Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
myrlin

What's your thoughts on this brand laptop

IMO the Yugo's of the computer world. They might have gotten better over the years, but I very much doubt it. Bad quality, low quality parts, crappy support, to name a few bad points. If your looking for a decent laptop anything in the 300 - 500 range isn't bad. Just got my daughter a new one for less than 500 (Toshiba) does everything she needs to do including AutoCAD, Photoshop and even plays World of Warcraft

That's what I've heard too. There is one for 199 at best buy and I want to get my kids a computer for Christmas so I was just checking

If you are looking to buy one that is not a big name and save some money, I would go with Acer. I have had an Acer laptop for 5-6 years now and the only thing I have done is buy a new power cord for 10.00. My nephew and sister bought one the same year as me and theirs are also still going strong.

I put this in another post today---Target has the Acer mini laptop for $199 starting Sunday. If it is just for surfing and such--this one is great. I got mine a couple years ago on Black Friday for the same price and I love it. It is not for working on--still have the desktop for all of that.

I bought DGD an emachine for Christmas 2 years ago. It has served her purpose just fine. And, for several months DD worked from home on that laptop for 10-14 hrs a day.

No problems whatsoever.

I need something 4 kids can use to play games and any kinda homework they might need it for. 4 kids so LOTS of games!! Also I would like to use it for pictures! So I guess I need something that is fast and lots of memory

I dont play any games on mine but Im rather attached to my Dell laptop I got to choose exactly what specs I wanted. I got it 2 years ago and its still going strong. they also offer good tech support for the computer challenged like myself

Edited by ElyssaJohnson78

We have 2 Toshiba Satellites. We love them. Never any problems with them.

I agree that acer is the way to go - they bought out Texas instruments computer portion........

Edited by scannin'yourheart

I think with laptops you really should put in the extra money and get a nice one that will last. I learned this the hard way. :)

I had an Acer laptop that lasted about 2 years before the LCD started going bad. I also had a Dell Inspiron that had a harddrive failure about 9 months after buying it. I recommend Compaq for a lower end computer. They are fairly inexpensive and reliable. Our Compaq lasted about 5 years. The only work we had to do on it was upgrade the memory. Im using a Samsung laptop now and love it. It was not cheap though.