT), Teen bop magazine, TGIF, the days no one would wear skinny jeans (jncos).......so many things!

Guest Inspector Callahan

I miss Herman Cain harrasing all the women.

It beginning to sound like all the women were harrassing him

Good rap music, Sublime, Blind Melon and all the music i love! My so called life(Jordan Catalano :wub: ), Clueless, Johnathan Taylor Thomas (JTT), Teen bop magazine, TGIF, the days no one would wear skinny jeans (jncos).......so many things!

Yep all the good rap was in the 90s!!! I miss Booty Music!!! HA!

You lost me at grunge rock :pardon:

I went thru my alternative phase in the mid 90s. I loved Pearl Jam, STP, Hole, Nine Inch Nails, all that!

• Like 2

Yep all the good rap was in the 90s!!! I miss Booty Music!!! HA!

I went thru my alternative phase in the mid 90s. I loved Pearl Jam, STP, Hole, Nine Inch Nails, all that!

Kilo Ali and Raheem the Dream! But if i was to hear any of my teenage neices or my kids listening to music like that i would kill them!!! lol That music was so terrible but so good!

I had a lot of heart aches in the early years but, I met the "Love of My Life" in 1996, we married in 2001 and will be 10 yrs next month. I Love You, Darling!!!!!!!!!

Headbangers Ball, Sassy/Jane magazine, striped tights, Cypress Hill. Thats all I can remember, I went to a lot of parties in the 90's, at least until 97 when I had my daughter. Oh that reminds me, teletubbies.

Edited by jenilyn

Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch, Jodeci, Beverly Hills 90210, PAGERS LOL, grunge rock, flannel shirts, oh I can go on!

GRUNGE ROCK AND FLANNEL FTW (FOR THE WIN) BRO. LULZ

I had bought out all my partners, moved the business to Paulding, the poultry industry both domestically and international was booming and we had a 6 month back log of orders on the books. It was fun and exciting to get up in the morning and go to work. I had predicted what was going to happen within the industry and it was my vehicle to steer without having to have committee made decisions on everything.

No neighbors, watching the turkeys, quail, and other wildlife from the deck with a cup of coffee in the morning. And relative peace and quiet. Never even locked the doors.

You could drive through Hiram in a reasonable amount of time.

Jerry Shearin was selling insurance, instead of us down the river, and I had never been involved in a lawsuit with anybody.

Kilo Ali and Raheem the Dream! But if i was to hear any of my teenage neices or my kids listening to music like that i would kill them!!! lol That music was so terrible but so good!

YES!! Loved all that! I used to jam out to Uncle Luke Scarred all the time too on the weekends in my car riding around. Its like the dirtiest song ever but I loved it. I need to go find that song on iTunes, now I wanna hear it LOL

Edited by Jaydensmommy

The rise of some of my favorite bands, which I still follow today, Alice In Chains, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, Kyuss, Tool,Clutch Nine Inch Nails and many more. The idea that I could go to Lollapalooza and see 3 or 4 of them perform is crazy by today's standards. I still pick up new music as favorites, but it tapered off dramatically after the 90's.

The shows were awesome, In Living Color,Married With Children, Home Improvement,X Files,Roseanne,Wonder Years, couldn't get away from watching Power Rangers with my boys, or Blues Clues. Even one my all time fav HBO series started in 1999, The Sopranos. The movies go on and on, from Jurassic Park,The Matrix to There's Something About Mary and The Lion King. The list goes on and on. My kids were born and little did I know the time would pass so fast. I see those tv shows or movies, listen to certain music and remember the first time I experienced it and it seems like yesterday yet so long ago.

Green Day

Nirvana

Better than Ezra

Blind Melon

Offspring

Weezer

Beverly Hills 90210

Friends

My So Called Life

Dawson's Creek

The lack of purple, pink or blue hair and legwarmers.